D4 - Region 15: (#8) Alexander at (#1) Amanda-Clearcreek

Who advances?

Total votes: 0

IPride
Waterboy

Re: D4 - Region 15: (#8) Alexander at (#1) Amanda-Clearcreek

Post by IPride »

Where did the name "Purple Aces" come from?

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

AC rolls. When they have practice jerseys that don't have number just the words "Defense Wins Championships" they mean it. Alexander will be doing good to score in this game.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

No contest, Amanda could lose half their starters and still win this game. The MSL Buckeye is three times the conference of the TVC in football and this will be proven next week. Everyone always talks about being rural, isolated, socioeconomically challenged, etc. but in the Buckeye division of the MSL Fairfield Union, Logan Elm and Hamilton Township don't even have a real town in their school district and Carroll, Ashville and Amanda proper are the size of Albany, Middleport , Glouster or Nelsonville so this tells me there is a different type and mentality of football played there. Just my thoughts :)

earp
S

Post by earp »

Purple Aces????Amanda isnt purple they are black,orange and white!University of Evansville is the Purple Aces!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I will be also making the drive to Amanda (atownbigdog) ... But I am covering it so I need to get there a few minutes early and don't lave until I talk to both coaches ... but if you feel like hanging around the press box and don't mind leaving a minutes later, shoot me an e-mail this week sometime.

BTW ... Alex fans ... keep an eye on the Local Newspaper on Thursday and Friday and Saturday ... I believe two features and a game preview will be in their.

We did the same for Trimble last season and for NY (except I think they only had one feature during the week and a preview on game day) ... With the Spartans being the only team representing this area week 11 - there are some really good ideas floating around, which should make good news articles ... Usually we have at least two teams or so playing, but this year with only one IM sure the Spartans will garner a lot of attention from all media outlets and from the area communties.

buckeyefan2010
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyefan2010 »

amanda by 60....nuff said

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Alex doesn't have much of a chance but you never know what might happen.

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

FANOSPORTS wrote:No contest, Amanda could lose half their starters and still win this game. The MSL Buckeye is three times the conference of the TVC in football and this will be proven next week. Everyone always talks about being rural, isolated, socioeconomically challenged, etc. but in the Buckeye division of the MSL Fairfield Union, Logan Elm and Hamilton Township don't even have a real town in their school district and Carroll, Ashville and Amanda proper are the size of Albany, Middleport , Glouster or Nelsonville so this tells me there is a different type and mentality of football played there. Just my thoughts :)

You're thoughts couldnt be farther from the facts FOS. Did you take economics in College or high school? The socioeconomic make up of that area is vastly different from southeastern ohio. It doenst even compare. These communities are all suburbs and outlying areas of Columbus, Lancaster, Circleville, Chilicothe,ect. You want to compare this to Albany, Nelsonville, Glouster! lol Middleport! lol Wow. Even though these may be farming areas they are much more urban than our little towns here in SEO. If you want to put down this area just put it down, You will sound alot smarter than the rubbish you wrote here..... Good luck to the great big village of Albany in the playoffs :lol:

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Amanda in a blowout win.

4 HORSEMEN
JV Team

Post by 4 HORSEMEN »

Wow what a tough draw for the Spartans!!!!

On the up-side, they are making there 1st ever playoff appearance in school history (Congrats on that).......... But the down-side...... AMANDA CLEARCREEK!!!

Amanda is probably THE most successful and accomplished team in the last 10 years in this area. I know they have had a couple down years, but I am sure this current team is fully tapping into their tradition of State Titles and deep runs into the playoffs.

Alex needs to be happy with earning a playoff birth, but not CONTENT. Play hard, and go down swinging. I would love to see them "shock the world", but I'm not betting the farm on it.

Amanda by a bunch.... Good luck Alex.... ;-)

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Green Beagle wrote:
FANOSPORTS wrote:No contest, Amanda could lose half their starters and still win this game. The MSL Buckeye is three times the conference of the TVC in football and this will be proven next week. Everyone always talks about being rural, isolated, socioeconomically challenged, etc. but in the Buckeye division of the MSL Fairfield Union, Logan Elm and Hamilton Township don't even have a real town in their school district and Carroll, Ashville and Amanda proper are the size of Albany, Middleport , Glouster or Nelsonville so this tells me there is a different type and mentality of football played there. Just my thoughts :)

You're thoughts couldnt be farther from the facts FOS. Did you take economics in College or high school? The socioeconomic make up of that area is vastly different from southeastern ohio. It doenst even compare. These communities are all suburbs and outlying areas of Columbus, Lancaster, Circleville, Chilicothe,ect. You want to compare this to Albany, Nelsonville, Glouster! lol Middleport! lol Wow. Even though these may be farming areas they are much more urban than our little towns here in SEO. If you want to put down this area just put it down, You will sound alot smarter than the rubbish you wrote here..... Good luck to the great big village of Albany in the playoffs :lol:

Actually you are WRONG about AC. the have a very SMALL town where the school sits (Amanda) not much else. there are no other developed communities, Neighborhoods or anything around AC it is all farm commuinity and the hills of hocking county for their school.
Also they border LE schoolddistrict, TV SD, Berne Union,Bloom carrroll,Fairfield union and lacaster city. the school itself is no where close to any of these other school for other kids to want to transfer, in fact for the most part AC is "hated" by the other school disctricts around the area. because they are so good all the time and yet so much smaller than the rest. Nelsonville, Albany and Glouster is WAY BIGGER than Amanda and has a way bigger selection of kids than AC. in reality in a couple years people are looking for AC to go back down to DV.

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

mstangmom wrote:
Green Beagle wrote:

Actually you are WRONG about AC. the have a very SMALL town where the school sits (Amanda) not much else. there are no other developed communities, Neighborhoods or anything around AC it is all farm commuinity and the hills of hocking county for their school.
Also they border LE schoolddistrict, TV SD, Berne Union,Bloom carrroll,Fairfield union and lacaster city. the school itself is no where close to any of these other school for other kids to want to transfer, in fact for the most part AC is "hated" by the other school disctricts around the area. because they are so good all the time and yet so much smaller than the rest. Nelsonville, Albany and Glouster is WAY BIGGER than Amanda and has a way bigger selection of kids than AC. in reality in a couple years people are looking for AC to go back down to DV.

I guess the OHSAA is picking on AC since they have NY as a middle of the road d5 school and Glouster a small d6 school. The projection with the bypass around lancaster is that Amanda will be d3 before long. WAY BIGGER. are you serious? Hating you because you are so good all the time. Did you read your post before you submitted? Drive through these communities you mention on here and tell me the socioeconomic make up is better down south as it is in your neck of the woods. Its not even close. The infrastucture doesnt even compare. They are just now trying to connect us down here with central ohio. See how long it takes you to drive to the nearest industry. I can tell you its over an hour any direction from my house.
Last edited by Green Beagle on Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

[quote]I guess the OHSAA is picking on AC since they have NY as a middle of the road d5 school and Glouster a small d6 school. The projection with the bypass around lancaster is that Amanda will be d3 before long. WAY BIGGER. are you serious? Hating you because you are so good all the time. Did you read your post before you submitted?[/quote]

Obviously not. :lol:

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

I would love to see Alexander win but I dont think they have a chance. Amanda rolls big.

judge_smales
Waterboy

Post by judge_smales »

It will interesting to see a Hinton standing on the opposite sidelines....I hope we make his first trip back to "The Pit" (as a coach) a memorable one :-D

Offense wins games, DEFENSE wins championships!!!!!!!

GO ACES!!!!!

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

I read my post just fine, if you paid attention it put " " around the word hated. as in a lack of a better word. hated like the Ironton/logan rival. or the Ironton/portsmouth rival. We don't even play AC except in biddy ball and AC is "hated" because they are always so good in football. But at the same time we support them when they are in the playoffs.
AC a DIII before long? I doubt it very much. they had like 5 or 6 classes coming up with a large number of boys. in like 1 or 2 years from now those numbers are way lower and everyone looks for them to be back down to a DV. but none of that matters right now this thread is about a playoff game.

AC wins this one, I don't see AC being challanged until they meet Ironton in the playoffs.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

Amanda has a very good team, id love to see a tvc team pull of the W but i dnt know if that will happen, Amanda by a lot but best of luck Alexander

ATownWarrior
Freshman Team

Post by ATownWarrior »

This Alexander team doesn't get enough credit. Just because this is the first winning season in who knows how long. They are better than people say. I've bought into this Alexander team. Enough to say they win round one and they shut up all their critics.

GO SPARTANS!!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

THOUGH, I DON'T SEE THIS BEIN A GAME, GO ALEXANDER. THAT WAY WE AIN'T GOTTA DEAL WITH EM.

west siders
All State

Post by west siders »

Amanda clearcreek by 5 touchdowns. Good luck to Alexander though!

Return to “Football”