D2 - R7: (2) Logan vs. (3) Brookhaven AT Hamilton Township

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Re: D2 - R7: (2) Logan vs. (3) Brookhaven AT Hamilton Township

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Good Luck chiefs... I know Louisville was a concern, but since they lost thier quarterback or full back(about three games back, I cant remember which), this has to be some relief off your shoulders. I do think If you can win against those strong city boys and sustain no injuries. YOU just might have a chance... good luck... I always read up on all the games of interest to me, and their size and speed have me concerned in something that you must match, and not have any injuries or turnovers. A turnover that gives them points will be bad news. Ironton is in the same sitch...goo luck..

green-n-gold76
Waterboy

Post by green-n-gold76 »

Go to the game hungry and be sure to visit the concession stands!! :mrgreen:

PremithiumX
Waterboy

Post by PremithiumX »

gochiefs wrote:yeah i know..i gave you that link so you could look at it lol..i don't live in Logan..so I don't know which of the 3 stations that they mention on the site that is broadcasted in Logan now...106.3, 104.7, 99.3 or all 3 of them?

106.3 and 104.7 are the same station, just on two different frequencies. One comes in better on one side of the county than the other... or, atleast, that's what I've been told.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

In order for the chiefs to win, they will have to find some way to control brookhaven's speed. Speed kills! I am very concerned about there defense pressure on our line. We must control there running game or the chief's will be in for a long night.

Logan 17
The Haven 24

Speedofsand
Varsity

Post by Speedofsand »

weather forecast is good. Chiefs, get a good stretch off the bus. Be warmed up and full speed for kickoff. I think Logan can keep BH def. rush honest with end around, end around fake, repeat. Oline will knock them back. Quick passes in space, Angle will hit the hot WR when they blitz. Logan 31 - Brookhaven 12 . The Chieftains are on a 100 yard warpath to the state championship. One game at a time.

coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

time to start basketball in logan

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Speedofsand wrote:weather forecast is good. Chiefs, get a good stretch off the bus. Be warmed up and full speed for kickoff. I think Logan can keep BH def. rush honest with end around, end around fake, repeat. Oline will knock them back. Quick passes in space, Angle will hit the hot WR when they blitz. Logan 31 - Brookhaven 12 . The Chieftains are on a 100 yard warpath to the state championship. One game at a time.

The Haven has to much speed to run the end around. Quick pass in the flat, must be careful of the havens DB's or slants over the middle, suck them up then hit a 20 to 25 yard down and out. Turnovers will be the key to this game!

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

GO CHIEFS :122245 PAT ''THE ASSASIN'' ANGLE :-D MICHAEL ''THE BEAST'' SNIDER :-D MASON ''ROOK'' MAYS :-D ZAC ''ATTACK'' McDANIELS :-D JORDAN ''SHOWTIME'' RUTTER :-D KOREY ''SHUTDOWN'' SWAIM :-D BROCK ''THE ROCK'' THOMPSON :-D RALPH ''SACKMAN'' ROBINSON :-D BOBBY''BIG TIME'' RUSSELL :-D TIM ''THE ANIMAL'' KING :-D JEFF ''BIG SMURF'' MURPHY :-D TYLER ''THE HURT'' DEMENT :-D TJ ''THE FRIDGE'' McCRAY :-D RYAN ''HANDS'' SIGLER :-D BRANDON ''CRACKER'' GRAHAM :-D DEREK ''BOOTS'' MONTGOMERY :-D take it to them city boys......and then 3 more till state finals....OOPS ...SAID IT AGAIN...... ;-) LOGAN 31 BROOKHAVEN 21........ASSASIN GETS 3 SCORES 8) ALL TO ''ROOK''..... BROOKHAVEN not only team with ''SPEED'' which they find out the hard way....with a LOSS :shock: GO CHIEFS.....DOMINATE.... :shock: :-D :!:

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

gotta force haven to make the cosily mistake and capitalize on them.

ldr
Waterboy

Post by ldr »

The sophmore qb plays like one and will make costly mistake late in the game. Logan will capitalize on this and Angle shows why he is one of the best in the state by driving Logan down the field late in the game. In the end, Montgomery kicks game winning field goal as time expires.

Logan wins 17-14

loganphan
Riding the Bench

Post by loganphan »

I think we might be exaggerating B.havens speed a little bit. are they really that much faster than us?
i think i would take mays athletic ability over any other single individual they'll play all year.
logan is just as athletic as brookhaven ! !
I dont believe anyone has even seen brookhaven play , they just assume they are "THAT" quick/fast !
Logan wins and shows they are the true better team ! !

loganphan
Riding the Bench

Post by loganphan »

im not saying they arent fast
but how could they have "THAT MUCH" more speed than mays mcdaniel rutter graham Angle?
even Mcray russel chandler are all athletic on our d.line !

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

loganphan wrote:im not saying they arent fast
but how could they have "THAT MUCH" more speed than mays mcdaniel rutter graham Angle?
even Mcray russel chandler are all athletic on our d.line !

I hope I eat my words, But these boy's are very fast and have good size to go with there speed. I do not believe we have the overall speed top to bottom that the haven has! If the Chiefs are to win tonight, they must creare turnovers!

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

coachK wrote:time to start basketball in logan

Sorry..but that's still 4 weeks away. ;) *crossing fingers*

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Post by IronTigerMum »

Good luck Logan, represent!

loganphan
Riding the Bench

Post by loganphan »

i think if both teams play their A game, logan wins by 7-14

LJ Clemens
Waterboy

Post by LJ Clemens »

Is township's field right next to their school or at another location?

wowhesfast
Freshman Team

Post by wowhesfast »

When Logan Passes The Ball
Brookhaven may have seen recievers like Logan's and they may have seen a line like Logan's but they have never seen anything like Patrick Angle. The key to this match up is going to be what degree of protection the Logan O-Line can give against the UCLA bound Derrick Bryant and the rest of Brookhaven's stud O-line. There should be some holes for Angle to pass into across the middle with the blitz package Brookhaven's going to be bringing all night. The slant and pass to the flat will be there.
Advantage: Logan

When Logan Runs The Ball
The Chiefs didn't make it to playoffs because of their rushing attack, but I must admit it was very refreshing to see Logan get some big yardage against the big, fast Canal D. Try to get something going with run early, use the draw against the Brookhaven blitz. Just like in the pass game, for Mays and McDaniel to get big yards after stats, they need to make quick cuts, then get up speed. Brookhaven has too much fast coming from backside, and you may get caught from behind if your not careful.
Advantage:Brookhaven

When Brookhaven Runs The Ball
The speed of the chieftain front seven or eight against the speed of the Brookhaven line and blocking backs is where this game should really be decided. If Brookhaven can establish the run early, the won't need to have there soph quarterback make plays, if they can't get it going, it maybe a very long night for the Bearcats. With the speed at the tailback position for Brookhaven, the play of the Logan defensive ends and outside backers is key. They need to make sure that they don't let any speedsters get around them. If Logan can halt the Brookhaven rushing attack before halftime, they will have a very good chance of winning this game.
Advantage: Toss Up

When Brookhaven Passes The Ball
If the Bearcats are throwing anything beyond the flat, their going to have trouble. Logan is now +18 in turnover margin, and the Bearcats threw the ball away a few times in a very sloppy win over Walnut Ridge last week, where the cats had 6 turnovers (the weather was also not a factor). The key for Brookhaven is running the ball, if they have to put it up to much, they will lose.

Special Teams
Logan has not been spectacular in the kicking game, but they are very, very good. I'm not sure where Brookhaven is at in this facet of the game, but they may be very prone to mistakes, especially if they are particularly young, like most squads are, in their special teams. If Logan can prevent the big return play, or a block they should be alright. No more of this stuff where there's guys in the face of our kicker, I hope its been addressed.
Advantage: Toss Up

Coaching
I dare say that there are very few staffs as veterans as Logan's in the state. I don't know what second year Brookhaven coach Anthony Thornton did before he came to the 'cats, but I doubt he has thirty years on his side, like coach Amyx. The Logan assistants are also very good, and over the last few years they have made some fantastic adjustments at halftime and throughout. They can manage the clock well and know what kind of emotion the Logan squad should play with. If last week is any indication, Brookhaven is a very emotional team, and the biggest challenge to the Bearcat staff is whether they can effectively channel there emotion in what will be an up and down game.

Crowd
The way Logan travels, especially to playoffs is second to none.

Weather Report
Warm and dry, should not have an effect on the game.

Logan 24-21.

traffic8484
Freshman Team

Post by traffic8484 »

I was at Brookhaven 2 years ago when they played Groveport in the first round. The home stands were not even half full so unless things have changed I'd say 75% of the crowd or more for Logan.

Speedofsand
Varsity

Post by Speedofsand »

Who wants it more ? LOGAN !

Return to “Football”