D5 - Region 19: (#6) Ridgewood at (#3) Minford

Who advances?

Total votes: 0

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: D5 - Region 19: (#6) Ridgewood at (#3) Minford

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Good luck Falcons. Represent the SOC well.

Sounds like Ridgewood is one dimensional, same as they were 2 years ago against Burg. They did give Burg a good game though. Game wasn't decided until late in the game. Turning point in that game was when Burg scored with about 30 seconds left in the half on two plays. Gave Burg I think a 21-6 cushion and than Mr. Conservative, Lewis played Tressel ball in the 2nd half instead of continuing to run the offense. It almost bit him in the butt.

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

Hopefully, we will play like we did in The Burg, and the West games. In both of those games we played for 4 quarters, and our D-fense controlled the game. We just need to stay fired up, and start tackling better. Against West, and The Burg, we broken down and made sure tackles, at times. The last few weeks we have been sloppy, and missing everybody.

Hey Red; Your right, I like seeing ole' #7 up there at linebacker. And I would like to see him blitz from that position. He is probably our hardest hitter, and could cause alot of problems in the backfield, for Ridgewood.

And what about #20, he really looked good Friday. He was the key to us pulling that one out. He really run hard, and got the yards when we needed it. I hope to see us really open it up, and let it all hang out this week. We need to move the ball around a little, like, throwing to #15, that shocked everyone. I don't think Valley expected that. If only he would have caught it, but it was a great idea. And how about #5, what a catch, maybe get him the ball a little more. Everybody knows they will be out to stop #15, he has been the key to our success. If the other guys keep performing well, it will open it up for #15 again, and he can get some yards.

I don't know about you feller's, but I'm starting to get Excited!!!!!!!

Proud to be a Falcon!!! The SOC II Champs!!!

arrowhead
Waterboy

Post by arrowhead »

Good Luck Minford Falcons

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

GO FALCONS ......... 56 'em

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

Just from looking at Ridgewood's schedule I have a hard time believing they will come into muletown and get a win.

Minford by 2 touchdown's in this one.

mother_nature
Waterboy

Post by mother_nature »

Is this minford team better than portsmouth west team last year??

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

mother_nature wrote:Is this minford team better than portsmouth west team last year??

No need to stir the pot. People like you is what brings stupid crap onto these threads. Its two different teams and we will never know which team was better because it is two totally different years!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Cameron34Crazie34 wrote:
mother_nature wrote:Is this minford team better than portsmouth west team last year??

No need to stir the pot. People like you is what brings stupid crap onto these threads. Its two different teams and we will never know which team was better because it is two totally different years!

Exactly! But as a Minford guy, I will say that last year's West team was really good. Very good balance and a line that was dominating. If Pendleton would have been a year older last year, they would have made a run at THE title.

Too hard to compare teams that dont play head to head.

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

There is really no way to compare the teams. I'm not sure that this year's Minford Team is better than last year's. Who really know's. That's the good thing about High School football, you start all over every year. That's what keeps everyone so excited, and coming to the games.

Proud to be a Falcon!!! The SOC II Champs!!!

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Ridgewood's wing-t varies a lot from Minford's wing-t...even though all wing-t's run most of the same plays, have the same principal of out numbering you at the point of attack, and have the same reads (guards, through the fullback)...they are very rarely if ever ran the same

Make no bones about Conrad is as good if not better than every back Minford has played...hes better than Shankweiler, Craigmiles, and has a better line and probably skill set than Pendleton...the kid can play, and yes he is their go-to guy, and if you stop them you stop Ridgewood, but their is a reason they are 10-0 no one has stopped him...and they make big, strong boys up there, that line will probably be the best Minford has played as well, but if they get off their blocks like they did against Wheelersburg, even if they get drove off the ball a yard or two, and play displinced patient defense they can win...their weakness is a lack of a passing game and they lack team speed in my opinion...and something else, don't be suprised if this game is very close...you have to remember Ridgewood has lost to two talented teams that should have went a lot went further than they did in the 07 Burg team and 08 West team.

You could compare every champion to previous years, it gets you nowhere...Personally I'm biased toward the 08 West team, I think they are top 3 ever at West and the best teams to come through since the 02 West team and 04 Burg team...but they didn't reflect this in the playoff's so I could be wrong...I think this Minford team is very very good...they have a good stable of running backs, a great defense, and probably the best quarterback to ever come through the school, I would love to see them play in canton, but let me say something to Minford players, its easy to get satisfied just with an Soc, espicially if you have been chasing one you entire high school career, but don't get satisfied with it...because you will regret that one time in the playoff's you come out flat, and when you come out flat in the playoffs, espicially after the first round, its over...forever...nothing is like high school ball...and the Soc is a great experience, but nothing is like playoff's and living to fight another day

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Bleeding Red wrote:
Cameron34Crazie34 wrote:

Exactly! But as a Minford guy, I will say that last year's West team was really good. Very good balance and a line that was dominating. If Pendleton would have been a year older last year, they would have made a run at THE title.

Too hard to compare teams that dont play head to head.

I agree with you completely...also if big #52 made up his mind to dominate...it would of been a different story...personally I think the 2007 Minford team was the best I ever seen besides the 2000 one...the 2007 team was very underrated

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

I agree! They just got stuck in a rough situation that year with Waverly being arguably the best they ever had been(in recent memory) and burg being very good(they barely beat minford that year 15-7 I think). They weren't the most athletic team imo but they played great team football together.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

GO SOC!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

LETS GO MINFORD MIGHTY FALCONS, GET R DONE.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

You could compare every champion to previous years, it gets you nowhere...Personally I'm biased toward the 08 West team, I think they are top 3 ever at West and the best teams to come through since the 02 West team and 04 Burg team...but they didn't reflect this in the playoff's so I could be wrong...I think this Minford team is very very good...they have a good stable of running backs, a great defense, and probably the best quarterback to ever come through the school, I would love to see them play in canton, but let me say something to Minford players, its easy to get satisfied just with an Soc, espicially if you have been chasing one you entire high school career, but don't get satisfied with it...because you will regret that one time in the playoff's you come out flat, and when you come out flat in the playoffs, espicially after the first round, its over...forever...nothing is like high school ball...and the Soc is a great experience, but nothing is like playoff's and living to fight another day

Very Classy post Sider !
We can`t be thinking about next week !!
Right now it`s Ridgewood!!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Good luck to the Falcons. Show'em how SOC football is played.

MinnyAckMack10
Freshman Team

Post by MinnyAckMack10 »

Ahhh... friday night lights IN Muletown during week 11. not to stir the pot, but FALCONITES have been calling this one year in and year out for the past 3 years. I love it. I feel that the SOC is starting to get back to powerhouse form where nearly every team could be the other. I don't know much about Ridgewood but they better bring the brown bag with 'em. Pretty curvy on Lucasville-Minford Rd... Minford Wins 20-14 GOOD LUCK FALCONS!!!

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

mikenmike wrote:I agree! They just got stuck in a rough situation that year with Waverly being arguably the best they ever had been(in recent memory) and burg being very good(they barely beat minford that year 15-7 I think). They weren't the most athletic team imo but they played great team football together.

Minford was just big and physical that year...that didn't have much speed, but man they could run that trapping game as good as any I've seen...they got beat 30-2 by Waverly that year, they played them tough for the first portion of the game then things got out of hand, they couldn't defend the spread...they almost beat a very very good Burg team, Burg was just too athletic for them...

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

sider wrote:
mikenmike wrote:I agree! They just got stuck in a rough situation that year with Waverly being arguably the best they ever had been(in recent memory) and burg being very good(they barely beat minford that year 15-7 I think). They weren't the most athletic team imo but they played great team football together.

Minford was just big and physical that year...that didn't have much speed, but man they could run that trapping game as good as any I've seen...they got beat 30-2 by Waverly that year, they played them tough for the first portion of the game then things got out of hand, they couldn't defend the spread...they almost beat a very very good Burg team, Burg was just too athletic for them...

Who gives a CRAP!! HAHA, Minford must TACKLE like they did vs Burg this year. Best tackling team I have seen in a long time for a big game. Burg got their yards but Minford didnt let it get to the BIG PLAY but once.

One other thing I noticed about RW is they spread the oline gaps. Interesting to see how Minford attacks that and the RW offense looks really slow to develope. Burg, West, and CG offense were very quick comparatively and I think that helps the falcon D. Then again, you dont want to penetrate so fast you blow right by the play. Minfords smaller dline may be a huge problem for RW.

The Malvern game is what scares me most about RW. Malvern destroyed RW last year and RW beat them this year with a last play 2 point conversion deniala attempt by Malvern (sound familiar). Malvern had most players back from what I remember. Johnson for sure. Could be wrong though. Too much info the last 2 weeks!

Anywho, good luck to the Falcons!! Get an SOC win!! Keep the streak going against the Generals!

89Falcon
Waterboy

Post by 89Falcon »

minford defends the run very well probably better than any other team in the soc ... i look for our defense to slow down Mr. everything and i have a feeling him and #27 #7 #15 are going to be seeing alot of each other :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 ... also believe that playing at home will be a huge factor in a minford win

Minford 28
Ridgewood 14

Return to “Football”