SEOP

Re: D5 - Region 19: (#5) Wheelersburg at (#4) Monroe Central

Post by caglewis »

4TH QTR 3:30
WB KO - to the 25 - no return
MC BALL
1/10 - pass comp - gain of 7
2/3 - pass incomp - nearly intercep
3/3 - MC QB having trouble with leg cramping - barely able to walk - FD - wait - ball is LOOSE - WB BALL

WB BALL
1/10 - gain of 7 - 2:40
2/3 - FD at the 27
1/10 - loss of 1
2/11 - Shank to 22
3/5 - 50 sec - sound cut out - ????
GAME OVER - SCORE: WB 52 - MC 42
CONGRATS TO THE PIRATES OF WHEELERSBURG
Last edited by caglewis on Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

No Defense.

burggrad1986
Riding the Bench

Post by burggrad1986 »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
really? lol

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

^^^^^^^^^

:roll: :roll: :roll:

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

I hear the fat lady clearing her throat.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

That crow tastes good! Awesome game. Gladly eaten

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Congrats to Wheelersburg from Ironton!!

K-BERG88
Waterboy

Post by K-BERG88 »

Congrats Burg way to bring one home for the SOC

Riding the Bench

Post by 007 »

Congrats to Wheelersburg from Valley:122245

Riding the Bench

Post by 007 »

Congrats to Wheelersburg fromValley :122245

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

Congrats to Wheelersburg. Good luck next week.

FOURTYTWOISO
Waterboy

Post by FOURTYTWOISO »

Congrats Burg and Good Luck the rest of the way.

GreasyRidgeGuru
Waterboy

Post by GreasyRidgeGuru »

ItownHosscat wrote:What was up with the second half kickoff?Burg kicks off to start both halfs?!?

either a goof by Burgs coach(or captains attending the coin toss) or a rarely seen decision (for psychological reasons I guess)by the staff to start out on defense both times. Actually, the first game I coached in 20-some years ago, the HC was so nervous his first game, the other coach deferred and he chose to kick(not for any reason, he just goofed up).In that case, the refs asked the coaches their decisions before the toss.

Way to go Wheelersburg. Monroe Central has a great team from a great area(OVAC),back to the Woodsfield days.They have an extremely good coaching staff too.

So, hats off to a very good program(from a Liberty Union Fan).Good luck the rest of the playoffs.
Last edited by GreasyRidgeGuru on Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

Congrats burg! With minford out :( I will be pulling for burg the rest of the way!

BigTime
JV Team

Post by BigTime »

Congrats to the Burg, pulling for you to win it all.

southernohiofan
JV Team

Post by southernohiofan »

wish i wouldve went to this game but work and travel time couldnt make it instead i went to the close game. great win wheelersburg and good luck next week, i will be there rooting for another win

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Hi folks! I'm the first one online who was actually in attendance tonight, since I live the closest, obviously. :lol:

First and foremost, Burg 77, great to meet you. You are now a friend with a face. demaniac - WTH? You too busy posting about holding to come meet me at halftime? :lol: :lol: :lol: You have to promise that we will meet, since you stood me up....... ;-)

Now that all the formalities are out of the way, here we go!!!!!!!!!

Burg fans, you are great, as always. I appreciate your genuinous and candor. Seems like us "what you see is what you get" folks are pretty much cut from the same cloth........

Now, this point going forward, I'm a Burg fan for the rest of the postseason. There is absolutely no reason why you should not win Region 19. Frankly, the reason is simple...........

YOUR LINE. Where's the beef???? Well, duh, I know where it is, and all the rest of the folks in attendance know where it is. Impressive. Period.

Now, not for the sake of argument, but for the sake of some of the absolutely uniformed, (OK, ignorant) statements made coming up to this game, turf favor burg? Nope. Line favor burg. You betcha. Skill players? That one goes to Monroe Central, and the stats will prove that one out.

Now, what would you have with Burg's line and Monroe's skill players?

A state champion!!!

What an entertaining game! I'm so glad that I went, even though my alma mater ended up on the short end of the score. Nothing to be ashamed about, period.

I hope all of the folks from the Burg make it home safely, and good luck throughout the remainder of the playoffs. You have the potential to go far with your team and I wish you the best. SD will be cheering you on throughout the remainder of the playoffs.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Wasn't able to attend but was able to listen and all I can say is.......

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a great ballgame. Burg with 3 running backs over a 100 yards against a team that was only giving up 150 yards of offense total. All that has to go to the linemen. They should be your players of the game. Nice job blocking tonight.

Big snafu with the coin toss evidently. Never heard of the same team kicking at the start of both halves and then try an onside kick both times?????? giving them a short field in which they scored. Burg needs to put the onside kick back in there pocket and leave it there.

Turning point of the game IMO was the MC fumble into the endzone for a safety after Burg had coughed it up at the 6, going in for a score. It seemed like all the momentum had shifted towards the Burg. Burg got the free kick and then went down and scored to take the lead back.

Burg will now rematch against Fredericktown who beat them back in 2007. Hopefully they will play somewhere other than Lancaster. I bet if you ask Burg they would even travel to somewhere around Columbus if they get to play on turf.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Couple of other things:

Burg fans - How do you think MC would fair against your conference teams as well as your nonconference schedule??? After tonight, I think pretty doggone good.......

Now, a comment about these two teams and the TVC, since I live in the TVC, have watched alot of TVC teams play this year, and have now seen MC twice, and Wheelersburg. Either of these teams in tonight's contest would beat the hell out of Athens, NY, or Trimble. Those are your champs, co-champs, etc.

Folks at Don Drumm stadium saw an entirely different brand of football than what you see in the TVC.

I make this observation to not cause debate or controversy, but to put a placemarker of reality out there for the TVC teams.

And one other comment and I'll shut up. It makes me so happy to see kids from River, Frontier, Fort Frye, Warren, Marietta, Barnesville, Waterford and Caldwell in attendance tonight. Home side of Don Drumm was pretty much filled up!!!!!! I know that the city of Woodsfield, the fans, coaches, and players appreciate your attendance and support tonight!

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

Congrats to my Pirates! Sounds like it was a great game!!

Great season Monroe Central!

Return to “Football”