5 Minford players receive All-State Recognition

Incognito
Varsity

5 Minford players receive All-State Recognition

Post by Incognito »

Congrats to Tyler Gaines on making First Team All-Ohio at LB and to Aaron Oesch for making Third Team All-Ohio at QB. Also, congrats to Mark Slone, T.J. Alley and Matt Gilliam on getting Special Mention!

Wonder where Thurdston Howell III is so he can bash Tyler some more.
Last edited by Incognito on Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Re: Congrats to Tyler Gaines and Aaron Oesch

Post by bushmaster24 »

great job guys...

RogueWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by RogueWarrior »

Incognito wrote:Congrats to Tyler on making First Team All-Ohio at LB and to Aaron Oesch for making Third Team All-Ohio at QB. Good Job guys!

Wonder where Turdston Howell III is so he can bash Tyler some more.

I never bashed your brother. i said what many are saying about family coaching ties being involved. why dont you plug the other 3 Falcons that made allstate? Sloan, Gillium, and Alley made it to and should be recognized. based on who made the teams in other divisions it is obvious politics get involved. no need to mention names but some are so obvious. yes indeed.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

ThurstonHowellIII wrote:
Incognito wrote:Congrats to Tyler on making First Team All-Ohio at LB and to Aaron Oesch for making Third Team All-Ohio at QB. Good Job guys!

Wonder where Turdston Howell III is so he can bash Tyler some more.

I never bashed your brother. i said what many are saying about family coaching ties being involved. why dont you plug the other 3 Falcons that made allstate? Sloan, Gillium, and Alley made it to and should be recognized. based on who made the teams in other divisions it is obvious politics get involved. no need to mention names but some are so obvious. yes indeed.

Brother? More like a friend and yes your right about the other Falcons ctrl+f Minford just showed Tyler and Aaron. I still do not know where your getting coaching ties being involved in selections. All-Ohio along with All-District are determined by the press, yes on recomendation from the coach, who sends in a list of players. But nevertheless the press picks them. So what if one your starting LB's is the nephew of the Head Coach and Dad is an assistant? I gurantee it's not the first time a sucessful player has had family members on the high school staff,especially in a small town like Minford.

RogueWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by RogueWarrior »

Incognito wrote: Brother? More like a friend and yes your right about the other Falcons ctrl+f Minford just showed Tyler and Aaron.

You have claimed him on other posts you have made so why are you denying him now. What does ctrl+f Minford just showed Tyler and Aaron mean? there was 5 from Minford that made allstate. come on give them all some credit and plug someone besides your "friend". not just because of your "friend" but the all ohio team lost alot of credibility this year with some of the picks. no need to name names but some should not have made honorable mention much less 1st 2nd or 3rd team. some players had the worst year of their HS career and they made 1st 2nd or 3rd team? please! fyi, this doesnt apply to your "friend" cuz i do think he had a great season and once he was all district def player of the year it was almost certain he would be 1st or 2nd team. i do hope for him he has as good or better season next year so there is not a let down. i would guess there will continue to be showcasing next year. trust me i never bashed your "friend" just the politics that played in some of the picks.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

Claimed? No, Im good friends with their family, Ethan and Tyler both. Ctrl+F is a used to Find certain terms on a webpage. ctrl+F Minford shows searches the page for anything with Minford . Thus, showing only Oesch and Gaines,while the others were just listed as names without Minford.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

THIII, wow .. can you not find anything good to say about all these young men ... get off the GAINES kid i guess the coaches that PICKED the PDT.. that seen or played against MINFORD and seen this young man play are wrong also...you can IF and BUT allday long ... if you my friend are from MINFORD you are a sad SOB.. sounds like to me YOU tried and faild at sports.. then tried to live your life through your kid in sports and it failed also....GREAT JOB TO ALL THESE YOUNG MEN.. let people like dip poop fuel your fire ......

RogueWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by RogueWarrior »

Incognito wrote: Ctrl+F is a used to Find certain terms on a webpage. ctrl+F Minford shows searches the page for anything with Minford . Thus, showing only Oesch and Gaines,while the others were just listed as names without Minford.

I know what ctrl+f means but didnt know why you put it in your post. i dont know where you looked but all the articles I saw had names and schools listed so try another excuse. give them all credit not just your "friend".

bushmaster24 wrote:THIII, wow .. can you not find anything good to say about all these young men ... GREAT JOB TO ALL THESE YOUNG MEN.. ..

i did. your "buddy" incognito only mentioned 2. i mentioned the others. i am happy for all the kids that made it but it is evident politics and "names" factored into it. especially for some who had sub-par seasons compared to the past couple of years. once again this is not in reference to your "friend" but how the picks are made.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

please, fill me in on how you think politics and a name has somthing to do with these young men ?? making any of these teams?? i have been around alot of coaches that coach thier own.. they seem to be harder on them than the other kids.. as a matter of FACT i talked to tylers father last night at b-ball game .. yes he is on the staff but did not have not one vote for any award that tyler won...the players pick all team awards.. and others he found out the day of just like every one else...he said tyler was 4th string lb going into the year.. he was not asked one time about all-district or all-ohio.......and also minford plays b-ball tonight at home .. GARY will be thier watching iam sure he would love to answer your concerns.. on the other hand if i know him he would prob . :lol: at your dumb ass

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

You act as if this was some big conspiracy to leave off Slone, Cheese and Alley trust me it wasnt. It was an honest mistake. I have already congratulated them on their accomplishment since they all are my "friends". Since my excluding them in the topic header was an honest mistake I will ask a mod to delete it and ill create a new one since it bothers you o so much

RogueWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by RogueWarrior »

Incognito wrote:You act as if this was some big conspiracy to leave off Slone, Cheese and Alley trust me it wasnt. It was an honest mistake. I have already congratulated them on their accomplishment since they all are my "friends". Since my excluding them in the topic header was an honest mistake I will ask a mod to delete it and ill create a new one since it bothers you o so much

Nice to see you admit a mistake. didnt bother me as much as did the fake front you put on. congrats to all the kids. see you next year.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

Fake front? O lord....

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

ThurstonHowellIII wrote:
Incognito wrote:You act as if this was some big conspiracy to leave off Slone, Cheese and Alley trust me it wasnt. It was an honest mistake. I have already congratulated them on their accomplishment since they all are my "friends". Since my excluding them in the topic header was an honest mistake I will ask a mod to delete it and ill create a new one since it bothers you o so much

Nice to see you admit a mistake. didnt bother me as much as did the fake front you put on. congrats to all the kids. see you next year.

Incognito wrote:Fake front? O lord....

My goodness Thurston you are a conspiracy theorist lol. Congrats to all the Falcons that made the list, it's nice to finally see Minford get some love from the powers that be.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

FIDO wrote:You should be able to change it by editing the original post.

Hmm... Learn something new everyday! Thanks

Hear No Evil
Waterboy

Re: 5 Minford players receive All-State Recognition

Post by Hear No Evil »

I just want to say CONGRATS!to all the Minford players on a great season. But as I read all these post about how awards are won depending on "who you know" or "if you have a relative coaching" make me sad. Why don't you people take the accomplishments of the players into consideration. I have been around football alot, and I know how awards are won, it's on the field. I'm sure Tyler deserves this award, as well as all the other players, or they would not have won it. The coaches have nothing to do with the awards, they submit the stats, and thats all. I just hope these kids don't get on here and read all the negative things being said and enjoy their accomplishment while it last, and don't think any different about themselves, because they won these awards fair and square. I don't know any of these kids, but it seems all the negative comments are surrronding Tyler Gaines, so I say to him, "Keep your head held high, and keep your outlook bright, better things are sure to happen"! :12223

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

Thurston please grow up, did someone related to gaines take your spot on the team or something? You say it's nothing against the gaines kid yet everytime he is mentioned for winning an award you start crying and saying its some kind of conspiracy? Just please explain why a kid who led his team in tackles and was hands down the D's impact player (on a soc championship team) doesn't deserve any of these awards? I guess Derek Roback shouldn't get a scholarship to play cfb since his dad is a coach at waverly and their offense is desined around him? Maybe the OHSAA should ban all coaches who have relatives from coaching? :roll:

Congrats to EVERY player who received All-State awards!

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Congrats to all 5 Minford players for All-State honors. A special congratulations goes out to Tyler Gaines for being placed on 1st team All-State. On top of that, he was the only Sophomore chosen on the 1st team and 2nd Team combined! Now, how great is that! Watch out for the next two years SOC!

jungle cat
Freshman Team

Post by jungle cat »

ThurstonHowellIII
You have managed to criticize at least every sport including Player and Coaches. Why don’t you become a fan for another school! Really no one in Minford wants you at a game little less giving anyone your insight on the sport. Maybe if you don’t quite understand take your kid to another school where he can play. All you do is start trouble and you are the problem in Minford. So leave!

RogueWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by RogueWarrior »

jungle cat wrote:ThurstonHowellIII
You have managed to criticize at least every sport including Player and Coaches. Why don’t you become a fan for another school! Really no one in Minford wants you at a game little less giving anyone your insight on the sport. Maybe if you don’t quite understand take your kid to another school where he can play. All you do is start trouble and you are the problem in Minford. So leave!

never criticized players or coaches. stated a fact about some issues i heard about with the baseball team last year. there must be some truth to what i heard since there were barely 1/2 the kids there was the year before. like i said then, ask the kids why they didnt come back. sometimes people dont like the truth. what i said about district teams and all state teams was what many think but didnt want to post. nothing against any kid as I am happy for all of them. voting was just a little questionable and not just in div v. i do like how all you minford "friends" pile on. too funny and you make it so obvious.

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

Congrats to the Minford seniors on their accomplishments and awards. I remember when Aaron and TJ came in as sophomores for their first varsity game, their eyes were as big as saucers. Cheese youve been a good friend of mine since you came from Valley, your hard work in the weight room definitely payed dividends. Slone, I suppose there was a reason you couldnt handle a snap at QB as a freshman and playing fullback was it! Lastly, Tyler I've watched you play football since you were in diapers and knew you would be a good one, but not this quickly! Of course we wouldnt expect nothing less from you. Good luck to all the Seniors this year in their chosen careers after graduation. Enjoy it now because as the saying goes, Life Sucks!

Thurston Howell III,
I do have friends on here that post regularly and they got pretty upset about what you were saying. They have known Tyler for almost as long as me. But, this is America and you have your right to an opinion. However, I will tell you that if you knew my family, we always strive to be successful.We werent blessed with size so we make up for it with hard work and heart. Coach Daniels has never handed us anything and certainly not Tyler. Politics play no decision on starters and awards. The only awards picked by the coach is SOC and who wouldnt put the leading tackler of your defense on the first team? Like I said earlier you have a right to your own opinion and I respect that. Tyler received the awards and they cannot be taken away from him. Hopefully, next year he will be able to repeat his success and maybe change your opinion on who shouldve or shouldnt have got what.
Sincerely,
Ethan Gaines

Return to “Football”