Coal Grove-Trimble football game IS postponed!

Vision Quest
Freshman Team

Re: Coal Grove-Trimble football game IS postponed!

Post by Vision Quest »

gecko wrote:Heard in Trimble that there will be no make up game. Playing 3 games in 7 days is not realistic in football. Looks like both schools will have a 9 game schedule this year.
From the Ironton Tribune.com on postponement:

Coal Grove football game postponed
Published 12:05am Saturday, September 17, 2011
Email Comments

COAL GROVE — Due to an outbreak of viral meningitis in the Dawson-Bryant school system, the Glouster Trimble at Coal Grove football game was postponed Friday and rescheduled for Monday, Oct. 17.

Coal Grove will play at River Valley on Friday, Oct. 14, and host Fairland on Friday, Oct. 21, thus forcing the Hornets to play three games in eight days.

“It’s not ideal, but it’s better than not having the game,” said Coal Grove athletics director Bryan Mulkey.

Coal Grove’s next game is this Friday at home against Columbus Bishop Ready.

Vision Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Vision Quest »

A-Town Big Dog wrote:IF the Lawrenc Co. health dept gave the go ahead to play this game and Trimble opted not to play and the game isn't played at a later date would that constitute a forfeit by Trimble? I would almost think that if the game could have been played according to the health officals that it would be a possability for a forfeit to be granted to Coal Grove. I'm not saying I disagree with the decision to not play, I'm just wondering what the chances are that this could happen? I don't know.
No. According to OHSAA bylaws, a game must be started for a forfeit to be declared. If the game isn't started, it is considered a no contest and I believe counted as an open date.

tomcatdad
JV Team

Post by tomcatdad »

Vision Quest wrote:
gecko wrote:Heard in Trimble that there will be no make up game. Playing 3 games in 7 days is not realistic in football. Looks like both schools will have a 9 game schedule this year.
From the Ironton Tribune.com on postponement:

Coal Grove football game postponed
Published 12:05am Saturday, September 17, 2011
Email Comments

COAL GROVE — Due to an outbreak of viral meningitis in the Dawson-Bryant school system, the Glouster Trimble at Coal Grove football game was postponed Friday and rescheduled for Monday, Oct. 17.

Coal Grove will play at River Valley on Friday, Oct. 14, and host Fairland on Friday, Oct. 21, thus forcing the Hornets to play three games in eight days.

“It’s not ideal, but it’s better than not having the game,” said Coal Grove athletics director Bryan Mulkey.

the game is not being made up on the 17th,,probably wont be made up...its unrealistic to think they could play 3 games in 8 days.

Coal Grove’s next game is this Friday at home against Columbus Bishop Ready.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Coal grove good luck with ready your going to need it...

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

It amazes me how ignorant people are. This was a high school football game,why take a chance on kids getting sick?

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Post by ZacBrownBand »

I saw this on WSAZ last night, a good ball club in CG will have a tough challenge with those quick 3 games. Hope for the best for all

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

HOPEFULLY THIS GAME DOESN'T MESS UP THE PLAYOFF PICTURE TO BADLY ...

For Trimble: 4 of the top 10 teams in D-VI, region 23 lost Friday - A win over Coal Grove and the 'Cats would have been back in business.

This game also throws a bit of a monkey wrench into Nelsonville-York and Athens' playoff picture ... A Coal Grove win would have helped Athens, since the 'Dogs beat Coal Grove in week 2 - and a Trimble win would have helped the Buckeyes, who beat the 'Cats week 1.

TVC PLAYOFF PICTURE

http://trivalleyconference.com/Schedules.html

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Wow, Coal Grove is playing Ready too? Good luck representing southeastern Ohio, but I want NY to have the Ready second level points! Same reason I have to cheer on Trimble whenever the Coal Grove game is played! :)

Coal Grove and NY are playing 4 similar teams out of 10 games - Athens, Meigs, Trimble, and Bishop Ready.

I agree that it was probably best to postpone the game. Better safe than sorry. Even if the risk was minimal at best, had someone contracted the virus at the game, it would have really looked bad on administrators from both schools.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

it really dont matter..If Ny would beat athens they will get coal grove points anyways..

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Post by ZacBrownBand »

Here's the WSAZ article if anyone is interested

http://www.wsaz.com/newsohio/headlines/ ... 16603.html

Cruiser74
Waterboy

Post by Cruiser74 »

Why play Ready friday? Thay are loading up on your team as we speak. They bring players into the program every week. Skip them and play a non cheating team instead. They just want the points you will give them.

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

Again the report I got from Trimble is that the game will not be made up at all and both teams will have a 9 game schedule.
I for one think it is crazy to ask any team to play 3 games in 8 days. Who would think a contact sport would be played on Friday, Monday, and Friday again. ITs not like we are playing basketball here.
Anyword from down coal grove way.
I heard coal grove wanted to play on the 17th of October but Trimble already declined this contract.

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

Just Checked the OHSAA web site and on schedules it has already removed Trimble from the Coal Grove schedule and likewise on the Trimble schedule. So unfortunately for the sickness and for the kids it looks like both teams will only have a 9 game schedule. Good luck to both teams and hope all kids involved get healthy from the sickness.

gogrove9
JV Team

Post by gogrove9 »

Does anyone know if the contract was for 2 or 4 years? If it is for 4 will Trimble travel next year or will Coal Grove?

educamatters
Waterboy

Post by educamatters »

Trimble must have figured their playoff points out. Them NOT playing this game gives them a better chance of making the playoffs. They figured this game would have been a loss and found the perfect excuse to get out.

rico suave
Freshman Team

Post by rico suave »

this is last yr. of contract trimble didn't want to re up. this game should be played, wsaz blew this way out of proportion. i figured trimble would back out of this game in the end, sad.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

gecko wrote:Again the report I got from Trimble is that the game will not be made up at all and both teams will have a 9 game schedule.
I for one think it is crazy to ask any team to play 3 games in 8 days. Who would think a contact sport would be played on Friday, Monday, and Friday again. ITs not like we are playing basketball here.
Anyword from down coal grove way.
I heard coal grove wanted to play on the 17th of October but Trimble already declined this contract.
We were told October 17th, if Trimble doesn't accept that date then in my mind that is not a cancellation but instead that would be a forfeit by Trimble. I just think it is sad this game was not played because a school went on some misinformation from WSAZ. I will once again say it, our kids are fine and there was nothing to worry about.

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

Game has to Start before it can be a forfeit

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Safe for the kids blah blah. Trimble knew they would get beat and got a free pass out of it

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

G.W.A. wrote:Safe for the kids blah blah. Trimble knew they would get beat and got a free pass out of it

Do you really think Trimble people care what you say after you got busted out lying about been an all stater? :lol:

Return to “Football”