D4 - R15: (3) Heath vs. (2) Ironton @ Nelsonville York

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: D4 - R15: (3) Heath vs. (2) Ironton @ Nelsonville York

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Location has no part in my choice for going to Cincy.

My good friend Mike has something on his plate if he can not make it to the game I am heading to Cincy. How ever if he is able to make it I will go back to plan A and watch Ironton win by three scores.

Hilltiger
Riding the Bench

Post by Hilltiger »

Can someone tell me the best way to go, after the game in NY, to get to 77 or 70? I'm driving up to the "Burg" for Sundays Steelers Bengals game. Looks like the choices are route 78 to Interstate 77 or route 13 north to Zanesville to hit Interstate 70.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

05buckeye wrote:see at least one of you is happy

I doubt this parent has traveled when his son wasn't playing...it's the same ole same ole that gets to most tiger fans...not that NY is a bad place to play a game...but it's not the best choice by no means that the state could have made...Jackson would have been the best site...even Athens...mainly for the amount of seats...as the Parent of a tiger said...most Tiger fans including me will be in attendance...however..it doesn't make it right that Ironton almost always gets the screws...I believe on this occasion...everyone got the screws...Many people won't have a seat to sit in unless they are there at noon, including Heath...it's just money to the state...they don't care about the people...haven't for years...

05buckeye
JV Team

Post by 05buckeye »

well i guess i will see you at noon on saturday :lol: :lol: :lol:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I am very sorry that both schools will have to come so far for a game. I will tell you that we will do our best to treat you well. We have a nice facility and we are excited to be hosting this week. Have a great time and let me say Welcome to Nelsonville!!!!

readn,writn,&rt243
Riding the Bench

Post by readn,writn,&rt243 »

Nothing against NY, but why would a fan that just wants to watch a game get in the way of the many loyal fans there to root on their teams. The OHSAA should be ashamed. I guess we should consider ourselves lucky that they are hosting games south of I70, the MAFIA that runs the show can't read a map, let alone spell it. MAP. Thought Ross would have changed things, guess he spent too much time Up North....

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

fightintigerz wrote:Nobody should be surprised the Tigers have to travel the furthest distance. We go through this every year. The only time a playoff venue has gone in our favor is in 1999. We were the 8th seed and played 2nd seed Cincinnati Indian Hills in Portsmouth, which as all Ironton fans remember we won that game fairly easily. "If" we beat Heath get ready for a trip to Lancaster.

I highly doubt that. They do actually try thier level best to make all regional final and semi final games are played on turf. If it's Ironton and Amanda it will probably be in Jackson. If it's Coshocton it would probably be somewhere in Columbus.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

05buckeye wrote:wow! all the whining. if your a true fan u will saddle up and make the trip. if not stay home and listen on the radio. jeez

Amen!!!!

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

zebra77 wrote:What a bunch of pi$$er$ and moaners, my son plays on Tigers and this is his senior year, I'd travel to the moon to watch these kids play. And not have a problem standing if need be, love these Tigers.

I'm glad N-Y got the game, at least it's not Dublin. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm just a HAPPY PAPPY!!!! :-D :-D

Im with ya,me an my "cronies" will be there.

readn,writn,&rt243
Riding the Bench

Post by readn,writn,&rt243 »

I'm not going the game no matter where it is, just calling the MAFIA out, I don't have a dog in this fight. (btw way, if no one spots me at the fort this week, look under recently poured concrete or way down river......) No whining from me, just calling a spade a spade. Good luck to all the area teams throughout their playoff runs.
Last edited by readn,writn,&rt243 on Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

Tobias wrote:
gotigers wrote:Ironton and Wheelersburg fans need to eat at the Coffee Cup in Nelsonville. The prime rib is excellent and the Mt. Dew is served in wine glasses! ;-)

Go Burg!

GO TIGERS!!!

Prime rib?

That's all I needed to here!

:mrgreen:

That kinda does make things somewhat better...I think the State should foot the bill for all the Ironton fans...for the travel...lol

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

actually, Id like the whine some more. i understand that Zebra77 would go to the moon to watch his son play. However, Ironton has played in 63 playoff games in it's history. I have been in attendance for them all. Thats right, at 6 years old i was at the 1973 final. Now, I dont say that to make this about me. It's about ALL Ironton fans! We go to them all, not just when our boy plays.

I dont have a gripe with NY or their great fans. They also have a great stadium. What I do have a gripe about is this:

Ironton has played in 63 playoff games. Over the years the ticket prices have been anywhere from $3 to the outrageous current price of $9. Conservatively I will say the average ticket price was $5, over all of those games. Again conservatively, I will say that we have averaged 2,000 fans per game at those games (way low i know, but work with me). My math says that over the course of those games, The OHSAA has taken in about $630,000 from Ironton fans. I know the school gets a "taste" of presales, but conservatively, Ironton has poured in about a half a million bucks to the OHSAA.

Now that has been said, play ball. We all knew they would screw us and that is ok. Im sure Heath, making its second playoff appearance, appreciates the respect they got from the OHSAA.

Oh well, thats what happens when you live below the chillicothe/Dixon line.

Go Tigers!

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

We will call this game . The Bummer In Buchtel.The school and stadium is in Buchtel not Nelsonville.LOL Just poking fun at my N-Y buddies..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

85inside wrote:actually, Id like the whine some more. i understand that Zebra77 would go to the moon to watch his son play. However, Ironton has played in 63 playoff games in it's history. I have been in attendance for them all. Thats right, at 6 years old i was at the 1973 final. Now, I dont say that to make this about me. It's about ALL Ironton fans! We go to them all, not just when our boy plays.

I dont have a gripe with NY or their great fans. They also have a great stadium. What I do have a gripe about is this:

Ironton has played in 63 playoff games. Over the years the ticket prices have been anywhere from $3 to the outrageous current price of $9. Conservatively I will say the average ticket price was $5, over all of those games. Again conservatively, I will say that we have averaged 2,000 fans per game at those games (way low i know, but work with me). My math says that over the course of those games, The OHSAA has taken in about $630,000 from Ironton fans. I know the school gets a "taste" of presales, but conservatively, Ironton has poured in about a half a million bucks to the OHSAA.

Now that has been said, play ball. We all knew they would screw us and that is ok. Im sure Heath, making its second playoff appearance, appreciates the respect they got from the OHSAA.

Go Tigers!

All 63 games!?!? Thats impressive.One has to wonder what would be the over/under on the concession stand bill on those play-off games.I know you can maul a dog or two along with some kind of candy bar/M&M's.I have even seen you sprawled out on a fence noshing on a Steve Evans sausage samich,with drink.Your love of popcorn is second to none.Let me be the first to say thank you from all the concession stands throughout Ohio,however near or far they are.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Hey Pol Pot do u wanna know where i heard that from?? Coach Lafon!! So i didnt did anything to harm u how much false info is posted on this site? Exactly!!! Im sorry for the false information but uhh POL POT no need to be a smart "A"!!! Thanks for your input though it means alot!!!

ironman02
SEOP

Re: D4 - R15: (3) Heath vs. (2) Ironton

Post by ironman02 »

kantuckyII wrote:We were told last night that Jackson did not want to host two games. Whether that's true or not, it seems likely though because..we'll we're not going to be better location which Jackson would be. Now, Boston Field is very nice though, going be cozy though...Jackson would have been abundant seating as well. I'd say you'll have a lot of NY fans at this game that will take a bunch of the seats as well.

Wished Jackson would have reconsidered.

I don't understand why Jackson would do this. I guess they could have their reasons, but I have no idea what those reasons may be. The only way they get a regional final is if Ironton and Amanda both win this week, or if Burg and Oak Hill both win. That could happen, but it's not a guarantee. Even then, the OHSAA may still choose another venue. Jackson should host as many games as they can, in my opinion. They don't want two games? They might not even get ONE game!

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

ItownHosscat wrote:
85inside wrote:actually, Id like the whine some more. i understand that Zebra77 would go to the moon to watch his son play. However, Ironton has played in 63 playoff games in it's history. I have been in attendance for them all. Thats right, at 6 years old i was at the 1973 final. Now, I dont say that to make this about me. It's about ALL Ironton fans! We go to them all, not just when our boy plays.

Go Tigers!

All 63 games!?!? Thats impressive.One has to wonder what would be the over/under on the concession stand bill on those play-off games.I know you can maul a dog or two along with some kind of candy bar/M&M's.I have even seen you sprawled out on a fence noshing on a Steve Evans sausage samich,with drink.Your love of popcorn is second to none.Let me be the first to say thank you from all the concession stands throughout Ohio,however near or far they are.

Pot calling kettle black. LOL. Your cronies need to settle down at these games.

itown keg 77
Riding the Bench

Post by itown keg 77 »

fightintigerz wrote:Nobody should be surprised the Tigers have to travel the furthest distance. We go through this every year. The only time a playoff venue has gone in our favor is in 1999. We were the 8th seed and played 2nd seed Cincinnati Indian Hills in Portsmouth, which as all Ironton fans remember we won that game fairly easily. "If" we beat Heath get ready for a trip to Lancaster.

If you recall we played a cincinnati area team first in cincinnati then in portsmouth and then in cincinnati again the next week on our way to state final.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

okay, for everybody thinking i'm ungrateful. hang with me a minute. i don't care if they flippin play in baltimore. i'd be there it at all possible, it's NOT ABOUT TRAVEL.

it is merely the seating. while i'm not using my personal health situation as the standard , just think for a minute. are you doubting my loyalty asa tiger fan, i doubt it. but in the same respect, i have a broken back, a steel knee, fibromyagia, rhuematory, degenerative arthritis, and irritable bowel syndrome. yet, i try to make every game. is it right for me or any other handicapped person, to have to be there shortly after breakfast. to try to get a seat, then when they open the gate, everybody runs by you anyway, and gets the better seats, who werent there as long. is it our fault ohsaa . can't put us in a stadium capable of holding our crowd.

again, i could care less about the travel. another thing, tickets are now 7/9 dollars. the state makes 9/10 of that , why would they cut their own throats by not putting it where everybody can enjoy it. i wonder how many have similiar health issues.

i know sparta would like to be playing this week, but they ain't. but we are, and we pack a huge whollop financially to the areas that we travel. alot, will not come , because of the fear of standing. i'm telling you, now.i know many of you agree with me because of pm's. but won't come out and say it, i'm tired of gettin hosed. no need to put a game in a small d5 stadium that can't accomodate the crowd. absolutely no knock on ny. just not big enough. many of us have parents 70, and older. should they stand in line for 4/5 hours, so they can set. it's not just young healthy people that are tiger fans. and then you have to consider guests that will come with us from adjoining districts, as well as those from local communities that will watch , because their local team plays another night, or their team did not advance. it's like putting a marshmallow in a parking meter, it won't work.

some of you need to wake up, quit missing the forest for the trees. and pitch a royal one to the OHSAA, FOR THIS DEBACLE, BAIT.

Return to “Football”