Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Speedofsand
Varsity

Re: D2 - R7: (2) Logan vs. (3) Brookhaven AT Hamilton Township

Post by Speedofsand »

Props to Brookhaven.
I hope Angle and Robinson are ok.
Congrats on a great year Logan. Thank you Chiefs !

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Congrats to the Chiefs on a great season.
It has been the MOST keeping track of you guys this season.

Now Lets come back next year and run that League win string up 6 more Ws

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Great season Logan.

green-n-gold76
Waterboy

Post by green-n-gold76 »

That's a shame that Logan's QB was injured. It looked like he was just starting to heat up.

Brookhaven is a talented and a well coached team. I was told that they have two players that are going to major D I colleges..

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

Alright..people that were there..was the officiating REALLY that dang bad?!?!??! What a shame!!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Well I guess it's up to Ironton to carry the flag for SEO as the Burg, Oak Hill, Logan Elm and Logan all went down tonight. I was at the game sitting on the 40 yard line of the visiting side with Trojan Dave. This was a very hard hitting game. There were a lot of penalties but also that second half it seemed that everything was being played between the 35-40 yard lines and turnovers, my goodness. On the td called back the first pass across the field was right on the line of a pass / latteral and could have been called a forward pass it was that close. The linemen had a lot of time to block and from my vantage point the receiver after catching the lateral then stepped back a couple of steps before setting his feet and releasing the ball and those couple seconds is where they called the ineligible receiver downfield. Mr. Mays was a man out there tonight but he can only do so much. All I can say is speed kills and Brookhaven was extremely disciplined. Also, on another note Marion-Franklin won the other semi 36-25 over Olentangy Orange so they will meet Brookhaven in the regional final next week.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

What do you know to city league schools in regional finals...Columbus is sure hard to compete with

PremithiumX
Waterboy

Post by PremithiumX »

gochiefs wrote:Alright..people that were there..was the officiating REALLY that dang bad?!?!??! What a shame!!

The intentional grounding call was a complete crock, Angle was out of the tackle box by atleast four yards. Other than that, there were maybe a couple holds and a block in the back during a punt return from Brookhaven that didn't get called.

I'm still steamin' over that intentional grounding call.

Really, what killed Logan tonight was those two early turnovers... had we not given up the ball to the Bearcats in the redzone the game may have been completely different. C'est la vie.

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

I wasn't there..but from the radio announcers..when Angle got hurt..that was b/c of a late hit..that wasn't even called!!

heavyhitter
Waterboy

Post by heavyhitter »

the havens swag was a little to much for the great program of logan tonight. logan got man handled the score may not have showed it but the haven is forreal city league is tough i feel they have a shot to contend for a title! it doesnt matter how many league titles or perfect seasons logan has they cant slip the hump in the playoffs.. way to go bearcats~ keep on rolling

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Where is 2old ? I would like to hear his analogy of this game as his posts are usually pretty one sided for Logan when they win and dreadful for the fans of the other teams.

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

If that 'swag' was taken Logan's star out of the game..they succeeded. ;) But yeah..when your best player goes out for almost a full half..that's going to affect ANY team. If Angle had stayed healthy..maybe a different outcome..the game was back and forth up until that point..Logan just lost all the wind in their sails after Angle went down.

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

FANOSPORTS wrote:Where is 2old ? I would like to hear his analogy of this game as his posts are usually pretty one sided for Logan when they win and dreadful for the fans of the other teams.

Jesus..give people time to get home. :razz: :mrgreen:

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

gochiefs wrote:I wasn't there..but from the radio announcers..when Angle got hurt..that was b/c of a late hit..that wasn't even called!!

He got dinged up pretty good in the first half also but those defensive ends especially just kept coming all night long and there was no stopping them. The last time he got hit there was quite a pile of humanity together in there when they unpiled so who knows how it happened. It didn't look any different than most of the other plays tonight. Both teams played hard.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

gochiefs wrote:
FANOSPORTS wrote:Where is 2old ? I would like to hear his analogy of this game as his posts are usually pretty one sided for Logan when they win and dreadful for the fans of the other teams.

Jesus..give people time to get home. :razz: :mrgreen:

Sorry :)

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

congrats on a fine season boys.

hope the injuries are not as bad as at first glance.

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

Yeah, Looked like Angle was losing the adrenaline and had settled in. When Logan made it to Brookhaven's 25 he got a late hit and rolled into his knees. I think the same happened to Robinson during a play, but didn't see it. Referees were "seeing" more of Logan's wrong than Brookhaven. One of our D-line were completely spun around with his shirt being stretched by BH's Offensive lineman's death grip. Watch the film....
Actually, Even with the TD being called back other factors put the game out of reach. I.E Losing Angle didn't just cost Logan a QB, it cost them a LB as well. -Nevertheless, The initial series when Logan fumbled on the 20 and Brookhaven Scored set the stage. Too many shots in foot tonight.
I'll tell you what though. Our band was the Champion of the 2 tonight! BH's just stood and uh, Played? And though I didn't respect what our majorettes did before, I now see that others just stand and shake their butt until the last song before moving an inch. We have nothing to be ashamed of.
Although I think Logan looked like the better team tonight, they didn't cheap shot the QB and lost fair and square. :) The bottom line is, they got into the endzone less. Even if the Refs and other factors played a role. hehe
Enough sarcasm... I hated to see it end like this, but Good luck to the seniors and good luck next year.
Last, a question: "If Jurgensm. is the backup qb, then why did we use a DB/reciever/RB (whatever) as QB and to make matters worse- then give him a weaker target than the starting QB would have had? Is he only used in games as a 2nd because he (Jurgie) was considered "expendable"?"
Isn't he gonna be a starter next year? In the NEXT Logan game? ?
I wonder more, but I'm tired.
Go Chiefs!!!

I Bleed Purple
Waterboy

Post by I Bleed Purple »

Unfortunately, I have the same feeling after this game that I did after the Tri-Valley game two years ago. We had a team tonight that was just as talented as the team across the field, but yet in the end, coaching is what lost us the game. Between the momentum-killing delays in delivering the play to the huddle, to the actual play-calling itself, I just hafta say that the Logan coaches didn't bring their 'A' game tonight. Losing the game hurts, but what absolutely kills me is when the coaches don't put the team in the best situation to win, because the kids deserve better than that.

As for Brookhaven, they were fast, they were athletic, and they were very hungry. Congrats, and good luck the rest of the way.

Chieftains - congrats on another great season, nothing to be ashamed of, so hold your heads high! To the seniors - it's been an absolute pleasure watching you play the past three years!

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Just got back home. Haven was VERY quick and hard-hitting. DE Bryant I hear is headed to UCLA, left tackle for Logan did a nice job with him tonite, except on a few busted plays. Also, nice recievers for Haven. Game was definitely worth the drive up, though the OHSAA, dropped the ball on selecting this site. One permanent restroom on the south end and 2 porta-potties on the north? Ridiculous, had to spend the whole halftime and part of 3rd quarter waiting to use restroom. You can do better, I would think.
Nice season for the Chiefs.

mab64
Waterboy

Post by mab64 »

It is hard to win a game when you are playing the refs also. And then you lose the heart (Angle) of your team its hard to come back from that.I was sittting right there on the so called illegal forward pass and it was crap,he stepped back at least 2 yards before he threw the ball.Its terrible to let the refs decide the game .Great year Chiefs nothing to be ashamed about.

Return to “Football”