R19: 5) Wheelersburg vs. 1) Fredericktown@ Nelsonville York

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

buckwheat
Riding the Bench

Re: R19: 5) Wheelersburg vs. 1) Fredericktown@ Nelsonville York

Post by buckwheat »

All I can say about the game is MERRY CHRISTMAS Fredericktown!!
Ridgewood has a cake walk next week.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

was the QB sneak still stuck in the back of the minds of the burg? after MINFORD stuffed it to win that game..

buckeye83
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeye83 »

For those who was asking about the stadium, seating and facilities. I think its crazy to charge $ 2.00 to park $ 9.00 admission, just to have no place to sit. Then you cant see from the fence because of the poeple with certain passes are standing in the endzones and around the sidelines, I'm sure they were locals. Then the restrooms ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!
You have to wait 30 minutes cause it has limited places to go. I'm sure for the local games the place is fine, but for playoff football not so much, considering all the other places to play that game.
To those who are complaining about the Burg's coach, I'll trade you the West head man for the Burg's head man. Any takers????????

CONGRATS BURG ON A GOOD SEASON

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

bushmaster24 wrote:was the QB sneak still stuck in the back of the minds of the burg? after MINFORD stuffed it to win that game..

Burg didnt try a qb sneak to win the game vs Minford. And Burg successfully QB sneaked a TD earlier in this game for a TD. just seemed like the best thing % wise to get the TD imo. Wasnt to be. You had a HORSE in this game with only 2 legs to run. And the HORSE almost pulled it off. The Rider just couldnt lead it to water.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

ok it was from the gun.how many carries did #22 have before being injured?

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

QB4 wrote:Burgs coach should not have a job next season! Horrible!!!

First of all, congratulations Burg on a good season. Second, it is sickening to read stuff like this...seems to me you have a habit of downing coaches...what's up with that? Give it a break goof.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

NO way does that stadium hold the crowd tonight.
There needs to be more visitor seating. The not enough room.
Restroom facilities need to be upgraded.
Concessions outstanding.
Great game. Thought the first fumbe WB runner's knee was down.

Burg went too conservative second half.

fbbacker
Riding the Bench

Post by fbbacker »

Congrats boys on a fine season. Remember this...you went farther than a whole lot of local teams!

A comment on Boston Field. Very nice facility...it is a little remote but that's ok. Concessions were great and all of the local NY people were friendly. It kinda reminds me of Portsmouth West's field only with field turf. Other than that, great place!

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

What a heartbreaker. That game as a burg fan had the highest High and lowest low all in a 2 minute time frame.. Stll in SHOCK.. Great season Burg.. Was speechless all the way home..

NYbuckeyes70
Waterboy

Post by NYbuckeyes70 »

For those who was asking about the stadium, seating and facilities. I think its crazy to charge $ 2.00 to park $ 9.00 admission, just to have no place to sit. Then you cant see from the fence because of the poeple with certain passes are standing in the endzones and around the sidelines, I'm sure they were locals. Then the restrooms ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!
You have to wait 30 minutes cause it has limited places to go. I'm sure for the local games the place is fine, but for playoff football not so much, considering all the other places to play that game.
To those who are complaining about the Burg's coach, I'll trade you the West head man for the Burg's head man. Any takers????????

CONGRATS BURG ON A GOOD SEASON

I usually don't reply to these posts but I wanted to say something to Buckeye 83. The State of Ohio sets the price for these games at $9.00. The host school does not get a penny from the State for doing this. The only money the host school gets comes from parking and concessions. You have no idea the work that goes into planning and implementing a play-off game. Many people worked hard to make it as pleasant as possible. This is probably the reason more schools don't host. They get nothing from the State for doing it.

Regarding locals taking your seats. I was there and we stood at the far end on purpose so that the fans from Burg would have seats and standing room areas. I didn't see that many local people sitting in the seats.

As far as the restrooms go, there were a couple of port-of-johns on the other side. I agree with you on that, there were not enough restrooms. But, NY did the best that they could. Sorry it didn't live up to your high expectations. At least your team was there.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

bushmaster24 wrote:was the QB sneak still stuck in the back of the minds of the burg? after MINFORD stuffed it to win that game..

Even it was, it didn't matter. All they needed was a FG to win this game. Sure the percentages can be a little less on a FG than a run, but that was the wrong play called. Just run Lang once or twice if they have time and if they don't make it than kick the FG. Have to believe the coaches overthought that last play. They didn't need to do nothing fancy.

Craigmiles got the majority of the carries on the Burg's first TD drive. I think he pulled his hammy when he went into the endzone. That was a HUGE loss for the Pirates with Schank already being hurt, but they did have some players step up and they still had a chance to win this game.

I also thought that Lang's knees were down on the first Burg fumble that resulted in a safety. He hit, knees first and than lost the ball. Oh well, that happens with refs.

buckeye83
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeye83 »

My complaint is there are better locations that would have more seats for both teams fans. I'm pretty sure that the parking fee of $2.00 and all concession sells goes to the school, if not then I stand corrected.

Jefro Monro
Waterboy

Post by Jefro Monro »

Good season to the players! They have nothing to be ashamed of!!

I know its already been asked.........

WHY?????????? Give the ball to shank on that play? He avoided contact on that side all night due to his shoulder injury. Then give it to him in the most crucial time of the game? He is VERY good....when he's healthy. Walker, Silvey, Lang, Hall and more....all very capable.

Sure we made it past the first round and thats pretty good. It's better than the majority of the teams in the area. A second year coach making it to the second round of playoffs twice already. Sounds good...... But, with the talent on this team, ANYONE could have been the coach and taken them that far. We should without a doubt have at least one more week of football..... if not 3!!!!

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

You are right about more money going to the school though not as much as you'd think. A percentage of ticket sales go to the school as do 100% of proceeds from parking. Concessions go to the school 100%. No proceeds from programs tho the host school is responsible to get volunteers to stuff and sell them.

I totally agree with you on bathrooms. That is definitely something I am sure will be addressed. But remember the school most people wanted this game at turned down both of the games we are hosting this week. They simply did not want or couldn't staff the games. So, yes the host school does make really good money hosting games so it is beyond me how a booster program wouldn't look under every rock to find people to host a game. But some programs are well funded that maybe what I think is great money is a drop in the bucket.

BeatsInThaSoutheast
Waterboy

Post by BeatsInThaSoutheast »

I was getting updated on your scores all game burg.
i was hoping you would win it, but great season and good luck next year!

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

Buckeye 83 quit showing off your expertise in parking, seating and coaching!!!!!!!!!!! :oops: :cry: :-D :-D

BurgPirate
Waterboy

Post by BurgPirate »

Congrats Pirates for a great season! That was one heck of a ball game! There were some bad calls and we should have won the game. Hate that the season had to end so soon. I'm not much of a basketball fan so the countdown for next year has started for me...lol.

WE ARE THE BURG!!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I just hope that both teams had a good time and that we were able to make your experience at Nelsonville-York a good one!!!! I am sorry if you had any problems or were not satisfied with our facility. If either teams ever wants to make a trip back to play the Buckeues have your AD call our AD!!!!!!!!! :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:I figured so on the smoke. Food was great. Had a really nice set-up.

Would love to see Burg one day get a new stadium. Need someone to donate about 5million dollars. Any takers? Anyone?LOL

i'll just go right outside and pull it off a tree in my back yard. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

It's funny that there are no Freddies fans on here commenting on the game. They are probably still just as stunned as the Burg fans are that they won.

Return to “Football”