WHO BELIEVES STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS SHOULD BE IN COLUMBUS.

NY BUCKS
All State

Re: WHO BELIEVES STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS SHOULD BE IN COLUMBUS.

Post by NY BUCKS »

91blue14 wrote:yes they should be in columbus. they have shut the southern part of the state off from seeing great football. the drive to canton and massillon is just too far to freeze to death lol

Maybe they dont want TEAMS from SE OR SOUTHERN OHIO to come to them....
I think they should be columbus.....

bigboss
Riding the Bench

Post by bigboss »

I believe it would be SICK to play in the shoe.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

bigboss wrote:I believe it would be SICK to play in the shoe.

Thats good right??

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

whompascat wrote:It could be worse, we could drive 6 hours to get to the game like california or texas. The teams from the U.P in michigan drive over 6 hours to get to ford field. 3 hours isn't that bad.

We do drive five and a half from Ironton...almost as far as the Californians have to and look how big that state is...six hours from both ends of California would probably be about half way...midway point in Ohio is just over 2 and a half...Wonder why no one can figure this out at the state level...maybe too many $$$dollar signs in their faces to allow them to see what is fair to the Student Athletes of the State...and the Taxpayers?
Last edited by TIGERS90 on Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

bigboss wrote:I believe it would be SICK to play in the shoe.

You must not have ever watched a game at the shoe...or for that matter been to the Shoe...When I was younger..and watching the games at the shoe..which I did from '82 through '89...I enjoyed every minute of it...also many kids never get the chance to watch a game in Ohio Stadium...let alone play in it..and to me it was a real thrill to be able to say we played in the state championship game at Ohio Stadium...This gives not just kids but many adults the chance to actually watch football in the best stadium on earth...To me it's a thrill every time I step inside that stadium...I am sure it would be awesome to those who never have...especially those who would get the chance as high school kids to play on it...

If the state is going to keep the games in the far corner's of the state...why don't they at least rotate them...and play the games where people could feel like they couldn't play unless they reached such a goal...maybe Brown's Stadium...Bengals Stadium...and as far as north-west and South-east...I am sure we would both settle on playing at the Horseshoe...

Most all States...not all...but most that have good programs play their Championship Games at Professional Stadiums...they make a big deal out of it..and reward the teams by allowing them to play in a place that most kids would only dream about playing...

As far as things are now though...Ohio High School's best teams get the wonderful opportunity to have the memories of playing for a state championship at one of two high school fields in the far Northeast Corner of the State in Dirty Cleveland!!!...WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!...Kinda reminds me of the show Let's Make a Deal...and we just got ZONKED!!...and the OHSAA is holding onto the money

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

^^^^^
"Sick" is a good thing now.lol

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

bengalfan76 wrote:^^^^^
"Sick" is a good thing now.lol

Sorry...too old to understand the new language...lol :lol:

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

[quote="TIGERS90"]As far as things are now though...Ohio High School's best teams get the wonderful opportunity to have the memories of playing for a state championship at one of two high school fields in the far Northeast Corner of the State in Dirty Cleveland!!!...WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!

Ask those kids that are getting that chance to play in that game if they care that it's in one of the best high school fields in the country or the shoe. They aren't giving to give a crap..b/c they are playing in the best game in the country regardless of where it's at! So..regardless of where it is..they will indeed have wonderful memories of it. And..for the record..again..Stark County isn't Cleveland. ;-) Plus..it's still 2 hours away from the FAR Northeast Corner of the state. :mrgreen:

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

Public schools don't have a chance anymore in football...So no matter where they hold them i won't be going.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

gochiefs wrote:Ask those kids that are getting that chance to play in that game if they care that it's in one of the best high school fields in the country or the shoe. They aren't giving to give a crap..b/c they are playing in the best game in the country regardless of where it's at! So..regardless of where it is..they will indeed have wonderful memories of it. And..for the record..again..Stark County isn't Cleveland. ;-) Plus..it's still 2 hours away from the FAR Northeast Corner of the state. :mrgreen:

Ask the kids that played in the '89 championship game how special it was to win a championship period and yes they will tell you it was awesome and a life time memory....ask them about playing in the shoe and they will tell you it was awesome and also another life time memory....

Ask the kids who played at Massillon or canton if winning a championship was awesome...and they will tell you of course...but was playing at either high school field something they are going to tell their grandchildren about one day...I will bet you the answer will be no...I am sure they have probably played on better fields without making it to the championship...heck...Logan has a nicer field than either one of them...Jackson....for that matter Nelsonville York....and you don't have to make it to the championship to play there... :roll: :lol:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

TIGERS90 wrote:
gochiefs wrote:Ask those kids that are getting that chance to play in that game if they care that it's in one of the best high school fields in the country or the shoe. They aren't giving to give a crap..b/c they are playing in the best game in the country regardless of where it's at! So..regardless of where it is..they will indeed have wonderful memories of it. And..for the record..again..Stark County isn't Cleveland. ;-) Plus..it's still 2 hours away from the FAR Northeast Corner of the state. :mrgreen:

Ask the kids that played in the '89 championship game how special it was to win a championship period and yes they will tell you it was awesome and a life time memory....ask them about playing in the shoe and they will tell you it was awesome and also another life time memory....

Ask the kids who played at Massillon or canton if winning a championship was awesome...and they will tell you of course...but was playing at either high school field something they are going to tell their grandchildren about one day...I will bet you the answer will be no...I am sure they have probably played on better fields without making it to the championship...heck...Logan has a nicer field than either one of them...Jackson....for that matter Nelsonville York....and you don't have to make it to the championship to play there... :roll: :lol:

Now thats just funny!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is also a very good point. It's not like the kids are playing in top notch stadiums. I have heard that the big schools will be playing in Akrons new Stadium here soon but still it would be much nicer for them to play at THE Shoe!!! For that matter Crew Stadium is nicer than the 2 fields at Canton!

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
TIGERS90 wrote:

Now thats just funny!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is also a very good point. It's not like the kids are playing in top notch stadiums. I have heard that the big schools will be playing in Akrons new Stadium here soon but still it would be much nicer for them to play at THE Shoe!!! For that matter Crew Stadium is nicer than the 2 fields at Canton!

What gets me is they keep saying that Canton has soooo much history...well so does Southern Ohio...Maybe more...other than the Hall being there....Then the try to pull that the stadiums that they play in are so great...well we have some nice high school stadiums down here...they try to pull that the shoe is too big...but then they start saying that they want to play in the new Akron stadium...well if that is the case why not play at Athens at Ohio University...it is a great stadium for MAC Schools...I am sure it will be enough for High School..

But if they want to do the right thing...at Least move the games to the center of the state where everyone in the state can participate...and if they want to hold them in a cheaper place than the shoe...I am sure there are some fine High School Fields in the Center of the State that would blow those up north away....

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

i think they should move the title game every year. to 1 of the 4 quads of the state. everyone would have to travel a long distance 3 of the 4 yrs.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

1987chieftains wrote:i think they should move the title game every year. to 1 of the 4 quads of the state. everyone would have to travel a long distance 3 of the 4 yrs.

Thats how I think it should be done. I would like them to hold it in each part of the state. including central Ohio. :122245

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

i don't see why not. we'd have to travel way up north. it'd be a hoot to hear the ne part of the state whine about having to drive to the river to play at the tank in i-town for a game :shock: :lol:
i've read some complaining about stadium size too big, not big enough, makes the crowd look small etc.... there are some very nice and good sized high school stadiums in seo. lancaster, logan, jackson, p-town, the tank etc... i think all will hold 5 to 8,000+ fans. all are in football driven communities so the locals would also show up for it. i know i would drive to p-town or i-town to watch. move it every year to 1 quad of the state. 1 quad holds 1 div every year. start out with D1 in the ne, se D2, nw D3, central D4, and the sw D5. then rotate every year. that way every year your playing in a different part of the state. least chance of home advantages and no more 1 area of the state reaping in all the money and the spot light.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

the whole state has high school football. let the whole state join in and host teams from all over the state.

wowhesfast
Freshman Team

Post by wowhesfast »

As someone who has played in the shoe, I absolutely think that the game should be held there. What's special about playing a game in a high school stadium? Why not have it on the biggest stage in the center of the state. It make's the kids feel good and help em play better. Got to get em up, the State title is to frequently a blowout.

I would like to touch briefly on the perception that cleveland is a dirty poor city. It is. However, I have a feeling that some of the kids that play high school football in the land of cleve's 'burbs pay more for tuition a year than many of us make in the same period. There probably making fun of us on their boards as we speak. If it weren't for the bathrooms at the mistake on the lake it would have been a marvelous place to play and watch football. Can't say anything about the Cuyahoga, and I'm still very reluctant to take a dip in Lake Erie.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I really find this thread hilarious. The jealousy for Stark Co. is rampant. I am curious how you got to bashing Cleveland , a city an hour North of Canton & Massillon. I don't need to defend Cleveland, especially when you visit Cincy or Columbus and find their dirty undesirable neighborhoods, rusting industrial parks and squalor of poverty. But I note I have a friend who lives in a high rise condo downtown overlooking the Flats, a dining/night club area thats great fun. Just blocks away are the Jake for the Indians, a newer, beautiful stadium, the Browns new stadium and the Cav's new digs. I had a big boat that for years went to the greatest walleye fishery in the country on Lake Erie and traveled its length from the Islands in the West with Put-In-Bay to the East and Geneva on the Lake/Ashtabula/Conneaut. Cleveland has some of the greatest restaurants you'll find in the state, really first class. Museums. Theatre. Zoo. Parks & recreation. And the money you find ringing the city in the suburbs staggers the mind. For dirt poor, really dirty and lacking in developement SEO to be making these cracks is just plain ignorant . Cleveland has nothing to do with the games being in Stark Co. If you want to expose yourself for the hicks many demonstrate being, go right ahead. But the hate spewed in this thread shows how ignorant some of you are.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

Paladin wrote:I really find this thread hilarious. The jealousy for Stark Co. is rampant. I am curious how you got to bashing Cleveland , a city an hour North of Canton & Massillon. I don't need to defend Cleveland, especially when you visit Cincy or Columbus and find their dirty undesirable neighborhoods, rusting industrial parks and squalor of poverty. But I note I have a friend who lives in a high rise condo downtown overlooking the Flats, a dining/night club area thats great fun. Just blocks away are the Jake for the Indians, a newer, beautiful stadium, the Browns new stadium and the Cav's new digs. I had a big boat that for years went to the greatest walleye fishery in the country on Lake Erie and traveled its length from the Islands in the West with Put-In-Bay to the East and Geneva on the Lake/Ashtabula/Conneaut. Cleveland has some of the greatest restaurants you'll find in the state, really first class. Museums. Theatre. Zoo. Parks & recreation. And the money you find ringing the city in the suburbs staggers the mind. For dirt poor, really dirty and lacking in developement SEO to be making these cracks is just plain ignorant . Cleveland has nothing to do with the games being in Stark Co. If you want to expose yourself for the hicks many demonstrate being, go right ahead. But the hate spewed in this thread shows how ignorant some of you are.

I really don't like to socialize with people who talk about how intelligent they are and how wealthy they are...actually I have owned my share of businesses, I have a nice home, a nice income, nice job, three graduate degrees and I live in Ironton. I have friends who don't have degrees, don't do drugs, don't live in ran down trailers, well some of my friends might do that... :lol: , but they are still people...and money isn't what makes a person. I coach kids from all aspects of life..some have whatever they want...while some don't even have a parent to work with them on their homework at night when they are just 9 or 10 years old, actually some rarely even see parents...and count on their big brother or big sister to take care of them...or their coach. The comment about "Dirty Cleveland" came from watching an NFL game a few weeks back, don't remember the announcer, but it was as a laugh...I know as everyone on here knows, that Southeastern Ohio has for many years been the least developed part of the state of Ohio...Some parts of this area have trailer parks on it, some have trash...Some have nice homes, heck if you look at the new development in the Proctorville area they are building $1,000,000 homes everywhere...just across the river from Huntington, WV. As for the Cleveland area..many people have talked about our area for years, with the trailers and under developed land, it was irresistible when I heard the announcers on National TV talking about how dirty Cleveland was only to think that they are normally the ones pointing their fingers at us...and now they have had it pointed their way on national TV...yes we too are a part of the rust belt and hope to have new industry move in as often as we can, and hopefully help out the people who need good paying jobs to better afford to take care of their children...However...this post is about football and where the championship games should be played...

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that everyone in the state pays taxes and deserves their fair share in everything...including development..But when it comes to education and athletics...our student athletes in Southeastern Ohio and our parents and fans all deserve the same consideration as the schools in the North-East corner of Ohio...Money should not ever be a reason to hold the games nearly six hours away from any community, when there are plenty stadiums which can do just as good of a job as the ones they are playing in today...if not much better...

I love the idea of rotating the games...it would make for great attendance and the whole state could participate for a change...and if they had games in four corners of the state each year...every third year that division could play in the Horseshoe...that way with six divisions..two would play in Columbus while the rest would play in the other corners...what a great Idea...and talk about the money they would make..if that is what they are looking at... :o

Return to “Football”