Notre Dame For SOC Run In 2010 Season?

gwell
Freshman Team

Re: Notre Dame For SOC Run In 2010 Season?

Post by gwell »

The big heart breaker was the Greenup Co. game. ND's 1st half game plan was perfect. Greenup spent the week preparing for the ND Air Raid. Old time Greenup fans came to the game expecting to watch ND air it out for 400 yards. ND came out running the ball and took a 25-22 lead into half time.
ND only used their Air Raid attack for 4 plays, late in the game getting the ball inside the 1 yard line when penalties prevented them from scoring in a 29-25 loss.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I shudder to think of how bad GC will be next year without Carter.
Their line is decent, but not much else.

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

Grayson is a force on D, as all the players you mentioned. The game may be a reunion of sorts as I understand ND's
QB is close friends with those players.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I knew Carter didn't play against ND.
I also knew GC returned a bunch of linemen.
I didn't know about the transfers, though. I guess I'm used to people transfering out of GC instead of coming in or returning.
How much time did these players get while at Raceland?
GC did beat them, though.

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

Bishop Rosecrans had a 6-0 lead in the closing seconds of the 1st half when ND went to their 2 minute offense getting the ball inside the 10 with 13 seconds remaining. A run play produced a loss and ND hurried back to the line to get the last play off. A pass from the power I set was intercepted in the end zone as the clock ran out.
Unable to run the ball, 25 carries for 20 yards, ND did go to their Air Raid midway through the 4th ending the game with 144 yards passing in a 13-0 loss.

ND TITANS
Waterboy

Post by ND TITANS »

Our players have to see all the armchair qb's on here, they know we always do what our game plan calls for. We have been well balanced the last 4 years and we will continue to be well balanced. ND has to get stronger and quicker and play fundamental football, 4.5 turnovers per game cannot win you many games with two, 6+ turnover games, also. Block better, tackle better, and take care of the ball wins games.

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

ND TITANS wrote:Our players have to see all the armchair qb's on here, they know we always do what our game plan calls for. We have been well balanced the last 4 years and we will continue to be well balanced. ND has to get stronger and quicker and play fundamental football, 4.5 turnovers per game cannot win you many games with two, 6+ turnover games, also. Block better, tackle better, and take care of the ball wins games.

I'm with you. Only got one more.

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

At Symmes Valley ND was far from their best. The running game was flat with a low passing completion percentage. However, the 21-7 loss doesn't tell the whole story. With 15 seconds left in the 1st half and the ball on the 50 yard line, for one play, ND's D must of went to sleep. Expecting Symmes to just run out the clock, they scampered around the end taking a 13-0 lead instead of 7-0 into half time. That one play probably changed the out come of the game.

Little things make a 4-6 season into 8-2 with post season play.
All things to remember for the 2010 season Titans.

Downtown
Freshman Team

Post by Downtown »

It still doesn't change the fact that you lost to Oak Hill 48-0.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Downtown wrote:It still doesn't change the fact that you lost to Oak Hill 48-0.

I don't see the shame in that.
Oak Hill beat three playoff teams this year. They almost beat Coal Grove and Symmes Valley worse than that.

Will Oak Hill beat ND this year? It very probable. I don't see why Oak Hill or an Oak Hill fan would cherish this win from this season more than wins against Coal Grove, Minford, or even Symmes Valley - all playoff teams.

texas dancer
Riding the Bench

Post by texas dancer »

Id like to see ND come out next year and surprise alot of people who dont seem to faith in them and their abilities.

TitanPride
Freshman Team

Post by TitanPride »

The big question i want to know is who is going to fill in the Emnett boys spot on offense and defense.

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

I'm still, as is most if not all, with the opinion that Coach Sammons Air Offense must be employed for ND to have a deep play off run.
ND's future is with the pass, and not only for this year, there is another QB that will be a freshman that is of the same caliber as the current QB. And just like the current team, his class has receivers.
Sammons for head coach.

Downtown
Freshman Team

Post by Downtown »

I could see Notre Dame being around 5-5 this year.

Goinback2cali
Waterboy

Post by Goinback2cali »

Will Hannah even play this year?

The Game
Waterboy

Post by The Game »

Goinback2cali wrote:Will Hannah even play this year?

Good question. He is an awesome pitcher for the Titans with a great curve ball. One would think his best shot at a scholarship would be on the mound as compared to under center. He is currently wearing a brace on his elbow (throwing arm) so I guess time will tell. Brock is a competitor and a very good quarterback. Guess we will just have to wait and see what transpires between now and camp. I'm betting he'll be taking snaps this fall for the Titans.

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

The Game wrote:Goinback2cali wrote:

Good question. He is an awesome pitcher for the Titans with a great curve ball. One would think his best shot at a scholarship would be on the mound as compared to under center. He is currently wearing a brace on his elbow (throwing arm) so I guess time will tell. Brock is a competitor and a very good quarterback. Guess we will just have to wait and see what transpires between now and camp. I'm betting he'll be taking snaps this fall for the Titans.

Here's praying you win your bet. I'm sure Brock appreciates your comments. It is my understanding that Brock's rehab is progressing better than expected.

photo_electric_guy
JV Team

Post by photo_electric_guy »

I can speak for the Milani boy and he is playing this year. I know that he has been attending conditioning and I believe is looking forward to playing. I'm kinda close to him. Hope that he can help make a difference this year.

The Game
Waterboy

Post by The Game »

gwell wrote:
The Game wrote:Goinback2cali wrote:

Here's praying you win your bet. I'm sure Brock appreciates your comments. It is my understanding that Brock's rehab is progressing better than expected.

Prayer is always a good thing. It will be a tough road back for Brock, but he can do it. This is an excellent group of seniors, with an excellent supporting cast of under classmen, for the 2010 season, here's praying Brock will be there with them ready to go in week one!

sportsfan1999
Waterboy

Post by sportsfan1999 »

I am praying for a complete recovery of Brocks arm. If hard work and determination mean anything, hell be back on the field in whatever position hes capable of playing. Hang in there Brock, you can do it.

Return to “Football”