Re: Week 5 Ironton @ Gallipolis

Post by Mighty Mighty Devils »

Gallia Academy Blue Devils-0

Ironton Tigers- 0. 17 sec till halftime

tk421
Varsity

Post by tk421 »

Sounds like Ironton not playing well for the 2nd week in a row. Lots of sacks and turnover on downs and two interceptions thrown. We can't pass block at all.

Mighty Mighty Devils
All Conference

Post by Mighty Mighty Devils »

Gallia Academy Blue Devils-0

Ironton Tigers- 0. halftime

bettis
Varsity

Post by bettis »

Gallipolis defense tough tonight!

brutus161
Waterboy

Post by brutus161 »

4th and goal play call was one of the worst I have ever seen. You rb is breaking off 4-7 yards per carry on the drive, and you attempt a pass?

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

First of all congratulations tigers.

Secondly i would like to congratulate coach Eddy on a great game plan and a well called game. I know tonight's game ended in a loss. But tonight the Blue Devils played with more confidence and composure then i have scene them play in a long time. Besides the one personal foul penalty on the devils i did not really see any mental mistakes tonight.

Tonight's team never panicked and played hard smart football game all night. we made several physical mistakes but not many mental ones. The no huddle offense and higher tempo really worked tonight. The short pass plays were open and designed well. It was a winning game plan on offense and defense tonight.

I think coach will take a lot of grief on the 4th down play. But with a sophomore quarterback and not really known for your passing game i think that play call took a lot of guts. I think it also took a lot of character. I think everyone in the house thought it was going to go to Brandon Taylor. I would of liked to of scene it. But i think if coach would of called a run and we came up short he would of heard about it being wrong also.

I think this showed that this program is on the right track even though we will have those that really disagree with me on that. This team has gotten better and grown every week if we continue that someone will have to play awful well to beat us in league play.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

One of the worse calls I've ever seen in football. Ironton should thank our coaching staff for that win....TERRIBLE>>>>>

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

ironton broke a long run when the game was on the line. the blue cant punch it in on the goal line. what a call.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

GAHS7462 wrote:One of the worse calls I've ever seen in football. Ironton should thank our coaching staff for that win....TERRIBLE>>>>>
The players left it all on the field, great great effort by players.... They should have let the players on the field call the last play... I agree with ya 74, head coach went Brain dead...

GAHS83
JV Team

Post by GAHS83 »

kvnchambers wrote:First of all congratulations tigers.

Secondly i would like to congratulate coach Eddy on a great game plan and a well called game. I know tonight's game ended in a loss. But tonight the Blue Devils played with more confidence and composure then i have scene them play in a long time. Besides the one personal foul penalty on the devils i did not really see any mental mistakes tonight.

Tonight's team never panicked and played hard smart football game all night. we made several physical mistakes but not many mental ones. The no huddle offense and higher tempo really worked tonight. The short pass plays were open and designed well. It was a winning game plan on offense and defense tonight.

I think coach will take a lot of grief on the 4th down play. But with a sophomore quarterback and not really known for your passing game i think that play call took a lot of guts. I think it also took a lot of character. I think everyone in the house thought it was going to go to Brandon Taylor. I would of liked to of scene it. But i think if coach would of called a run and we came up short he would of heard about it being wrong also.

I think this showed that this program is on the right track even though we will have those that really disagree with me on that. This team has gotten better and grown every week if we continue that someone will have to play awful well to beat us in league play.

Wow! I couldn't disagree more. I thought our defensive game plan was excellent, but our offensive game plan was simply awful. The only times we've moved the ball consistently all year is through the power running game. It almost seems as if the coaching staff is too proud to run a simple power game. They seem to be in love with being a speed team trying to throw and running slow developing plays and sweeps that we just don't have the speed to be good at. We weren't incredibly successful the whole game running, but we were moving the ball. It took us until 8 min. left in the 4th quarter to try to run the ball and we marched right down the field What if we had pounded the ball like that all night. We could have shortened the game, wore down the line that we were pushing around late in the game and scored a couple of times.

We had 1st and goal inside our own 10, Taylor pops a run out to midfield. Then incomplete, incomplete, incomplete, punt. Pathetic!

As far as the goal line play at the end, if you don't want to give it to Taylor fine, but AT LEAST play fake it to Taylor! I don't think we have any concept of what a play action pass is!!!

I couldn't be more disappointed for our boys. They played their hearts out and weren't even given a proper chance to succeed because of our playcalling.

I'm completely in Coach Eddy's corner, but something needs shaken up with the offensive staff.

GAHS83
JV Team

Post by GAHS83 »

I want to apologize to any Ironton fans/players reading my last post. I completely forgot to give the Tigers credit. They overcame many mistakes, played hard and perservered to get the win. Congratulations.

Blue_Steel
Freshman Team

Post by Blue_Steel »

Hold on guys, the play calling and the plays got them to that point. No one outside of the team really gave them much of a chance. Give credit and only credit. Everyone expected a drop off losing so many skill players from last year. Now with all the adversity they have overcame you wanna complain about 1 call?

Blue_Steel
Freshman Team

Post by Blue_Steel »

GAHS83, think back they mixed run and pass, and what opened the running game up in the 4th was the fact that they were able to pass a little. it spread Ironton out opening up the middle for those runs. if we lined up tight and pounded it those holes wouldnt have been there. Give the guys on the field and sidelines a lot of credit. How long has it been when any of you thought we should have won any game vs Itown?

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

GAHS83 wrote:I want to apologize to any Ironton fans/players reading my last post. I completely forgot to give the Tigers credit. They overcame many mistakes, played hard and perservered to get the win. Congratulations.
Good post 83.. But don't forget our head coach is a micro-manager and everything runs through him....

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

long live the WING T

Blue_Steel
Freshman Team

Post by Blue_Steel »

Remember kids read this crap. Be positive, they have over come and now you guys want to point fingers at coaches for play calls and get the kids to 2nd quess the staff and such. they played great, leave it at that!

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

I only disagree with you because i think the fact that we didn't pound it all night is what opened it up in the last series. We kept them from putting 8 or 9 in the box almost all night. We ran on first down for one yard. we ran on third down for about 2.5 yards. I think there would be same comments on here if we would of ran and they stuffed it. I can show you all the posts where were not imaginative. That we cant mix it up or spread the field. Like i said i would of liked to have given Brandon Taylor a shot at it. But when i think the game plan and calls all night were great i am not going to say the last play was horrible just cause i didn't like it.

And if we would even of completed half the passes to kids that hit there hands in wide open territory we would of moved the ball all night. We just didn't execute well at times tonight but it wasn't do to effort or lack of composure or discipline which has been the case a lot in big games the last 10 years

Blue_Steel
Freshman Team

Post by Blue_Steel »

Just watched last play again, kids open in end zone, the play was open. the call was there.

the same people complaining about wing T and no imagination etc are now complaining we should have lined up tight and smashed mouthed it. there's just no pleasing some people.
Last edited by Blue_Steel on Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

91blue14 wrote:long live the WING T
How can ya say that with a straight face.....LOL....We now run a combination between the wing -tee, power-I, full house backfield & Spread.... It's funny how everyone hated the spread a few years ago, but now it is the greatest and most successful formation we run....LOL

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Blue_Steel wrote:Just watched last play again, 2 kids open in end zone, missed assignment on left, the play was open. I too would have liked to see Taylor run it, but the call was there.

the same people complaining about wing T and no imagination etc are now complaining we should have lined up tight and smashed mouthed it. there's just no pleasing some people.
We will never improve our program offensively running the Wing-tee...

Return to “Football”