Nelsonville-York Stadium ?

BigSlowWhiteGuy
Riding the Bench

Nelsonville-York Stadium ?

Post by BigSlowWhiteGuy »

Portsmouth played there in 2004 but I'm assuming since they are hosting both Friday and Saturday there has been an upgrade with Field Turf and maybe some more seating? Any Pictures available.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Nelsonville-York Stadium ?

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

BigSlowWhiteGuy
Riding the Bench

Post by BigSlowWhiteGuy »

Thanks Turkey. It looks like nice weather but I knew they wouldn't risk rain Friday with a game on Saturday.

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Watching that video, there is no way that there will be enough seats for Burg on Friday and Heath on Saturday.

Looks like a great stadium, but someone dropped the ball on seating capacity. It looks like if you don't get there early enough you will standing and that is not right.

Looking on the map the Burg game should have been played in Ashville at Teays Valley. 75 miles for the Freddies and 78 miles for the Burg.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I dont think there will be too many people standing...NY has a good bit of seating..its an above avg. seat stadium in these parts...Plus its just a great stadium...one of the best around...NY has a lot to be proud of and being able to show it off in two playoff games is great!

bobcatfan4728
Freshman Team

Post by bobcatfan4728 »

Dundas wrote:I dont think there will be too many people standing...NY has a good bit of seating..its an above avg. seat stadium in these parts...Plus its just a great stadium...one of the best around...NY has a lot to be proud of and being able to show it off in two playoff games is great!

I have seen the seating full for wellston - ny game before i'm sure there will be a huge folowing from both teams not to mention the other fans. Like the other poster said be there early to get a seat. If your on vistor side and bringing a band u really need to be there early. Another question is there going to be enough parking where will they put the overflow of cars?

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I look for around 5000 people, maybe more, to be there. From what I've read it seats 2600. You do the math.

Lil&BigBucksMom
Riding the Bench

Post by Lil&BigBucksMom »

Picked my son up from wrestling last night and seen they've brought more bleachers in. Also, there's a Domino's trailer on the visitor side. They can always use the baseball and softball field area for overflow of parking.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Nelsonville is sort of small but a great place. Everyone is nice and they do have some good food.

Just a comfortable place

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Sounds good with the extra seating. I think that was the concern of a lot of people. No one wants to pay 7.00 for a game and then have to stand. I can't wait until the game tomorrow. The field looks great from the video.

Burg's band doesn't take up many seats as they only have about 20 members.

Bishtakes
Riding the Bench

Post by Bishtakes »

Spoke to your coach and maybe your AD on Tuesday as they were up looking at our facilities and they informed me that you played at Marietta last week and were seated on the visiting side. They also said that we had more seating than Marietta so don't get hung up on the seating. We have brought in porta johns and a concession trailer for the visiting side in addition to the permanent restrooms and food booth that is located on the home side. An image of our complex can be found on our website at www.nybuckeyebash.com and click on "Next Generation".

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

That's good to hear that porta-potties and a concession stand were brought in for the visitors side. Marietta really dropped the ball on that one with only one restroom and one concession stand for the amount of people that were there. No way was I standing in either line at halftime. I watered the lawn by the school buses. lol

The extra seating is also a big plus.

tigerfan83
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan83 »

Wow

After watching the video we need to bring r binoculars

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

tk421
Varsity

Post by tk421 »

Yeah, it looks like a nice stadium, but I'm not a fan of having a track around the football field. It takes you so far away from the game.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

tk421 wrote:Yeah, it looks like a nice stadium, but I'm not a fan of having a track around the football field. It takes you so far away from the game.

You donate the money and we will move the track!! :-D

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Marietta had a track around the field also and it didn't really affect me seeing any of the game.

Lungbuster
JV Team

Post by Lungbuster »

the video makes the feild look farther away than it really is for the fans. its a great place to watch a game. I definetly dont liek the track around the feild though, takes away from the atmosphere

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

I don't know how anyone can say anything negative about the facility unless they don't like turf. But who doesn't like turf especially this time of year?

JMTG :mrgreen:

tigersportsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by tigersportsfan »

what time does the gates open today?

Return to “Football”