D4 - Region 15: (#6) Zane Trace at (#3) Heath

Who advances?

Total votes: 0

HeathDogsFan
Waterboy

Re: D4 - Region 15: (#6) Zane Trace at (#3) Heath

Post by HeathDogsFan »

Back to the Heath-ZT game... it was basically total domination by Heath in all aspects (except maybe the kicking game). Heath did whatever they wanted to on offense, and they didn't let ZT get into scoring range too often. ZT was not a very good team, and it showed. Also, I was almost disgusted at the way SOME of the ZT players and fans carried themselves... So many personal fouls. I believe ZT had 3 or 4 in the first half and by the second half things just got ugly. A ZT player ripped the helmet off of a Heath player on the ground causing the Heath player to be examined for neck injury by the training staff. I'm not sure if the player was ejected or not, but he could be seen later on, wimpering on the sidelines and throwing his helmet around. Total lack of class.

I know Heath probably did their fair share of trash talking (who doesn't?), but it seemed to me like ZT took it too far tonight, and the team really did not shine a good light on their community. It seemed to only get worse as the games score got more out of hand.

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

Heath runs a Pro I not a power I.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

catfan4ever wrote:
caglewis wrote:On my map Heath looks to be just southwest of Newark. Any guesses about the neutral site location choice? Lancaster? Grove City? Chillicothe?

I know that when LV played Ironton about 9 yrs ago the game was played in Lancaster.

A lot has changed over the years. The games they used to have @ Groveport, Lancaster, Athens Rutter etc. have slowly been moved to venues such as O.U. , Logan and Jackson because they are newer fields with a synthetic turf of different types vice grass. This is good for the SEO schools because for years the "neutral sites" weren't anywhere near the geographical distance between the two participating schools. I for one am glad this is changing. :-D

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

HeathDogsFan wrote:Back to the Heath-ZT game... it was basically total domination by Heath in all aspects (except maybe the kicking game). Heath did whatever they wanted to on offense, and they didn't let ZT get into scoring range too often. ZT was not a very good team, and it showed. Also, I was almost disgusted at the way SOME of the ZT players and fans carried themselves... So many personal fouls. I believe ZT had 3 or 4 in the first half and by the second half things just got ugly. A ZT player ripped the helmet off of a Heath player on the ground causing the Heath player to be examined for neck injury by the training staff. I'm not sure if the player was ejected or not, but he could be seen later on, wimpering on the sidelines and throwing his helmet around. Total lack of class.

I know Heath probably did their fair share of trash talking (who doesn't?), but it seemed to me like ZT took it too far tonight, and the team really did not shine a good light on their community. It seemed to only get worse as the games score got more out of hand.

Congrats heath on the win, you honestly deserve it. However Heath was not innocent of the trash talk. One Example a Heath coach says to a ZT player "go the F%$# back to where you came from". Glass houses..... Anyway good luck next week.

HeathDogsFan
Waterboy

Post by HeathDogsFan »

justthefacts wrote:
HeathDogsFan wrote:Back to the Heath-ZT game... it was basically total domination by Heath in all aspects (except maybe the kicking game). Heath did whatever they wanted to on offense, and they didn't let ZT get into scoring range too often. ZT was not a very good team, and it showed. Also, I was almost disgusted at the way SOME of the ZT players and fans carried themselves... So many personal fouls. I believe ZT had 3 or 4 in the first half and by the second half things just got ugly. A ZT player ripped the helmet off of a Heath player on the ground causing the Heath player to be examined for neck injury by the training staff. I'm not sure if the player was ejected or not, but he could be seen later on, wimpering on the sidelines and throwing his helmet around. Total lack of class.

Congrats heath on the win, you honestly deserve it. However Heath was not innocent of the trash talk. One Example a Heath coach says to a ZT player "go the F%$# back to where you came from". Glass houses..... Anyway good luck next week.

Maybe it was the player who was wailing on out player right near our sideline?.... and if you read my post I claimed that Heath probably did trash talk. But Heath didn't resort to the measures that ZT did.

catfan4ever
Waterboy

Post by catfan4ever »

Yes...OHSAA seems to pick sites that have synthetic turf. The neutral location does not mean the central location. Last season Licking Valley played Dover ....in New Philly ....and Valley was the higher ranking team. I think that Logan might be a great spot ...but who knows what OHSAA thinks.

Thee DOGS
Waterboy

Post by Thee DOGS »

Not even a close contest. Only aspect ZT won was the number of classless personal fouls they commited. But I guess this should come as no suprise to ZT as Heath has dominated you in any and all sports in recent memory. Take your trash back to the ghetto!

BuckeyeGuy38
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckeyeGuy38 »

Wow what a joke of a game last night. Heath did beat us yes as they deserved, the zebras deffinetly made sure that everything was going to go Heath's way. Heath fans i read on licking county sports that you think that our team needs to show class and sportmanship...you also need to teach your players the same thing. Everyone of your Heath kids except a select few mouthed from the moment the first whistle blew of course it looks bad on us(ZT) because we got called for more personal fouls in which mostly was started by your players. Your coaching staff are maybe the worst. calling myself and #44 dumb mother f'ers when we tackled a kid on your sideline. Heath fans have fun playing Ironton this week probably will be your last game.

Thee DOGS
Waterboy

Post by Thee DOGS »

Joke of a game is absolutely correct. ZT would have lost to the Heath second team.

Let me set the story straight. The bad sportsmanship began with ZT fans booing during the Heath band playing of the school alma mater prior to the game. If that is not classless I don't know what is. The DOGS took care of business on the field.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

If heath comes in talking and acting trashy...vs. Ironton...Ironton won't play into it...Ironton has one of the classiest coaching staffs I have ever seen and the kids this year are a great group...they listen well...they do good in school...and they know they would be pulled out of the game no matter how good they are or position if they ever did anything of the sort....The coaching staff has had an easy time coaching these kids this year...mainly because the kids are respectable...and just good kids.....They know that if you trash talk them...that their job is to take it out on the field...and they will put a hurtin on anyone who does...

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

Nobody booed during the alma mater. That is a fact. The ZT sideline sat down. With every post, three dogs proves my point concerning heath. I am not excusing the actions of any player on the field. However a coaching staff should never be excused. I am not going to get caught up in a post fight. My point Heath was jabbering and trash talking right from the start.

Thee DOGS
Waterboy

Post by Thee DOGS »

Tigers90 - Believe me Heath is not the type of trash-talking, dirty play team that is being advertised by some posters here. Our boys are sound young men who got caught up in some garbage play with ZT. That is not our style nor is it tolerated in our system. We look forward to playing a storied program such as Ironton in week 12.

HeathDogsFan
Waterboy

Post by HeathDogsFan »

Talk is talk. Heath talked trash. ZT talked trash. But the thing is, ZT took it one step further with the classless plays TRYING to hurt our players after the whistles were blown. A player who was called for a personal foul came skipping off the field waving his arms for the ZT fans to stand up... and you know what? They did.

The facts are that it is over, and Heath dominated. Time to move onto Ironton, where we will have to play mistake free ball just to stay with them.

BuckeyeGuy38
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckeyeGuy38 »

Thee Dogs- For you to say that Heath is a non trashtalking team is obsurd stop living in lala land and come back to earth. I love how all you heath fans are so quick to defend your boys and say they didnt do anything and to say it is our faults. Do you not remember all the late hits Heath had o wait a minute the ref's didnt seem to see all of those. Or how about #21 or #51 taunting us pointing towards the scoreboard. Or when our QB obviously got hit late and then laid on the ground in pain. Stop living in dream world and realize that all your little kids arent perfect and that they too were throwing cheap shots. as were your coaches yelling profanities at us and telling us to go back to where we came from. The difference is we got caught doing retaliations to what your players started. (sometimes) other times yes i agree that we did things that were inappropriate. But in my opinion i wouldnt change a single thing about last night. The refs were helping heath( not enough to win the game so dont flip out)

But on a good note: Heath GL this week against a good ironton ball club.

Thee DOGS
Waterboy

Post by Thee DOGS »

Your qb did not get hit late he got hit hard! You can watch this for yourself if you have Time Warner digital cable- the unbiased Time Warner commentators even make mention of the hard but legal hit. 21 did deserve a personal foul for roughing the punter and was flagged for it. 51 did deserve a personal foul for the late hit post the long td run and was flagged for it. None of our kids flagrantly pulled off helmets of your players, stepped on heads, delivered late hits out-of-bounds, danced off the field in celebration after being ejected, etc. The refs were making correct calls, however, they did let the kids get out of control. As for the Heath coaches yelling explitives at your players - that is a total fabrication of the facts! So glad to hear that you wouldn't change anything. If you're ok with committing more personal fouls than points then job well done!

BuckeyeGuy38
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckeyeGuy38 »

Fabrigation of the Facts huh? I would of loved to have you right beside us whenever we were called "Dumb mother f'ers who need to go back to where we belong in the Ghetto". Dont think Heath players coaches etc. didnt do anything to provoke us. And as far as the stepping on heads other late hits. Numerous times your linemen threw punches pushed us down when we were trying to get up and everything. To say we were the only ones not showing class is down right insane because both of us did the same things. A matter of fact is we played at your place so it automatically looks worse on the visiting team when things go wrong. The Refs made correct calls huh? I am a Defensive back and when i get tackled by a blocker when i am on defense is the right call? I think someone needs a reality check. Have fun against this ironton team anyway.

Lamont Cranston
Freshman Team

Post by Lamont Cranston »

Probably best to let it go BuckeyeGuy... talked to a high school football official who was there friday night (just watching as an impartial observer), said the conduct by ZT in the 3rd qtr was some of the worst he'd seen in his 25+ years of officiating.

Return to “Football”