Week 5: Logan (0-4) @ Nelsonville-York (4-0)

Spenceman
Freshman Team

Re: Week 5: Logan (0-4) @ Nelsonville-York (4-0)

Post by Spenceman »

27-24 bucks in barn burner

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

NYFan54 wrote:At least you guys have putput and a golf course!! Nelsonville has what....nothing? lol

Hey now!! Nelsonvile has the FUN BARN LOL

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

NYFan54 wrote:At least you guys have putput and a golf course!! Nelsonville has what....nothing? lol

Seriously though, I think the Buckeyes will be too much for the Chiefs this week, but it should be a good game if neither team has many turnovers or penalties. That could be the deciding factor.
i liked that par 3 course that u guys used to have on the far end of town. alot of people use to go down there and practice on their par 3 game. why did they ever close that? nice little course i thought.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:I love tacos and burritos to go trench ,,I agree what a shame to drive all that way,,,,, I think we need more pizza shops and antique stores around Logan not!
i agree bolt. way to many pizza shops, antiques and save marts. logan needs a taco bell. many people here think so. heck go ahead and put a sonic in too. it would get plenty of business also. but knowing logan we will get another dollar general in before we get either of them. lol! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Yes we need a Sonic--then I wouldn't have to go to Nelsonville every Wednesday for half price--lol

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

2 Questions for Buckeye fans:

1) Does anyone know if there are game photos online from the first 4 games?

And

2) Can anyone email/post the season stats for the orange and brown? Need to get my research done for the Scouting Report to run in the Logan Daily News on Thursday. Thanks!

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

Logan wins this game. Logan is better than people think. They have several guys that can take it to the house. The first four games that they have played have been brutal and most if not all the teams in SOC, TVC and SEOAL would also be 0-4. Go Chiefs.

NYFan54
Varsity

Post by NYFan54 »

I hope I don't get pounded for this, but here are a few pics done by a very nice lady from NY.

http://pictureyou.zenfolio.com/f271566946

I can't help you with the stats though, but a few people keep track.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Thanks NYFan54!

That's a big help. Hopefully someone else can get me the stats and I'll be good to go. I'll be sure to post the article on LoganFootball.com so those who don't subscribe to the Daily can read it as well.

I'm also going to be doing a big story on the history of the Nelsonville/Nelsonville-York rivalry in honor of the rivalry being renewed and this being the 100th Season of Logan Football.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

LoganLocos wrote:Thanks NYFan54!

That's a big help. Hopefully someone else can get me the stats and I'll be good to go. I'll be sure to post the article on LoganFootball.com so those who don't subscribe to the Daily can read it as well.

I'm also going to be doing a big story on the history of the Nelsonville/Nelsonville-York rivalry in honor of the rivalry being renewed and this being the 100th Season of Logan Football.
Sounds great---I' will be holding on to this

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

LOGAN WILL BE THE BIGGEST TEST SO FAR.
TAKE IT ONE GAME AT A TIME BUCKEYES.

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

Buckeyes by 7

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

Buckeyes by 7

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

Logan's competition might be a factor if they had actually competed against the first team for more than 2.5 qtrs. of the games. I'm not making the trip to NY this year. Leave a light or two on for me!
I don't see anything near the close scores predicted by most so far. Not much faith in Nelsonville's schedule, perhaps.
Good luck to both parties. May the game be injury free.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Its not all strengh of schedule the big part
the size of logan ..and NY..BIG DIFFRENCE..
To those who dont think so ur blind...

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

LoganLocos wrote: I'm also going to be doing a big story on the history of the Nelsonville/Nelsonville-York rivalry in honor of the rivalry being renewed and this being the 100th Season of Logan Football.
Can't wait to see the story on the history!!! Will it only appear in the Logan Daily? Maybe the Athens Messenger would run it as well? If not, maybe you could post the story on here as well?

NYFan54
Varsity

Post by NYFan54 »

I think that's what he meant by saying he'll put it on loganfootball.com too so people without a Daily subscription can view it as well

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

LoganLocos.........here are a few random facts for your story -

In five of the six victories Nelsonville-York has over Logan, the Buckeyes finished the regular season 10-0.

The Buckeyes first ever victory over the Chieftans came in 1981, the year NY won the Division IV State Championship. NY won that game 40-0. [I'm not counting the few Nelsonville Greyhound victories over Logan, as this was the first win by the consolidated Nelsonville-York over Logan].

In 1994, NY defeated Logan on its way to a perfect season and 11-1 Regional Runner Up in Division IV, Region 15. NY won 20-19. NY had a 20-13 lead in the final minute of the game, Logan scored a TD and made the score 20-19. Logan missed the PAT to send it to overtime and NY came away with the big victory. Logan went on to win the SEOAL that year. NY also defeated the second place team in the SEOAL that year, Jackson, by a score of 48-7.

buckman
Freshman Team

Post by buckman »

I hope I'm wrong, but I see Logan on top in this one by about 35-21. Yes, they're 0-4, but they'be played three tough D1 teams, and one undefeated D3 team. The Bucks need to play fast, mistake-free football to get a win.

I hope they can pull it out, but I think in the end, Logan has the numbers advantage.

Go Bucks!!

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Wow from 94 to 97 NY won 3/4 games vs. Logan. I can't believe we have only won 6 times in our history! Go Bucks make it 7!

Return to “Football”