SE

Re: Chillicothe Cavaliers head coach search

Post by bengalfan76 »

Then why did he apply and interview?

datchillicav
JV Team

Post by datchillicav »

Do you know that he interviewed? Does anyone know who all has interviewed and who all will be interviewing? I thought they were gonna wait and do interviews in January?

gilchs
Waterboy

Post by gilchs »

The board strongly takes their q from the super , AD, & principals. I think they are waiting on John Payne to get back. Yes i voted in every election. My voting has nonthing to do with the fact that they have allowed the football program to go in the toliet. I'm sure if he accepts Scott B will get the job. Mark my words.

jumphigh
Varsity

Post by jumphigh »

gilchs

Last year the cavaliers made it to game 12, (sweet sixteen) 3 seasons ago they made it to game 11..

Come on..

gilchs
Waterboy

Post by gilchs »

JumpHigh I rest my case. I'm glad you find that acceptable. With the talent we have had in Chillicothe that record is a joke. DeWitt would be a good choice. It will take years to rebuild.

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

You can't think Dewitt is a good choice when you have much better football coaches on that list.

roundingthird
JV Team

Post by roundingthird »

^^^^
Why would you say that?
Dewitt is a VERY qualified person to take over Chillicothe.
No disrespect to any of the coaches at Waverly, but I sure would take him again!

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

good guy, but he is all smoke and mirrors.

Too many quality HS coaches on that list to go with dewitt

datchillicav
JV Team

Post by datchillicav »

I have known Dewitt for a long time and have always respected him. When he was at Waverly I thought he did a good job and I went and saw them play a few times. If he were to get the job I think he would eventually turn the program around and the program would improve. Having said that there are some proven-to-be GREAT coaches on the list. IMO ANYONE other than Bartholomew or Hinton would be a mistake but I would certainly support Dewitt and feel as though he would do a good job. He definately would instill discipline, pride, and integrity in the program from day 1.

My question for Tiger fans is what was his overall record at Waverly because I can't even remember exactly how many years he was there, le alone his overall record?

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

The Chillicothe job is one that has intrigued coaches over the years. The move to the SEOAL from the OCC makes it possible one of the best coaching jobs in the SE District. Also remember this some coaches will interview just to keep their interview skills sharp and to let the administration where they are to know not to take them for granted. I know several that have used this a leverage to get things for their programs over the years.

Ironmen32
JV Team

Post by Ironmen32 »

On the sidelines wrote:If Shane Wolford, of Jackson, is interested would be the best choice for the Cavs..probly one of the best coaches in the state of Ohio

What you got to be kidding me? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

On the sidelines wrote:If Shane Wolford, of Jackson, is interested would be the best choice for the Cavs..probly one of the best coaches in the state of Ohio

There's a lot of great coaches in Ohio, so taking a team to 7 wins isn't "one of the best", especially when you have a two-time State Champion and a DIII Coach of the year on the list.

However, I may not see the whole picture. How has he done at his other schools?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

With Chillicothe going down in Div. it might worry some people out there to take the job.
People keep saying the population is moving to the outskirts and you just do not know where this program is going.

bookem13
JV Team

Post by bookem13 »

^^^^^^^^^
Gary Kellough would disagree with that!

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

When is they going to announce?

wrestlefan1
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan1 »

absolutely no disrespect to coach kellough,
but in basketball you have to come up with what 7 players that can perform at a high level.

in football you have to come up with 15 at the very minimum that can play at a high level.

the numbers thing becomes much more important in football than basketball

Bass Viking
Waterboy

Post by Bass Viking »

Interviews have begun! I heard Jim Tressel may be in town! Or maybe it was Urban Meyer!

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

^^^^^^
Now that is funny

datchillicav
JV Team

Post by datchillicav »

hbk123 wrote:I hope Payne doesn't sexually harass any of them. :lol: :lol:

Seriously? Can we get this comment removed by a mod? That is classless and irrisponsible to post on a website like this that kids at the high school read. I'm sure students, friends, and maybe family members of Mr. Payne read this website. This kind of thing has no place on a board like this....Probably the same kind of people who criticized Davidson ALL SEASON long for not winning every year.

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Chill out there big fella. Nothing worse than what you see in the Gazette.

I have watched Mr. Payne in action for many years. Everyone knows his behavior is usually odd.

Return to “Football”