SOC1 2010

Who wins in 2010?

Total votes: 0

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Re: SOC1 2010

Post by Charles Farquar »

Yes the schedule for the 7-3 team was different and Oak Hill did come up short that year, but one thing also has to be remembered this is not the same Oak Hill team as the one that went 7-3, the kids that are playing now that played then were freshmen and sophmores going against older kids and they have grown up in a lot of ways since then. Playing post season in football for the first time and last year in the state basketball game really had an influence on their mind set. They really do have an attitude that when they step out on the field they are very business like and dont let the other team get in their head. They believe they can win anytime they are on field. Maybe Burg, New Richmond, and Minford might prevail but they are also going to have their hands full with Oak Hill, its not a one sided affair. I dont think any of the Oak Hill staff would trade kids with anyone from Burg, Minford or New Richmond in a lot of positions. Those teams need to also be concerned with what Oak Hill brings to the table.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Charles Farquar,

I agree with you that this Oak Hill team will be better than the 08 team because they have had a chance to grow up, but the problem is this is the hardest schedule these boys have ever seen. I'll be interested to see how they do against a stronger schedule. I will say that the time they have Burg schedule for is perfect for the Oaks, as the Pirates will have a tough game with Ironton week 1 and a rivalry game with Portsmouth in week 3. It might be hard for the Pirates to bring their A game 3 weeks in a row, and I would think they will be more up for games against Ironton and Portsmouth then they would with Oak Hill, just because of the history they have with both schools.

I know last year I was critical of the Oaks weak schedule, this year they have stepped it up some but if they don't produce against the better teams on the schedule all will be for nothing.

If the oaks plan to continue making the playoffs after this season, I really think they need to look at getting out of the SOC 1. I don't know if they could work something out to move up like Valley did, or if they need to look at the TVC, or OVC. I just think if the Oaks are going to continue to try and make the D5 playoffs it would be in their best interest to get the D6 schools off the schedule.

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Post by Da Bears »

Please correct me if I am wrong . . . but there were a few on here who predicted Oak Hill to finish 7-3 or 8-2 last year. Oh, and then to get manhandled in the playoffs by a "tougher, stronger, more battle tested" Coal Grove team. Trimble, Minford and East would beat them is what the wise said. That weak schedule let them finish at #2 in the region. They beat the TVC Hocking champ, the SOC 2 champ, and in the playoffs they smashed the "tougher, stronger, more battle tested" blah blah blah OVC champ. Now that they have made everybody happy by upgrading the schedule, they are "predicted" to go 7-3 or 8-2 again. Guess we will see . . . :)

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

I will admit that the Oaks did better last year then I thought they would. I didn't think they would be able to beat Minford. They did and that was a great win for the Oaks.

You must however admit that Burg, Minford and New Richmond make this year’s schedule much harder. However over all it still isn't that hard. As I said earlier it will be interesting to see how they do against Burg, Minford and New Richmond ( I guess I don't know what they have coming back) this season. I just don't know if the Oaks are at a point where they can compete with quality opponents every week. They still won't have to this year but will have more on the schedule than they are accustom to having.
Personally I hope the Oaks can win enough to get in the playoffs, and pick up a first round win then maybe get a 2nd round game vs. Burg, Minford, or Valley down at the Trojan Coliseum.

TheDarkKnight
Freshman Team

Post by TheDarkKnight »

This conference is WEAK. :?

jacksonoaks
Freshman Team

Post by jacksonoaks »

the Oaks at worse should finish up the season 9-1
Minford couldnt beat them last year and will not this year.
they will beat the burg

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

jacksonoaks wrote:the Oaks at worse should finish up the season 9-1
Minford couldnt beat them last year and will not this year.
they will beat the burg

But this year the game is at Minford. Where there wont be phantom block in the back calls or QB hugging referee's... :122245 just messing with you...but not really.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

jacksonoaks wrote:the Oaks at worse should finish up the season 9-1
Don’t be overly confident. I'm not saying that 9-1 isn't possible, but it won't be easy.

jacksonoaks wrote:Minford couldnt beat them last year and will not this year.

Close win last year on home turf. Falcons will want some revenge. Last year Oak Hill had nothing to lose in this game.

jacksonoaks wrote:.
they will beat the burg

Bold statement; don't count your chickens before they have hatched. The Burg will be the best team the Oaks have ever faced. I don't know how he is doing after last year’s injury, but they have never played against an athlete like Shankwiler.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Symmes Valley 2010

Division H/A

8/27/2010
7:30 PM SOUTHERN (RACINE) VI H

9/3/2010
7:30 PM RIVER VALLEY (Bidwell) IV H

9/10/2010
7:30 PM @ CHESAPEAKE (CHESAPEAKE) V A

9/17/2010
7:30 PM MANCHESTER (MANCHESTER) VI H

9/24/2010
7:30 PM @ NORTHWEST (MC DERMOTT) IV A

10/1/2010
7:30 PM @ GREEN (FRANKLIN FURNACE) VI A

10/8/2010
7:30 PM @ SCIOTOVILLE COMMUNITY (PORTSMOUTH) VI A

10/15/2010
7:30 PM OAK HILL (OAK HILL) V H

10/23/2010
7:30 PM @ NOTRE DAME (PORTSMOUTH) VI A

10/29/2010
7:30 PM SOUTH GALLIA (CROWN CITY) VI H

Psyco Tartan
Freshman Team

Post by Psyco Tartan »

looks like a cupcake for Symmes Valley. That makes me hungry!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Oaks might want to watch even though they have a super hero squad for a team. They will have a giant target on there back Yuk Yuk Yuk!!!

Psyco Tartan
Freshman Team

Post by Psyco Tartan »

Notre Dame will not win even with Jim Tressell at the helm. Super Oaks are nasty not to mention the revenge the Tartans are looking to get BOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!

Faclons Forever
Freshman Team

Post by Faclons Forever »

That's nice. So what are east's returning players/ expectations? And does anyone have a schedule?

battlecat
Waterboy

Post by battlecat »

East will be down again this year. Prolly 5-5.

Nate_2010
Waterboy

Post by Nate_2010 »

Oaks win the SOC championship again this year, finishing 8-2. Only losing to The Burg and New Richmond. It is def. going to be interesting how the Oaks fair against tougher competition but I do believe that they will step up their game.

black/ice
Freshman Team

Post by black/ice »

oaks return a great group of guys and hale is bigger and stronger and is going to run wilder this year you can count on that one

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

1. Oak Hill
2. Notre Dame
3. Symmes Valley
4. Green
5. East

I think Green could suprise some people, maybe finish second, but no one matches up to the oaks this year

Indian till death
Waterboy

Post by Indian till death »

Oak Hill will take this conference again for the second year in a row and their second year ever. Symmes will not beat Notre Dame. Notre Dame will finish second. Symmes will battle it out with Green for the third place. East will crawl along into position four, beginning their long period of "rebuilding years."

FanOsports99
Riding the Bench

Post by FanOsports99 »

Very well put scarlet and grey....as for the thread...i believe oak hill will win the soc again they have a great group of kids...as for second i firmly believe sv will be in the hunt....i too played football under coach webb...he also got the word out for me to play college football...he went as far as setting up a meeting with a coach for me...i believe sv0000 is a former player who THOUGHT he was good enough to play college ball...believe me if coach webb thought you had a chance he would have got the word out the same as he has done for so many others.

sportsfan1999
Waterboy

Post by sportsfan1999 »

Oak Hill will come in first place and I look for a close second in Notre Dame or Symmes valley. I think both teams have improved tremendoously and will be strong. Does anyone know what players any of these three teams have as returning starters?

scarlet and grey
Waterboy

Post by scarlet and grey »

well put bucks2407

Return to “Football”