Jackson Ironmen - 2010

ironman93
Waterboy

Jackson Ironmen - 2010

Post by ironman93 »

who do You think the starters will be. the Ironmen half to replace some starters.any ideas who will start.give me some ideas of who You think will be Qb wr te and their line?

Crazy Legs
Freshman Team

Re: Ironmen 2010

Post by Crazy Legs »

Any Transfers :?: :?: for qb

WR's Winchester,Costlow,
RB Ervin, others
Line never a problem at Jackson,
Kicker?

ironman93
Waterboy

Post by ironman93 »

well what about johnson coming back. i've heard irvin as Qb but i heard a kid from Wv might be coming. and luke will be a good kicker

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Not sure what will happen at QB. Where is this kid supposedly coming from in WV?

RBs...Ervin (unless he's the QB), Arthur, and Meredith all return. There are also guys like Paul Simon and OJ Barr who could contribute in the backfield.

WRs...Winchester is back, along with Costilow and McNelly. Hopefully Britton Johnson is able to return after suffering that terrible arm injury last season. Jeffers will probably play at TE.

O-Line...Speakman will be back, along with Kearns and Bubba Landrum. Austin Landrum will also be there.

D-Line...Barr returns at NG, Paul Simon saw time at DE last year, both Landrums played at DT also. Will Paul Canter and Dewey Steppe be back next season after their shoulder injuries?

LBs...Tyler Jeffers returns, Ervin and Arthur are back as well.

DBs...Winchester and Meredith are back. Not sure who else could end up at the other CB position.

K...Eisnaugle should do very well.

Still really early. There are a lot of younger guys that I didn't mention who could step up and see playing time at various positions. Just hope that the numbers increase and everybody that contributed last year comes bacl again. This team has the potential to contend for the SEOAL title, in my opinion.

ironman93
Waterboy

Re: Jackson Ironmen - 2010

Post by ironman93 »

i hate heard that dewey is not going to play next year and that paul is still thinking about it. but the Ironmen have Alot of young Kids who can step up and replace them.

ActionJackson
Waterboy

Post by ActionJackson »

Ervin will be QB

JacksonI
Freshman Team

Post by JacksonI »

Biggest concern is who will play QB, in all honesty it will either be Ervin or Winchester. Both has played QB in the past. However I think Drew is a great runner and should stay in the backkfield. However I have heard of a kid from Wv or Kentucky coming up to jackson to play but i cant however confirm that. What i do know is that yes speakman will be back IF and only IF he can keep up the classroom work, this kid has a ton of potential but really needs to apply himself. Bubba will be back in the mix at right tackle on offense and he was a force to reckoned with, he has been in the weight room everyday taking over the leadership role and getting stronger each day. Another person i see a good bit of potential in is Kearns last year maybe it was the fact that it was his first year starting but i felt he struggled some bit. I think this year he will step it up after some off the field issues a few weeks back, however im not sure if he will be playing left tackle OR taking the center role. Im also not sure who will fill in the other o-line positions Jacksons o-line was some what consistant this past year. Another thing that i have been hearing everyone talking about is....what are we going to do without a Mullins kicker at Jackson, well if Luke keeps working at it can be a successful kicker, Drive and self-determination will help this. Right now Luke is focused with basketball but after basketball i heard that Ryan (Mullins) will be practicing with him kicking...Anything else i can help with let me know.

gunit
Freshman Team

Post by gunit »

Any transfers from Scioto County in the mix for the Ironmen next season?? Heard some from the Burg might be coming to Jackson

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I heard something back during football season about a kid transferring from Burg for next year, but I have no idea if that is even remotely true. I wouldn't want to speculate because of that.

JacksonI
Freshman Team

Post by JacksonI »

Im not sure about any of these transfers...we'll know more in the future

ironman93
Waterboy

Post by ironman93 »

i havent heard about any tranfers from burg. but maybe they can get someone good

bobcatfan4728
Freshman Team

Post by bobcatfan4728 »

ironman93 wrote:i havent heard about any tranfers from burg. but maybe they can get someone good

Is jackson offering scholarships? With all the transfer talk recuirting seems to be good at jackson.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Yeah, because kids never transfer anywhere or move. That never happens at any other school, just Jackson.

JacksonI
Freshman Team

Post by JacksonI »

I can confirm that Nick Dye will be back in the mix this year. If this kid can get the football essentials down he could be a very good lineman. I look for him to get some time at one of the guards and maybe even on the d-line.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Jackson should be in the hunt for the SEOAL title this year.
No recruiting here , they dont have to.Come on people all this talk gets old.

Ironmen32
JV Team

Post by Ironmen32 »

Ervin will be QB I have also heard about a transfer from Russell KY, BUT HE MIGHT NOT BE COMING UNTIL NEXT YEAR. :?: :?: :?:

Ironmen32
JV Team

Post by Ironmen32 »

Dye would be a great help for the line he is big, strong, and fast. :-D :-D :-D

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

If Drew would get the nod for QB who would the tailbacks most likely be? I don't really see him moving to QB. We may be nurturing a sophmore QB that definetly has potential at QB but may struggle at the varsity level somewhat his first year. I don't see Kip moving as he is valuable at WR as is McNelly. I guess time and spring and summer training will tell us or dictate what the Ironmen will do for the 10-11 season. I do think that the offense and defense will come out of the gate quicker being year 2 under Coach Hall.
I seen someone mention Dye. He would definetly be an asset but as is the case with many talented players the grades must be where they are needed. That will be up to the athletes. How bad do they want to play! I also heard that Eric Davis may be interested in playing. If he set his mind to it, he would be an absolute animal at his size but in the past really didn't play up to his potential. Hopefully a few years off will make the difference with him IF he would decide to play. Hopefully he will.
Time will tell!
Go Ironmen!!!!!! :mrgreen:

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

camnott,

If Ervin moved to QB, I assume Meredith would handle the TB duties for the most part.

You bring up a good point about Morgan Landrum, the sophomore-to-be QB. I watched him play in quite a few frosh and JV games this season and he's going to be a great player. It's hard to start at QB at the varsity level when you're a sophomore, but he may be able to do it. I'm not sure what he would be expected to do in the passing game, but I don't think there is a potential QB on the roster that has the arm of Wandling or Eric Landrum from last season. Should be interesting to see what Coach Hall decides to do.

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

Jackson always has a good plan, no need for anyone to worry.

Return to “Football”