D5 - Region 19: (#7) Coal Grove at (#2) Oak Hill

Who advances?

Total votes: 0

DASANI
Riding the Bench

Re: D5 - Region 19: (#7) Coal Grove at (#2) Oak Hill

Post by DASANI »

Ok. I talked to the boys cousin so im sure it was just their version of the story.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Just got back from buying me tickets at the high school, remember everyone buy presale, give the schools some money from this,,,,plus it's two bucks cheaper than at the gate

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

Whatever the reason, I hope that it can get straightened out by next season. I believe that he is only a sophomore and he has tons of strength, talent and potential. It would be too bad if this was the last season he chose to play.

ohhsgottagetthatblue
Waterboy

Post by ohhsgottagetthatblue »

2trap_4ever wrote:
ohhsgottagetthatblue wrote:
2trap_4ever wrote:So what I am reading on here is that Coal Grove has no chance and we shouldn't even show up Friday night, I mean Oak Hill has so many weapons and is so good that they could probably go up to Cleveland and hand it to St. Ig,,,,,,,,,Lets just remember that both of these teams are really good and Oak Hill has just as much of a chance of winning this game as the Grove, please Oak Hill fans, one good year doesn't give you the right to think you are better than any team in southern Ohio.

i don't recall anyone saying anything even remotely close to anything like that.

Then you haven't read anywhere on this thread where the Oak Hill offense is going to be to much the Coal Grove to handle, that they are going to run all over us and throw the ball like they are a D1 college team, you haven't read anything like that on here, I would have to say you haven't been reading all the post.

the only people i've seen say anything like that aren't even from oak hill. you're over reacting and making it sound like we're all EXTREMELY cocky, you need a reality check. come to the game & see what happens. end of discussion. thanks.

ohhsgottagetthatblue
Waterboy

Post by ohhsgottagetthatblue »

sandman wrote:Whatever the reason, I hope that it can get straightened out by next season. I believe that he is only a sophomore and he has tons of strength, talent and potential. It would be too bad if this was the last season he chose to play.

you're for sure right. i think that this young man has a TON of potential and hes one of the strongest on the team. i would also be extremely disappointed if he didn't choose to play for us next year.

PIGSKIN JUNKIE
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN JUNKIE »

I think this will be a very close, hard fought game....too close to call if you ask me. I am looking forward to being at the game on Friday

Big D23
Riding the Bench

Post by Big D23 »

I would pick the oak's if they played in a tough conference but they don't so i have to give the upper hand to coal grove with the tougher schedule all year

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

It'll be a whale of a game (or at least it should be).
Coal Grove has to find a way to make Slone uncomfortable. What most people aren't talking about is the fact that he's got some nice, sizeable targets to throw the ball to. Coal Grove's secondary isn't very big and I expect Slone to try to take advantage of this. I can't wait to see how many times Oak Hill makes pass attempts of 20 or more yards.
Coal Grove's linebackers will be a big factor in how this one turns out. I figure they'll have to control Hale and get in Slone's face. They'll have to do a good job of reading and reacting.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

Oak Hill wins behind the arm of Sloan as well as an INT he will have in the last few minutes to end the Hornets season.

OH 35
CG 28

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Coal Groves pass defense better be more prepared than what they were against Minford. I stopped and watched the 2nd half of that game and after CG went up 30-18, Minford got the ball and scored in I think 3 plays, 2 by the pass. Minford moved the ball right down the field on them with ease those last two drives.

Coal Grove's Defense has came a real long way since the minford game...I really believe that Coal Grove is going to score a lot of points friday...I don't believe that Oak hill will be able to score as easily on the grove...just looks like Coal Grove will be the best team from all I have been looking at...but anything can happen...

lostcause
Freshman Team

Post by lostcause »

lets not forget that Coal Grove was up on minford by 10 points at one time in there game and coal grove laid down like they had already won the game. but since then i think they have learned there lesson not to let up and it HAS been proven in each game up till now.they can pass when they need to or they can just give it to BOO!!! I give the grove the advantage!!!!!!!!!

Coal Grove 30
Oak Hill 21

hornetdad
Riding the Bench

Post by hornetdad »

well it is getting closer to game time,all cheap talk is over let 2 good football teams play the game and may the best team win, good luck to both team but iam pulling for my hornets to pull this game out in a close game

hornetdad
Riding the Bench

Post by hornetdad »

will all the players be ready for game on friday that was in trouble this week

Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Frogtownbuckeye »

Coal Grove 34
Oak Hill 21
Good luck Hornets from I-Town!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

hornetdad wrote:will all the players be ready for game on friday that was in trouble this week

One has a concussion and a broken wrist - he will not play.
From what I understand, the others are in the clear.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Westen Hale (Oak Hill) 1,216 (14 TD) Oak Hill's only runner as far as stats go

The combined effort of our tailback duo Oakie Haynes and Boo Woods 1643 yds and 23 td's

Who really has the better running game, with this time of production it's no wonder why we only pass when we want to.

brhs07
Waterboy

Post by brhs07 »

CG-26

OH-14

Goodluck from Rock Hill

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

DASANI wrote:
sandman wrote:I have seen both play and I think that OH's defensive line makes the difference. I had heard that their nose guard was no longer on the team. He was an animal. If that is the case, I don't know but nonetheless, I think Oak Hill wins in a squeaker.

I heard that he got kicked off the team because he was rubbing snuff in class....If that were the case South Gallia wouldnt be able to field a team. Thats a bit steep if you ask me.

Are you kidding me? Tobacco use is no joke, especially for high school kids. Kudos to the administration for doing the right thing. We are supposed to teach students what is right, and tobacco use at school, or anywhere for that matter, is not tolerable. I think that kids should get expelled for tobacco use at school, but that is just me. We have to stop our children from using tobacco.
Anyway, I think I'm taking the Oaks.
OH-27
CG-21

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Good luck to the Oaks on Friday. I'll be there rooting for my fellow Jackson Countians.

Hosting a playoff game is a great experience, not only for the coaches, players, and their families, but also for the entire community. Jackson has been fortunate enough to have that opportunity twice, so it's nice to see Oak Hill getting that same chance. Enjoy the rest of this week and take in every moment on Friday. It's truly something to remember.

BEAT COAL GROVE!!!

89Falcon
Waterboy

Post by 89Falcon »

have seen both play this year but i have to go with the oaks because of one big reason ... oakhill can pass and coalgrove cant defend the pass :122246 ... coalgrove has been wanting respect from the erea for a while now ... here is your chance cg you want it go get it ... I being from minford would LOVE to see minford oakhill rematch next week :122245 :122245 :122245 ... best of luck to both really good teams ... see ya next week ;-)

Return to “Football”