D4 - R15: (3) Heath vs. (2) Ironton @ Nelsonville York

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

tl895
Varsity

Re: D4 - R15: (3) Heath vs. (2) Ironton @ Nelsonville York

Post by tl895 »

Orange and Brown wrote:I don't think seating will be a problem!!! I think you all are making to much out of it! :122245

no it is not too much to make of it! this is playoffs! a seat at the game should be the last thing anyone should have to worry about! d 4 teams should not be playing at a d5 stadium with d 5 seating

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

zebra77 wrote:What a bunch of pi$$er$ and moaners, my son plays on Tigers and this is his senior year, I'd travel to the moon to watch these kids play. And not have a problem standing if need be, love these Tigers.

I'm glad N-Y got the game, at least it's not Dublin. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm just a HAPPY PAPPY!!!! :-D :-D

You are the man!!! Hope your son has a lights out game. If so your ride home will seem short.
;-) :razz: :-D :122245 :lol:

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

You're Tiger Bait.........Here is hoping that God blesses your health and everything else to do with your trip to NY.

tigerdad
JV Team

Post by tigerdad »

I have traveled farther than this to watch my son hand out water due to an injury, If you are a true tiger fan you will be there to support these young gentleman. Looking forward to being at boston field. What time does the gates open?

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Looking at the positive side of things for Saturday............

1. Weather in the 60s.........

2. Beautiful drive up 93 watching the end of fall foliage........

3. Nice 4 lane highway after a beverage stop in Jackson..........

4. Buffalo Wild Wings in Athens for a snack and another beverage........

5. Nice 4 lane highway and a short drive to Nelsonville.............

6. Very nice field with plenty of standing room for those not getting there early enuff to grab a seat.....which is no big thing
as I have been known to stand at many ball games when the Tigers are playing............

7. Ironton and Heath have made round 2 of the playoffs........

Now for the negative side of things for Saturday.......

BUCKEYES AND HAWKEYES GAME STARTS AT 3:30

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

tl895 wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:I don't think seating will be a problem!!! I think you all are making to much out of it! :122245

no it is not too much to make of it! this is playoffs! a seat at the game should be the last thing anyone should have to worry about! d 4 teams should not be playing at a d5 stadium with d 5 seating

You guys will not overflow our seating!!!! There will be room for all of you!!!

crafty left-hander
Freshman Team

Post by crafty left-hander »

Question for Nelsonville posters. Are they bringing in extra bleachers or not?

Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Frogtownbuckeye »

Turkey, you don't care to stand and I understand that. Most of us only have 2 legs! :lol: I am as big and Ironton fan as the next guy or gal and I believe we can win this ballgame. But we need not look past this Heath team. They are in round 2 of the playoffs for a reason. Let's make sure to take care of business this week before we even chat about next week. Go Tigers!

tric118
All State

Post by tric118 »

Crafty left hander The Flying Dog on Route 33 acrossed from Mcdonalds in Nelsonville is a real nice sports bar to eat at. Has 3 tv's 2 big screens serves, Wings, all kind of hot dogs and all kinds of Beer's imports and some other crazy kinds. Real nice relaxing place.

CarmenOhio
Riding the Bench

Post by CarmenOhio »

We Ironton fans might as well quit complaining. We've been dealing with this issue for decades and I don't see it changing anytime soon. Being from Southeast Ohio, the OHSAA treats us like a non-AQ school in the BCS, they don't even want to deal with us until they are forced to. At this point I am much more concerned with who we are playing than where. Without a doubt Coach Lutz and the players are too, that's what it's about after all. I have no doubt the fine folks from Nelsonville will do their best to make us as comfortable as possible...

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I'm just tickled we're not going to a couple of other stadiums already mentioned. Dark and foreboding...almost ominous......I'm sure if you're followed the 'Trail Of The Tigers' for very long, you know what I'm talking about! ;-)

powerliftingnut
Freshman Team

Post by powerliftingnut »

This link will give you directions to Boston Field. Have a safe trip.
http://www.nelsonvilleyork.k12.oh.us/

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Quick question is Ironton playing on sat or are we just driving up to NY to sit at the stadium? Theres 5 pages and probably only 5 posts about the game itself the rest is complaining about where we are playing. We are Ironton we dont care if we have to drive to Canada to play in the parking lot of a motel 6. Just put the ball down and lets play.
Anyway I think the line will be the deciding factor in this game. Plus we take care of the ball we will win.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

look i'm off my soap box. i've had so many phone calls, emails, and pm's. i know people feel the same way. but they know ole bait, will put it out there.

as far as travel. not the issue at all. i know we're gonna travel been going to these since the early 70's. i hope the folks at ny, can accomodate us seating wise. i know quite a few there, they are fine people that love their football, as much as us tiger fans. i abhore getting called a pi$$er, or whiner. but i will address that. i also had kids play , and was at every game i could get to. i've missed like 5 , in the last 30 years. so , i sure as heck, ain't no fly by night fan.

now to the game. really don't know much about heath but will, by the end of the day, with the help of joe eitel. i know one thing , they get tougher the farther you advance. but we are playing some lights out football, right now and handling the rock, very well. may have to open it up a little more this week, some passing and more utilization of the wide side of the field, some misdirection, and stretch plays. but then again , we may not have to. if we can line up and handle a team, like we did sparta, you won't need to.

players play every play till the whistle, and play like it's the last play you'll ever play. don't look over anybody. and next week, is next week. you'll determine that if you take care of business this week.

and a dear friend of mine owes me an apology. who knows i'm not a pi$$er , or whiner. don't act like cause your son is playing this year. that those of us , who have had kids come through the system , did not do the same for our kids. and i have no child playing now, excuse me , but i'm at these games watching your kids, cause i love ironton football. we'll see if you step up to the plate.

BULLDOGS, WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN TIGERMANIA RUNS WILD ON YOU , BROTHER.

acespop
Waterboy

Post by acespop »

You guys want to come play at Amanda. How nice. Guys so many teams tear up their fields just getting through the regular season. How would you like to play a regional final in a mud bog. We did it in welcome stadium before anybody had turf. After ten plays you couldn't see the numbers. The higher seed isn't hurt by travel if they are that good.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

I agree Bait...all the way...We will show up...as a Team...and as Fans....Would love to get some respect from the State...but we all know that isn't going to ever happen....Hope CC does bring in some extra seating...but if not...we will have the endzone clear full of tiger fans...

71tigeralum
Waterboy

Post by 71tigeralum »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:Heath to Nelsonville = 1 hour 9 minutes / 56.40 miles
Ironton to Nelsonville = 1 hour 58 minutes / 95.07 miles

Distances__________To_Nelsonville_________________To State Championship Game
Heath _______________1 hr________________________~2 years
Ironton ______________2 hrs______________________4 games (from today) We can, but may not..

It's not the drive that matters,
Keep your eyes on the prize.. Go Tigers!!
Last edited by 71tigeralum on Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

obviously nelsonville people haven't seen too many ironton playoff games to know if we will fill their place up or not. playing at fulton would at least had enough seating for everyone

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

calpreps:

Ironton 34
Heath 22

IMHO i see the fighting tigers winnin this game by at least 21. i look for a ironton-amanda cc regional final

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

It's a far-fetched idea, but look at what Zanesville did to Licking Valley, and then the LV game against Heath. Look at how each faired against common opponents and what do you see? Ironton, by 16?

Return to “Football”