SOC 2 2010

Who wins in 2010?

Total votes: 0

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: SOC 2 2010

Post by wobycat »

^^^^^^^^^

Agree, accept Valley has yet to prove to me they work in the weight room.

sider123
Waterboy

Post by sider123 »

the key for west will be the line 4 of wests five starters will be benching 300 or over and if west can establish a 2 running option to take pressure off of pendolton.

blackchristian888
Waterboy

Post by blackchristian888 »

Great Forum!! I'm Cesar and I'm new here, just browsing for some good stuff and informative posts..

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley has Burg and Minford at home....and @ West

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

2 yrs ago Burg had Bryan White and 6 other seniors playing. There was alot of heat on Burg because that class was so SMALL! They couldnt compete. It took Wests phenominal senior class to beat them 14-7 in their own undefeated season in a few years at home in the rain! LOL. Burgs only defeat that season! Burg coach 1st year at the helm!

Minford ruined a skilled class Burg breakout with a 4th qtr stand this year on their way to an SOC title. Burg with a Qb that started his first year as a starter and a coach in his 2nd year as head of Burgs program.

Alot of talk about the frosh team for Burg is ok. They sucked but they had alot of members out, much more than years past. A good thing.

I dont know what next year brings, but I do know that they may have lost speed in Craigmiles, but other than that, it wont be noticable. Shank has plenty of speed and the dline has been replaced before. Remember the Peach kids? Burg reloads on Dline. And someone will step up on the speed just like Dunhum, Kaskey, Stephenson, Jenkins, u name it.

I cant remember names at this time, but #60, #8 sophs will step it up a notch this year. Luster will be a gamer! Burg had plenty of time to get kids in the game.

As for the other SOC teams, yep, it will be another barnburner no doubt. Minford NEVER gives up, Always competing! West is always a GIVEN to contend!! Waverly is the group everyone just says hmmm. Scared!!

I cant wait! 6 months till practice!!

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

imo burg has this year to make a mark then start rebuilding , yes burg lost most of defense and a heck of a defense it was but they can rebuild , they have shank coming back with luster culver and hood all able to play backer ,

parsley has given them 2 great years as an end and is getting huge the kids put on 15 pounds of muscle since the end of the season.

i forget who said it but imo also shears would be a better qb then zaide . based on the fact that alex is a more suited fit for burg , whitley should catch passes next year and compliment schank in the backfield.

Burgs line......... they lose there 3 year starter Zach Frowine , heck of a career at the center and defensive line but the other members return. conkey reinhardt,prater and hudgel ,,,,,, there looking at hudgel to move to center and put tyler brown at tackle(6,1 300) the kids huge and for his size has quick feet and hands, he was suppose to swap time this year at the tackle postion but was injured in the south point game and had season ending knee surgery. hes a strong kid as is the rest of the line , hudgel and brown are the strongest squaters and hudgel and conkey both bench around 305 or 310 , look for this group of senior to dominate the tremches all 2010.

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

cant remember names at this time, but #60, #8 sophs will step it up a notch this year

number 60 was a senior ryan scott

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

One of the things exciting about high school football is that you don't know how the team is going to be next year, and how the pieces will fit together.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

out of necessity, RB go to line and line can go to TE or RB. Players do not move to other schools like they use to when they could live where they are at and go to another school. Now, the family must move to the school district the kid goes to or they must sit out 1 year if they do this during HS years. This is not something a lot of families will do and has saved a lot of key players from leaving.

socchamps1011
Waterboy

Post by socchamps1011 »

i have to go with valley next year... they competed for the championship last year and only lose 4 offensive starters n 3 defensive starters... they also have alot of depth that got playing time last year... if they work hard and come to play at every game they could shock some people...

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

If Valley does it will be the 5th team in 5 years to win:

2009 Minford
2008 West
2007 Waverly
2006 Burg

A pretty competetive league as of late.

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

Valley this year then NW will win it the next!! You heard it here first!!! :lol: :lol:

Mohawk
Waterboy

Post by Mohawk »

NW took off Piketon and Manchester and I don't think we play Fairfield Christian either. We pick up Green, Notre Dame and Southeastern. So the first five games will be those three East and Symmes Valley. Then the other five conference.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

falconater wrote:If Valley does it will be the 5th team in 5 years to win:

2009 Minford
2008 West
2007 Waverly
2006 Burg

A pretty competetive league as of late.

burg won it in 07.

http://football.burgfan.com/Tradition/Championships.htm

foot123ball
Waterboy

Post by foot123ball »

Heres the chance from some burg kids to step up and show what they have after a good senior class leaves.

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

I'm going with West,I've watched this JV & Freshman team and I think Their ready to Explode IMO. I know most people believe that JV is just a glorified Scrimmage but 2 or 3 yrs. now undefeated!I really think next year is the year they take Off. GO WEST!

OST
Freshman Team

Post by OST »

The past years of the SOCII it has been one by either who is bigger or who is faster. This year though i personally see it being won by heart, Because each school around has finally graduated there personal stats.. Burg an there speed, Minford and there strength, Waverly an there speed/talent. an so fourth. I'm takin Minford to win it not just because i'm from minford but just because the way these group of kids are. They're close with one another an have a tremendous amount of heart an they got what it takes to live up to the hype of the past 3 Minford teams an get the job done. Can't wait for this season! Go Falcons! SOC Champs!

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

OST wrote:The past years of the SOCII it has been one by either who is bigger or who is faster. This year though i personally see it being won by heart, Because each school around has finally graduated there personal stats.. Burg an there speed, Minford and there strength, Waverly an there speed/talent. an so fourth. I'm takin Minford to win it not just because i'm from minford but just because the way these group of kids are. They're close with one another an have a tremendous amount of heart an they got what it takes to live up to the hype of the past 3 Minford teams an get the job done. Can't wait for this season! Go Falcons! SOC Champs!

Very Good Post! I think your absolutely Right, Speed, Size, Strength, Talent, It takes it all. When Minford came to West in 2009 they had all that and a lot of Heart and experience. Minford has a Great Coaching staff and a lot of talented players. The SOCII is going to be a very tough league this year though, West, Minford, Burg, Valley, will be the top contendors IMO. Can't Wait! only 7 more months!

ladymohawk
Riding the Bench

Post by ladymohawk »

mikenmike wrote:Valley this year then NW will win it the next!! You heard it here first!!! :lol: :lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol:

Indian till death
Waterboy

Post by Indian till death »

I thought we would win this past season, but with graduating so many KEY players from last year... things are really going to be up in the air between us, West, and Minford. It's definately going to be interesting to see how things play out.
Can't wait :122245
P.S. Northwest will not win a conference championship within the next 7 years.

Return to “Football”