All State

Re: D4 - Region 15: (#6) Zane Trace at (#3) Heath

Post by pbuck »

I've got Heath in the one

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I want Z.T. but see Heath taking this one.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Want to see ZT win this, but I just don't think they have enough to beat heath.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Heath plays in the Mid State Ohio which is a good football conference. Licking Valley, Newark Catholic, Columbus Academy and Granville went 9-1 this year.

Heath is a ground attack team from what I read. Their best back, who had 27 TD's in the first seven games, has been out. He was cleared to play last Friday, but they still held him out for the playoffs.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

HEATH

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

IF what Bozo is posting is correct about heath being a ground team then ZT has a way better chance than I thought. it's not the run game that hurts ZT they are pretty good at stoppping the run, it is the pass game they have trouble with.

I have been back and forth with game for the pick em, guess I got to put more thought into it.

cavalierfan95
Freshman Team

Post by cavalierfan95 »

GO ZT!!!REPRESENT ROSS COUNTY AND THE SVC!!!

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Does anyone know was there any injuries for ZT for when they played like AC and/or LE?

Also were there any injuries for like when the played Piketon and Westfall?

I know that ZT has the talent on the field to win this, as I said earlier in the season that the WF/ZT game could have went either way. I am just trying to get a better Idea on how ZT performs overall.

I am not looking for Biased opinions just saying ZT will win but an honest opion in their overall performance this year.

catfan4ever
Waterboy

Post by catfan4ever »

mstangmom wrote:IF what Bozo is posting is correct about heath being a ground team then ZT has a way better chance than I thought. it's not the run game that hurts ZT they are pretty good at stoppping the run, it is the pass game they have trouble with.

I have been back and forth with game for the pick em, guess I got to put more thought into it.

First, first time on this site, usually on the huddle but a ZT poster states that more ZT fans would be on this site and would like to get a fresh perspective.
First, Heath with a healthy "Bookie" Gresham is a "run" first team, They have rarily had the opportunity or the need to throw the ball with him in the game. Heath is always loaded with exceptionally fast players at the skill positions and Gresham may be the fastest. The Bulldogs had a problem in that that they were scoring too fast and had their defense on the field too long ....being worn down. Sometimes you'd like to see a nice long drive to take time off the board and giving the defense a rest.
Heath's defense is not big and if ZT has a big back ....that can spell problems for Heath. They run mostly a 3-5 with one of the safety's playing up for run support. If ZT has any kind of passing game... the pass will be there. If the running game is working the deep pass will be there with that safety biting on the run.
Heath's stats are : (courtesy of buckeye dan)
Gresham (TB) 1728 yds on 167 carries (10.3 ypc), 25 TD's .. 7 receptions for 158 yds (22.6 ypr) and 3 TD's. Missed the last 2 1/2 games due to injury.
Scott (FB) 1179 yds on 137 carries (8.6 ypc), 14 TD's ... 9 receptions for 124 yds (13.8 ypr) and 1 TD.
Benner (QB) 44/89 passing with 722 yds 8TD's, 4 INT's ... 430 yds on 68 carries (6.3 ypc) and 3 TD's.
Freshman Donyelle Simpson filled in for Gresham the last 2 1/2 games and had 378 yds on 47 (8.0 ypc) carries and 6 TD's.

Heath averages 40.2 ppg and gives up 18.2 ppg. As you see, Heath can score ....and they can be scored upon. A healthy Gresham makes a huge difference. Heath and ZT do have a recent history in that ZT traveled to Heath to open the '05 season and Heath won a close matchup. ZT got the last laugh that season by grabbing the 8th and final playoff spot leaving an 8-2 Heath team home on week 11.
I want to wrap this up by commenting a great site. If any ZT fans want to get into conversation with Heath fans go to jjhuddle or http://www.lcsports.com. Travel safely and hoping all the players stay healthy.

BuckeyeGuy38
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckeyeGuy38 »

Does anyone know was there any injuries for ZT for when they played like AC and/or LE?

Also were there any injuries for like when the played Piketon and Westfall?

I know that ZT has the talent on the field to win this, as I said earlier in the season that the WF/ZT game could have went either way. I am just trying to get a better Idea on how ZT performs overall.

I am not looking for Biased opinions just saying ZT will win but an honest opion in their overall performance this year.

injuries for the Ac and Le games were Ben Jones #44 he was out for the first 3 games and seen very little playing time in week 4. Other than that Haynes went out in the 3rd of the Le game and didnt return. Other than that i cant think of any Zt has stayed away from the Injury bug this year pretty good.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'M A HOPIN ZT WINS THIS ONE. :-D

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

BuckeyeGuy38 , thank you very much for that info.
One more question, now IF i remember correctly #44 was the one guy who, besides the QB that ran the ball against westfall? If that is the case then that explains the huge lose to AC.

BuckeyeGuy38
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckeyeGuy38 »

mstangmom:
Yes he ran the ball against you guys.
and ben not being in there against AC didnt help us we came out flat and played our worst game all year all that combined made a embarrassing lose for us.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

buckeyeguy, thanks for the info it really helps. Knowing that makes a difference in ZT's performance 44 was all over the place against us. between him, maxwell, and the awesome kicker you guys have I am going with ZT in this game.

HeathDogsFan
Waterboy

Post by HeathDogsFan »

ZT may be good at stopping the run, but I don't think they've seen a running game like Heath has. They have 3 guys who can go the distance at any given time, hence their 3000 yard rushing season. The feature back had over 1700 yards and didn't even play the last 2 and half games. He is a very fast, elusive back. The other players compliment him well, and the offensive line is probably the best in Heath history.

The defense can be suspect at times, but a lot of their struggles have come at the hands of being on the field too long (due to the offense scoring too quick).

Has ZT's game changed since the last time they came to Heath? ZT fans should be familiar with the area from the last trip. The atmosphere at Swank Field should be electric, as it is the only game going on in the county that night.

Here's to an injury free, fun playoff game between two great schools. Good luck!

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

ln 2005, the offensive coordinator now was the Head Coach and the defensive coordinator then is now the Head Coach.

Do you follow? :lol:

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

I just hope they don't disappoint Bozo, I am probably the only one who picked them to win in the playoff
pick em :122245 :122245

I know Maxwell and #44 will run the ball hard, and that kicker will keep them scratching their heads when he puts it in the end zone every kick off.

Heres hoping the SVC stays alive in the playoffs

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Heath, as much as I do not like them is a solid team with a really good back who is as fast as any I have watched this season. Gresham.

Another really good player for them is Nelson Scott he might be the most underrated player in Licking County.

Cole Benner the QB is fast and a much, much better passer than he is given credit for.

The only way I see Heath losing this one is if Z. T. Can be as physical as a team like Amanda or Ironton.
Last edited by LICKING COUNTY FAN on Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

NCF I think this ZT team might surprise you, IF they were missing #44 when they played AC it explains alot when they played.
I am not one to say one person makes a difference, but in this case I will. not saying he is thier weapon at all but ZT this year plays like a TEAM and it's almost like a puzzle if you got one piece missing it's just not complete.
As long as ZT is healthy and complete I see them playing in the second round.

Return to “Football”