D2 - R7: (2) Logan vs. (3) Brookhaven AT Hamilton Township

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Pol pot
SE

Re: D2 - R7: (2) Logan vs. (3) Brookhaven AT Hamilton Township

Post by Pol pot »

Well if you call Ironton Southeastern Ohio, I think you need a little geography lesson. Last time I checked Ironton is pretty musch Southern Ohio.

As for you Logan fans all year long it's your the greatest, give no one else any credit, it gets old listening to you bicker with others.

As for officials, some are showing your ignorance of the rules, as you are whining about calls that were correct. The grounding was grounding! The Illegal Forward pass was an illegal forward pass. But because you watch football on Sunday's you know the rules.

What is Logan's play-off record?

nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

This game should be on Time Warner on demand. I have to watch the game after all of the after game posting.

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

No ONE factor IMO caused the loss, but I am angered as much by the "No-Calls" as the questionable calls. A Logan Receiver was in the Direction of the pass, however, the pass was "Misdirected as a result of the tackle." It is the discretion of the referee, which was influenced by the coach being directly ON the field complaining about it. Logan was given sideline warnings, not Brookhaven? (Just one example)
Coaching...Logan, Excellent coaches! Just not perfect. Bad night.
On The Huddl (now a pay site), someone WARNED Logan to bring an extra QB! Coupled with that, the hit was pretty late. The pass was long gone and Mr. A was already well through any play action or passing action-WAY beyond..-
Just seems like a bad night all around, and destiny wasn't on Logan's side.
Check the video, Plenty of Chieftain Defender's shirts look like they are "growing" right with Brookhaven's hands. Hehe.
Would it have been a different game if Angle had stayed? YES. The Injury was on the FIRST possession of the 3rd. Logan was on a long drive which stalled instantly after the injury. The field goal would have been a TD! They had found the rhythm in the 2nd, and were again making it look easy! Logan's defense held for 18 (BH's time of possession) of the last 24 min only giving 1 TD. Logan's offense would definitely have kept the ball longer than 6 min. with Angle in. Thus the last TD at the end of the 4th would prob. not have happened. Logan almost definitely would have scored FG's or TD's on the Fumbles of BH after Angle was out instead of going backwards.
Last, I didn't look, but the newspaper said the ball was on the BH 17 when Pat was hurt. The Newspaper shows the 2nd passer's foot (front) on the 29. So, did the ball go back 13 or More yards before the 1st pass?
Lot's of questions, but it's a good season. Good luck Chiefs! There are over 600 other OHIO schools out there that would have been happier if they could have made it as far as you did!
Nice watching you guys, and it's a season that will be talked about for Years!

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

Pol Pot wrote:As for you Logan fans all year long it's your the greatest, give no one else any credit, it gets old listening to you bicker with others.

That's where your wrong..your hatred for Logan is blinding you. Sure..a couple posters have been like that. But most have still given there props to every team they have played after every game. Nobody has once said Logan is the greatest..still waiting for you to show me that. Posts like yours have been are the reason Logan fans 'bicker' with others on here. You say something negative and you expect the fans of that school just to sit back idle and watch? Yeah..not gonna happen.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

GRRRRReat season Logan... What a horrendous nightmare to have these injuries happen. Seems to have been fairly balanced until the injury. Could have been a sloberknocker... the divisions are just loaded... It will be tough for any of us to come out of the south and take the whole thing.. a lot of luck for ironton is needed, and they cannot turn it over like against ashland... If they stay healthy and hold onto the ball, they will represent the seo well...

riverball
JV Team

Post by riverball »

Thought for sure Logan would win the State Championship this year.

datchillicav
JV Team

Post by datchillicav »

Being a chilli fan, I was rooting for the SEOAL. Having played Brookhaven every year up untill this year I am not suprised by the outcome(nor would I have been suprised if Logan won). The Haven is always a TALENTED team and sometimes a disciplined team. When they are disciplined, the talent produces great things. Logan had a season to be proud of. It could have gone farther and ended better but there is nothing to hang your heads about. 10-0 cannot be taken away. Does anyone know the extent of Angle's injury? Will it effect him for basketball?

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

green-n-gold76 wrote:Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no "outside the tackle box" rule in high school football. Grounding is grounding...

I'm almost certain that there were two forward passes on the TD that was called back...could be wrong. I wanted Logan to win, but I didn't find the officiating to be all that bad.

If Angle plays the entire game, I think Logan would have won..but woulda, shoulda, coulda's can make you go insane.

I thought the game was officiated VERY well. The officials were consistent no matter who had the football, and both penalties that hurt Logan (the Intentional Grounding and illegal forward pass) were the right calls.

There is NO outside the tacklebox rule in high school. Therefore, Pat's pass at the end of the first half WAS grounding.

Also, you can not throw two FORWARD passes on one play. So although McDaniel stepped back after his catch, the throw TO him was forward, making the second pass illegal.

Were there some "holds" not called at times? Absolutely. But that's true EVERY game. Teams need to make adjustments based on how the game is officiated. Brookhaven made adjustments, Logan should have also.

Once Angle went out of the game, Logan had no answer against a defense as quick as Brookhaven. You cannot prepare a QB to make his first start against a defense like that, especially without a week to prepare.

Look at the Buckeye game yesterday. What a difference a week can make for a young quarterback. The Hawkeyes were much better off with a QB that had a week to prepare than when he came off the bench due to injury.

Brookhaven made the two "big plays" in the game, 1 on both sides of the ball and Logan made too many mistakes to beat a very good football team.

I wish that Logan could have had Pat for the final quarter and a half, I think the game would have been different. THat doesn't mean Logan would have won, but I do think Brookhaven would have had to score another TD to win.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Man, I still have a tough time posting about this game. We lost and Haven played the better game. But a lot of kids for Logan LEFT IT ALL on the field and in the end, that's all you can ask. Had some fans making an a** of themselves on our side in discrediting the coaching. Funny, I have been to EVERY Logan game and never heard from you guys 'til now. For those critics who think they know more football than Vince Lombardi, spare me. I don't know very many teams that could've beaten Brookhaven the way they played Friday night. As for the team and the seniors, all I can say is thank you and well done.

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

well the reason why fans were complaining about the coaching was probably the play calling...they ran the same plays the whole time the reason why they werent complaining earlier in the season is because the same plays worked against weaker teams....and why run the wildcat when the other team knows whats going to happen...why run power I formation three straight times two were runs and then the whole stadium knew what was going to happen the third time.

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

And..this is probably the first game a lot of them actually watched instead of just sitting there talking to everyone around them!

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

^^^^^^very true. home game fan support was pathetic this year. it takes more than just showing up. make some noise.

green-n-gold76
Waterboy

Post by green-n-gold76 »

I had to stand by the fence near the east end zone (as luck would have it that is where most of the big plays occurred) because the stands were so crowded and I wouldn't have felt right taking a seat from a fan of one of the schools.

I had to move away from a couple of Logan fans because of their bitching about the coach and the play calling. Of course plays are going to work better against weaker teams... :roll: ...and of course ANY play is going to be more difficult to execute against more talented defenses.

Every game that I watch at every level ends with the losing team's fans griping about the play calling. The common misconception seems to be that if a coach makes the proper play calls, their team should be able to score at will....no matter how good the team they are playing is.

Friday night I saw a Brookhaven defense that gave the QB little time to think, gave the receivers very little separation, closed holes quickly, and made up for any mistakes in their assignments with incredible closing speed. That can make any play calling look bad.

By the way, I felt bad for saying if Angle didn't get hurt, Logan would have won. I don't know that and I don't want to take away from the team or his back-up's effort. They all played hard until the end. I just think that with his speed, experience, and athletic ability Angle would have given the team that extra split second that they needed on a lot of plays. It did appear that he was just starting to get into a groove when he was injured... He seems like one of those guys that you see from time to time that just always finds a way to win.
Last edited by green-n-gold76 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

First -- congrats to the Chiefs on another outstanding season. Another SEOAL title, an unbeaten regular season, high state ranking, winning a playoffs game and putting the team in a position to have gone farther if everything had worked out .

Second -- no sour grapes here. It is , after all, only a game. I was disappointed , but had pointed out PRE-GAME ,that Brookhaven was going to come after Angle as he had no pressure virtually the entire season and could simply set back there and pick teams apart. Good game plan on their part. Would it have made a difference had Angle not been injured & played the whole game?? Maybe.

No matter. Great season and I look forward to the Chiefs RELOADING again next year, winning another title and going to the playoffs. Its now the off-season and in time, back to work to prepare for another season.

Thanks for the ride, Chiefs !!

tigerdad
JV Team

Post by tigerdad »

Great season chief's. Lots of talent on that logan team. Keep your heads up and focus on next year.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

riverball wrote:Thought for sure Logan would win the State Championship this year.

thought rodney dangerfield passed away........

zbd
Freshman Team

Post by zbd »

LoganLocos wrote:
green-n-gold76 wrote:Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no "outside the tackle box" rule in high school football. Grounding is grounding...

I'm almost certain that there were two forward passes on the TD that was called back...could be wrong. I wanted Logan to win, but I didn't find the officiating to be all that bad.

If Angle plays the entire game, I think Logan would have won..but woulda, shoulda, coulda's can make you go insane.

I thought the game was officiated VERY well. The officials were consistent no matter who had the football, and both penalties that hurt Logan (the Intentional Grounding and illegal forward pass) were the right calls.

There is NO outside the tacklebox rule in high school. Therefore, Pat's pass at the end of the first half WAS grounding.

Also, you can not throw two FORWARD passes on one play. So although McDaniel stepped back after his catch, the throw TO him was forward, making the second pass illegal.

Were there some "holds" not called at times? Absolutely. But that's true EVERY game. Teams need to make adjustments based on how the game is officiated. Brookhaven made adjustments, Logan should have also.

Once Angle went out of the game, Logan had no answer against a defense as quick as Brookhaven. You cannot prepare a QB to make his first start against a defense like that, especially without a week to prepare.

Look at the Buckeye game yesterday. What a difference a week can make for a young quarterback. The Hawkeyes were much better off with a QB that had a week to prepare than when he came off the bench due to injury.

Brookhaven made the two "big plays" in the game, 1 on both sides of the ball and Logan made too many mistakes to beat a very good football team.

I wish that Logan could have had Pat for the final quarter and a half, I think the game would have been different. THat doesn't mean Logan would have won, but I do think Brookhaven would have had to score another TD to win.

I agree with Locos

Great season for Logan hate to see that Pat got hurt wish he could have finished the game. Teams sometimes have a bad game this was Logans that sucks. Being Zville fan I know what it like to play a bad game Zville made mistakes when they played Logan and Logan won. Logan made mistakes and Brookehaven won the game it is that simple and the injury to Angle was huge. The team that did not make mistakes won. Logan was not more talented then Brookehaven that is why it came down which team played better. Still Great season for Logan.

dave
Riding the Bench

Post by dave »

As I said after the I-town game.

"Logan will not win state"

The one thing ppl like 2old, griz and gocheifs need to remember is Logan is good for what they are and what they are is a big fish in a small pond.

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

gochiefs needs to remember that? Please show me where I've said anything about Logan winning a State Championship or anything this year? I'll be waiting. I support my team through thick and thin..I knew Logan would have a great season..that's as far as I went with it..you never heard me make any outrageous predictions. Try again.

SSReaper
Waterboy

Post by SSReaper »

Hey "Dave" how about you shove your negative comment about Logan where the sun don't shine. Your statement has been heard and addressed to many times to count. It is beyond old to say Logan is a big fish in a small pond and blah blah blah. So you "called" the outcome for Logan after the I-town game eh? Well good for you. Does that make you feel better about whatever team you root for and thier lack of success? Do u compensate on a personal level for u by re- hashing old beaten down statements? Lord almighty. Get off your hatred of Logan. If u have nothing positive to say then shut up already. Logan played a great game and has nothing to be ashamed of. The haven came prepared and made the plays when it counted. That's football. Any given nite any time can win. Going off ur logic I guess Louisville is just a big fish in a small pond to then eh? They must not be any good either. Go Logan! Can't wait for next season!

Return to “Football”