D2 - R7: (2) Logan vs. (3) Brookhaven AT Hamilton Township

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Re: D2 - R7: (2) Logan vs. (3) Brookhaven AT Hamilton Township

Post by dazed&confused »

C'mon Logan. If I can sit in the stands and make the observation after the first series that CW is dropping everyone in Fairfield Co. into coverage, the staff has to see that and order up some draws and middle screens to mess that up early. If Haven is going to blitz, well we've seen that but the coaches up above have to be ready to adapt the game plan early. Defense stays home and takes care of business. Haven will have athletes but Logan should have enough horses to get the job done. AND, they are familiar with this field. PACK THE HOUSE, CHIEF FANS! MAKE SOME NOISE!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Logan wins but this one will be closer!!!!! :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

Hamilton TWP is a smaller venue than I would have liked. It is going to be crowded unless it is rainy, IMO. I think weather is a major factor, but the Chiefs have played well in the rain before.
I agree with the previous statement about the blitz adjustments and the running game.
In any event-GO CHIEFS!!!
And may our band kick a lil arse like they did to Canal's Band Friday night too!
:)

zbd
Freshman Team

Re: (2) Logan vs. Brookhaven (3) @ Gahanna

Post by zbd »

LoganLocos wrote:Brookhaven

Big, Fast, and Physical

And despite "common knowledge" - a disciplined football team with great coaching.

You don't win a state championship without discipline. And the city league gets a bad rap, Brookhaven has a state title, Eastmoor was runner-up a year ago, and Marion-Franklin's win last night proves that.

Logan will need to play their best game of the season.

"Survive and Advance"

I will echo what Locos says. Also I am glad to see Logan fans on here not calling for a blow out. Brookehaven has a nice team Logan dont take them lightlty you will find yourself watching week 13. That what Louisville did and look what happen. Good Luck

4 HORSEMEN
JV Team

Post by 4 HORSEMEN »

Watched Logan Friday night and I was VERY impressed. Patrick Angle is without-a-doubt at the "head of the class" of the QBs in this area.

He does a great job reading the defense, checking down to secondary receivers, and throws a very nice ball. Couple that with his running ability and the kid has a great set of tools to go to the next level.

The fact that Logan has 3 VERY good receivers and not just 1 "go-to-guy" makes them an extremely difficult team to defend. This diversity and Angle's accuracy will be key if Logan is to beat Brookhaven.

I did not see Brookhaven's varsity, but I did watch their Freshman and JV teams. They have some very nice athletes, but they did not seem to handle adversity very well. The key is to get up on them early. If Logan can put up a couple quick scores, they can turn this into a one-sided competition. If however, Brookhaven can stay in the game early, their athletes will gain confidence and can be a difficult match for any team.

If Logan starts well, I think they can cause some discouragement and walk away with a two score victory..... If not, it will be a lot closer.

Good Luck Chieftains...... I'll be rooting for you ;-)

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

Something to think about:
Not only is the RB decent, but...
(video)
http://www.10tv.com/live/content/sports ... ml?sid=102

tigerdad
JV Team

Post by tigerdad »

Enjoyed watching the C.W. game on t.v. Go logan beat Brookhaven

wowhesfast
Freshman Team

Post by wowhesfast »

Derrick Bryant and the Brookhaven pass rush is the only reason I am not taking the Logan O line as the week 11 player(s) of the week. When you have a game when the defense hardly ever sends more than four guys, there isn't supposed to be sacks. If they can do the same thing this week, we should rename the school after them. Brookhaven should bring at least five every time, they don't want to get picked apart like CW. The Logan tackles better have the games of their lives if Bryant is going to have any less than 2 sacks.

The routes Patrick Angle and Coach Wolfe are going to go with are going to be short and across the middle. I'd look for the slant a lot, as it is best when thrown to a spot where a LB has evacuated. The Logan speed guys, especially Mason Mays aren't going to be able to get away with the slow developing jukes and moves that worked during the season-from this point on, there's simply to much backside speed, they need to make a cut and get up field if they want to have big YAC games.

Logan must go up early by holding the Brookhaven running backs to short yardage, make them beat you on the arm of their rook quarterback late. Throw the whole route tree, but concentrate on the short stuff, that should allow the O to get early scores. Logan needs to be up by fourteen by the middle of the second before i'll be able to catch my breathe.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

whats week twelves haven's line have to do with week elevens logan's line

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

noreply66 wrote:whats week twelves haven's line have to do with week elevens logan's line

They are going to play each other and Logan is going to win despite Brookhavens awesome D-line. :-D

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

grizzlynatural wrote:
noreply66 wrote:whats week twelves haven's line have to do with week elevens logan's line

They are going to play each other and Logan is going to win despite Brookhavens awesome D-line. :-D

Week 12 Haven's line shouldn't have anything to do with Logan's week 11 line being picked for week 11 awards.

wowhesfast
Freshman Team

Post by wowhesfast »

I may have not worded this correctly but; I did not vote for Logan O-line for player of the week on account of they protected there quarterback well in a game where the opposing team rarely brought more than four people. That's not an exemplary performance warranting such accolades. If they do the same thing this week, they most definitely deserve the award, as Brookhaven may bring as many as six or seven on a regular basis, and I believe there front 7 or 8 is all around superior to Canals.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

wowhesfast wrote:I may have not worded this correctly but; I did not vote for Logan O-line for player of the week on account of they protected there quarterback well in a game where the opposing team rarely brought more than four people. That's not an exemplary performance warranting such accolades. If they do the same thing this week, they most definitely deserve the award, as Brookhaven may bring as many as six or seven on a regular basis, and I believe there front 7 or 8 is all around superior to Canals.

Get ready to vote!

wowhesfast
Freshman Team

Post by wowhesfast »

Drew Pasteur, the JJ Huddle odds maker likes Logan by 18 - a surprisingly large margin. :aaaaa41

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

I like Logan if for no other reason than discipline. Logan will not beat themselves.

TheLoganBuckeye
Waterboy

Post by TheLoganBuckeye »

Had to migrate here since the JJ is going pay for play...lol....Lets get it on Chiefs..

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Welcome

buckeye_master
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye_master »

As much as i am pulling for logan i dont see the chiefs comming out with this win and wow i hope im wrong about this one prove me wrong chiefs and bring home a win.... logan 21...brookhaven 34.... come on chiefs prove me wrong i have nothing against yall but this is a tough team there defence is very strong and tough watch the defensive end he is tough and will kill u if u dont block him well..... GO CHIEFS FROM YOUR FRIENDS NELSONVILLE YORK BUCKEYES

buckeye_master
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye_master »

Orange and Brown wrote:Logan wins but this one will be closer!!!!! :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245

BRO IM I HOPE YOUR RIGHT THIS WILL BE A TOUGH TEAM TO PLAY THERE FORREAL

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

buckeye_master wrote:As much as i am pulling for logan i dont see the chiefs comming out with this win and wow i hope im wrong about this one prove me wrong chiefs and bring home a win.... logan 21...brookhaven 34.... come on chiefs prove me wrong i have nothing against yall but this is a tough team there defence is very strong and tough watch the defensive end he is tough and will kill u if u dont block him well..... GO CHIEFS FROM YOUR FRIENDS NELSONVILLE YORK BUCKEYES

buckeye master -

Brookhaven may win the game, but I doubt either team scores 34 points. The Bearcats are only averaging 27 points per game game and Logan is allowing less than 10 per game.

Return to “Football”