SOC 2 2010

Who wins in 2010?

Total votes: 0

Faclons Forever
Freshman Team

Re: SOC 2 2010

Post by Faclons Forever »

I agree to I.T.D. to a point. Burg is going to be off this year. Not bad, but a little off. They still, however have the potential to win almost every game they play. I predict they lose to West and Minford, but beat Valley in a good game.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Portsmouth West ( I think this line will come together, Pendelton 1 year better! Ratliff Improved !!)
Minford (Oline ? Replacing a lot )
Wheelersburg ( could be 2 or 3 Heart Check ? ))
Valley ( Lost to many seniors )
Waverly ( Lost Roback )
NorthWest ( Needs a Coach for more than a year )
Minford will finish either 2 or 3rd, depending on what this Oline can step up and do. The speed is definatly there!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Wheelersburg will be fine, they lose speed but have all but one returning line and their top rusher back, they have some juniors and seniors that did not see the field last year that can play football. This year they will again be hard to beat for the soc crown, but next two years look like weak years.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

After witnessing this years track and field, I can say without a doubt no team will have more team speed than Minford. They will have Piquitt, Butcher and Loyd next year who are the 4 by 100 meter relay champions. This doesn't include Slone and Gains who are also back. If Minford can build a line around this speed they will be as successful as last year.

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

minford will have a team like the burg did last year with a lot of skill and young line --- the burg will have a team like minford did a very good returning line with all but 1 being a seniors. Very interesting. valley good talent with a lot of Jr returning. West will be the only team with both line and skill returning. Just a thought...

sportsfan_1959
JV Team

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

Another interesting and competitive year. It will be fun to be a fan.

RoggerRabbit
Waterboy

Post by RoggerRabbit »

1.West(Pendelton will have a huge year)
2.Burg(Burg's always gonna have a good squad)
3.Waverly(Gonne shock some people this year)
4.Minford(average at best)
5.Valley(Let down this season)
6.Northwest(Northwest will just be Northwest)

Just my thoughts :aaaaa106

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

RoggerRabbit wrote:1.West(Pendelton will have a huge year)

so you think waverly is "gonne shock some people this year" yet on the waverly thread you didnt even know who the skill position players are for this year? :?:

RoggerRabbit
Waterboy

Post by RoggerRabbit »

mikenmike wrote:
RoggerRabbit wrote:1.West(Pendelton will have a huge year)

so you think waverly is "gonne shock some people this year" yet on the waverly thread you didnt even know who the skill position players are for this year? :?:

Actually i was just curious of any of the upcoming players at the skill position and if they thought there would be any change.. But thanks for stalking my threads. :lol:

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

I'd be shocked if Waverly finished ahead of Minford or Valley. It is a little early to tell but I think it is a 4 way dogfight : Valley, West, Minford and Burg with West and Valley the favorites due to their returning starters.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

falconater wrote:I'd be shocked if Waverly finished ahead of Minford or Valley. It is a little early to tell but I think it is a 4 way dogfight : Valley, West, Minford and Burg with West and Valley the favorites due to their returning starters.

I still favor Minford because of the skill positions being dominate to repeat as SOC champions. Must find a line to block though.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

marshallman wrote:After witnessing this years track and field, I can say without a doubt no team will have more team speed than Minford. They will have Piquitt, Butcher and Loyd next year who are the 4 by 100 meter relay champions. This doesn't include Slone and Gains who are also back. If Minford can build a line around this speed they will be as successful as last year.

Thats very impressive, but track speed and football speed are two different things, you also have to take into account how well they can play...I know the Slone and Gaines can not too sure about the others...isn't Butcher the qb next year? Anyway, Minford should have talented skill positions, but games are won and lost in the trenches and if they don't have line they won't win very many games...even if they have a bunch of good strong boys, inexperience is a big deal on the offensive line.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Right now, I see it coming down between West and Minford.

West: Has everyone back from last year and will be deep in every area, Pendleton will be looking to impress scouts behind a senior laden O-line.

Minford: Defense will be the best in the county. They'll have a young o-line but plenty of speed and skill kids to go around and that will only add to their lightiing quick defense. Minford has the best back trio in the area with Piquet, Slone, and Gaines.

Wheelersburg: Lost alot of skill kids and two would be seniors have left or are planning to leave. Shankweiler is their skill guy and the O-line will all be returning, but I don't see them being very deep at any postion. They better hope the injury bug stays away, if it does they'll be fine.

Valley: There is alot of retuning talent here, but I don't see them getting over the emotional challange they have with Wheelersburg. After that, they play West and then Minford, thats 3 tough teams to end the season with.

Northwest and Waverly will battle for last place.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

As for right now I'll stand by it:
1. West
2. Valley
3. Burg
4. Minford
5. Waverly
6. Northwest

I think Waverly could finish as high as 2nd or 3rd as could Minford, Valley imo will pose the biggest threat to west

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

BURG!

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

sider wrote:
marshallman wrote:After witnessing this years track and field, I can say without a doubt no team will have more team speed than Minford. They will have Piquitt, Butcher and Loyd next year who are the 4 by 100 meter relay champions. This doesn't include Slone and Gains who are also back. If Minford can build a line around this speed they will be as successful as last year.

Thats very impressive, but track speed and football speed are two different things, you also have to take into account how well they can play...I know the Slone and Gaines can not too sure about the others...isn't Butcher the qb next year? Anyway, Minford should have talented skill positions, but games are won and lost in the trenches and if they don't have line they won't win very many games...even if they have a bunch of good strong boys, inexperience is a big deal on the offensive line.

That's true, but track speed sure did work out well for Ridgewood last year. With Coach McRoberts I know that O-Line will be ready, they always are. They have lost a significant number offensive linemen for a few years in a row now and the boys put the work in and the coaches get them prepared to step in and do well. Minford will contend for the SOC II again and probably make it to the playoffs.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I agree with your assessment, IronFalcon. Speed is a nice weapon to have especially on the Def. I look for Minford to open up more and try to get some mismatches.

I think some are overlooking Burg, they had some juniors that did not play that can, but the speed is gone. I look for Burg to go more power with this years class and try to use ball control. This years team will be more tougher.

I see Minford, Burg, West, and Valley having a legitimate shot at playoffs and the SOC.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

wobycat wrote:I agree with your assessment, IronFalcon. Speed is a nice weapon to have especially on the Def. I look for Minford to open up more and try to get some mismatches.

I think some are overlooking Burg, they had some juniors that did not play that can, but the speed is gone. I look for Burg to go more power with this years class and try to use ball control. This years team will be more tougher.

I see Minford, Burg, West, and Valley having a legitimate shot at playoffs and the SOC.

Burg has returns 4 starters on the o-line, a couple of them are three year starters, burg is a threat as well, but they won't be as talented as they were last year at the skill positions...they still very well could win the soc...but I think they will just be contenders and not winners this year

RogueWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by RogueWarrior »

IRONFALCON wrote: That's true, but track speed sure did work out well for Ridgewood last year. With Coach McRoberts I know that O-Line will be ready, they always are. They have lost a significant number offensive linemen for a few years in a row now and the boys put the work in and the coaches get them prepared to step in and do well. Minford will contend for the SOC II again and probably make it to the playoffs.

he will have his hands full this year trying to build a solid line. i heard at the liftathon that one lineman is ineligible because of grades and another one quit. the 2 strongest players were backs and i heard they were the only ones over 300. last year there was 10 or 12 that benched over 300. Minford will be strong at the skilled positions but weak on the line. they have the summer to get ready and work outs start soon i think. time to get to work boys. i hope the falcons do well but me thinks west has the edge right now, with burg second.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

The defense Minford will bring to the table is what will keep them in games, and if their offense can score more than 14 points, that should be enough to get them the wins.

From what I remember they have coming back, they'll have to repalce the Center, OG, and OT. 3 o-lineman, so I'm sure they have at least 3 kids that will step up. I think the Falcons will be a handful again in 2010.

Return to “Football”