JJ's Goes Pay To Stay

green-n-gold76
Waterboy

Re: JJ's Goes Pay To Stay

Post by green-n-gold76 »

FIDO wrote:Ok...I'll be the curious Dave....What is the name of your site and address?

It's an alumni site....
http://hammyhighalumni.com

I'm not trying to promote it here...just saying that I know what is involved in running a site. Quite a job at times and there is only around 2600 members.

green-n-gold76
Waterboy

Post by green-n-gold76 »

FIDO wrote:I honestly don't think this site owner would give a rat's behind if someone were advertising a site on here. That's just how they roll. But, I'll check yours out anyway. I wouldn't totally dismiss this site. Freedom of Speech is alive and well here, within certain parameters. Of course, we all get swatted from time to time when we overstep our bounds. You don't automatically receive the death penalty when something inappropriately is said in a heated discussion.

The site is for alumni of my old high school...the forum is the busy part and only open to alumni. That's why I said that I wasn't trying to promote it here.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Most of us Mattash found on smaller sites like svc.com or tvc.com Westfall was meeting Ironton in the playoffs and SVC.com went under, the owner was a kid anyways. So I came here and have been ever since. people on here welcomed me like I had known them for years. and the site has only grown from word of mouth ever since.

We have fun and we argue but in a since we are like family on here.

And many sites have been listed on here.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I agree with mstangmom. For the most part, everyone is great on here. There are a few bad apples that don't play by the rules, but if they push it too far, they are banned. Having said that, it takes A LOT to be banned on here. And as far as I know, everyone is given a warning before any ban actually happens. You can post links to other websites on here. It's not a big deal. Nor should it be.

There are disagreements and heated debates from time to time, and the political forum was even dropped because of arguing, but all in all, this is a great forum. I wouldn't have stayed here these past five plus years if I did not believe in this website. Nor would I promote it to so many people.

I have learned a lot over the past few years about all the different schools in southeastern Ohio, and I have this website to thank for it.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I just don't like to see ANYTHING for charge on the internet! I remember those days where you had to pay to go to differents areas of the web, period. This is an awesome thing we have in our lives today, to be able to pay a reasonable fee and have access to data from all over the world..and not pay another single dime for it.

Someone mentioned about Matt and this site, if it grows? Well, I know that he certainly gets a lot more hits but for hte most part, it's text based. Most images are embedded and so is the video. Ironton Football Dot Com had well over 2,000 'unique visitors' in a two days this weekend, and..they're all downloading, all day long, 1/4 to 5 mb files! The photos now are all about 1/4 of a mb, the videos are close to 5 and as I said, it goes on all day long. You know how much text you would have to download to get to 5mbs?! A BUNCH OF BUNCH! the site is almost 2gbs in size now too...so, how would JJ's really need to charge a buck a head to cover throughput? Yeah, I'm sure his site pales mine but still, it's mostly text though

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

KII have you been diguising your site on the puddle?

you wrote iroton football dot com

istead of
www.irontonfootball.com

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

OK so I was just looking at the puddle and they have up their "Bleacher seats"

It says:

The Bleacher Seats
Feel FREE to discuss any and all topics right here.

Wonder if we can discuss southeasternohiopreps.com there?????????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LancerDad
Waterboy

Post by LancerDad »

green-n-gold76 wrote:
FIDO wrote:Ok...I'll be the curious Dave....What is the name of your site and address?

It's an alumni site....
http://hammyhighalumni.com

I'm not trying to promote it here...just saying that I know what is involved in running a site. Quite a job at times and there is only around 2600 members.

Right there is the point we are trying to make about this site. Do you see that your post with the link to your site is still there? These are not some greedy people that want you to come to their site and their site only. I have even seen threads from the puddle listed on this site and they stay there. I do not know the slightest thing about the financial situation of the owner of this site, but from reading the posts of the long time members here, I bet just one post for financial assistance would be answered with hundreds of dollars. Welcome to this site and if you would like more discussion of MSL or whatever you are looking for, just start a thread. I am sure even posters that are fans of teams not even in the MSL will step up and chat with you. You will find these are some very intelligent posters here... well at least most of them. :12223

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Just postd this on JJ...

i too paid the 10$ charge...what a bunch of bull. Quite frankly...no one should stay on a site that dosent honor their word..or your 10$ bucks...This is the worst move this site could make. No doubt about it...and the sad thing is, once they lose most of their posters..they will make it free again to everyone...but i dont think very many will come back when that happens.

Fool me once, shame on you...twice...shame on me. I for one will never be back after tonight. Ever.

moose
Varsity

Post by moose »

My cousin, berry, is upset. He will probably be coming over here.

Heaven help us all.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

JJ just added some Free forums....im assuming they say 'Free' which means they will remain free even after tomorrow...

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

heres my latest post on the puddle

They won't let us post any free sites on here else we get BANNED. Like it matters I will be done on here tonight anyways. Positing should be free, reading should be free south eastern ohio preps dot com If you can put all that together you will find a decent place to go. You cannot use a Yahoo e-mail there though. but it is free to read free to post free to JOIN. Don;t know the are you live in but this place offers it's site for everyone to post. for some reason JJ is worried about other sote names being posted on here whenin reality they chased away all the users on their own.

BYE BYE Huddlers

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Got another one on the way, my post has lasted more than 30 seconds :lol: :lol:

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

well Willeyfree has just been banned but it lasted about 15 minutes on a topic a new poster on here started :lol: . there were several responses to it so the word got out

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

They are on top of it now!!!
I posted on Chilli's new coach thread and bolded the letters to spell out SEOP'S

I got banned in about 5 minutes!!!!!

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

They are probably paying people overtime to get rid of SEOP posts

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

OMG why didn't we think of this, well I don't know how to make them but some of you are computer guenies

There is a Logan poster on there and his AVITAR is a purple helmet and at the bottom it says
loganfootball.com

Now you computer people get busy and make a southeaternohiopreps avitar time is running out

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

You just go into the "User Control Panel" and go to "Edit Signature"..you just make SEOPS your signature.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

I meant the bottom of the avitar but hey I just did the signature
Thanks, hadn't thought of that

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

It probably won't work for an avatar...but you could always post it as a pic :D

Return to “Football”