SOC 2 2010

Who wins in 2010?

Total votes: 0

Westfan
SEOP

Re: SOC 2 2010

Post by Westfan »

Bleeding Red wrote: I doubt it, as we are not going to see any Burg dominance of the league for several years, if ever again. Sorry, but when your JV gets 60-0 hung on them, the well is getting dry.
Didn't West beat Minford just as bad as they did burg?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

siderman wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote: I doubt it, as we are not going to see any Burg dominance of the league for several years, if ever again. Sorry, but when your JV gets 60-0 hung on them, the well is getting dry.
Didn't West beat Minford just as bad as they did burg?
It's very difficult to determine the future success of your varsity based on jv results. Did the burgs JV even play west last yr? There have been a few times in recent memory that valley has feilded some very talented teams against the burg. Some have been just as talented or maybe even a little more talented than the team the burg put on the feild against them but the results have always been the same. I am not so sure I would count the burg out of contention for the soc. They lost a lot but they return a big group of seniors, theyr'e returning 8-10 kids that either started or saw a lot of playing time last yr a few of which are 3 yr returning starters.

Orange_N_Black_Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Orange_N_Black_Fan »

INFORMATION TO KEEP YOU BETTER INFORMED, SOUNDS LIKE SOME COULD USE IT!!
LET ME HELP WITH YOUR CURIOSITY.....

I Don't Want To Sound Like A Broken Record Like A lot Of Posters That Keep Rattling On And On About Teams And Things That They Don't Really Know AnyThing About Other Than Riding The Shirt Tails Of What Others Are Saying Gets Old After Awhile! Would Be Different If Their Was Some Disappointing Truth To Go With It..

FACT#1-Nobody Hung 60 Points On BURG JV Last Year!!
FACT#2-Nobody In This Area Was Good Enough To Do So!!
FACT#3-BURG JV Didn't Play West JV Last Year!! They Were Not Even On The JV Schedule Last Year!! And Was Told That West Did Not Field A JV Team, Or Just Didn't Want To Play THE BURG!!
FACT#4-Their Was 60 Points Hung On The BURG FRESHMAN Last Year By West Freshman, By Now The Picture Should Be Getting More Clear Now.
FACT#5-BURGS Last Years JV Team Will Make A Big Impact On Varsity This Year If Not The Difference!! (A lot Of Heart & Talent In This Bunch) And About All Of Them Should Make A Quick Impact!!

It Is True That The BURG Lost Some Talent And Skill Players Last Year,It Happens Every Year To Other Schools As Well..
BURG Cannot Replace The Names Of The Talented Players Lost, But Can Replace The Talent Lost And Are Doing So!!
About Everyone Has Said On Here, And Other Threads On This Site That The BURG Will Not Stand A Chance This Season Because Of All That Tons Of Talent And Lost Skill, Tough Schedule, Plus One Student Transfers Back To Portsmouth, And Another Moves Away To VA Which Were Not Impact Players Last Season But Had Potential.
Take Nothing From Last Years Group They Were A Good Team Of Players, Some Were Very Very Good But Only 3 Of The 4 Lost On Offense Were Skill Impact Players That Started Every Game Last Year, One Played O-Line!!
Plus You Have Several Really Good Players That Were Hurt Last Year, And Are Now Seniors Will Be And Are Ready To Play Big Role's This Year..
This Season The Offense Will Have Size,Experience And Yes They Will Have Speed At The Skill Positions..(Which Is Bad News For The Competition)
On Defense The Talent Lost Has Been Replaced!! You Will See That This Years Defense Is Much Bigger,Stronger And Faster. A lot Of Teams Last Year Seen This Defense In Second Half Games During Some Of Those Shut Out Games, This Should Not Surprise Anyone..
Your Going To See This Same Group Of Boys This Year, But You Still Say The BURG Has No Chance Of Winning..

THIS TEAM MAY NOT PUT UP BIG NUMBERS LIKE LAST YEARS TEAM BUT MAY SURPRISE YOU!! BUT THEY WILL BE VERY COMPETITIVE.
THE TEAM KNOWS WHAT'S AT STAKE AND READY FOR THE CHALLENGE!!
THIS TEAM SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN LIGHTLY!!

It's Been Said That The BURG Will Lose Their First 3 Or 4 Games? What's Funny Is That They Have Not Even Put Their Pads On And Yet Already 3 Or 4 Games In The Hole, But In A Few Weeks They Will Have All Your answers That You Have Been Asking And Looking For.
It Is Wishful Thinking Of Others That This Team will Surprisingly Fail, But To Many Others Comes Disappointment!!
With This Being Said I Guess We Will Just Have To Win The First 3 Or 4 Games To Be A 500 Hundred Team!! YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!!!

AND JUST FOR THOUGHT- I Hope That All Of The So Called Ney Sayers Football Teams Are Good As They All Say!! Because Right Now I See Those Teams In Reverse Backing Up,To Cover Your Back! And Your Comments.

WE ARE THE BURG!!!!!!!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I agree with what your saying Orange and Black Fan, but I wouldn't be so defensive. Every year Burg will field a team that will be one of the favorites to win the league and win a playoff. Minford, West, Ironton, P-Town, and Valley are returning good talent that will be hard to beat on the field. Some posters feel that Burg's talent last year cannot be replaced, which is not true. I know that Burg will field a team that will be hard to beat.

Go Burg!

QB4
Freshman Team

Post by QB4 »

well we will see won't we....thats why they play the games!!!

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

Well boys, it's good to see everybody getting along. This year is starting out just the way it ended last year.
And just like last year, I think we are set for some great games. I don't think that any team will dominate the league.

West: Power
Minford, and Wheelersburg: Speed
Valley: Experience

That is what I see as each teams best skill. And I think that it will come down to which Coach can use their players the best.
I think that Coaching will be what determines who gets the Golden Football this year. I think that by looking back on last year, each Coach, has learned alot, by the mistakes they made last year.

With all that said, I am glad that Coach Daniels will be leading my Falcon's. He is not afraid to take the risks that it takes to win football games. And I think he has the best Coaching Staff in the County! I am confident that they will get the most out of the boys as possible.

I will not stand on my tippy toes and pronounce my Falcons will win the SOC II, but I think they have just as good a chance as anybody!!!

Good Luck to all teams in the area!!! I can't wait to get started!!!

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Bushy Tail Butcher wrote:Well boys, it's good to see everybody getting along. This year is starting out just the way it ended last year.
And just like last year, I think we are set for some great games. I don't think that any team will dominate the league.

West: Power
Minford, and Wheelersburg: Speed
Valley: Experience

That is what I see as each teams best skill. And I think that it will come down to which Coach can use their players the best.
I think that Coaching will be what determines who gets the Golden Football this year. I think that by looking back on last year, each Coach, has learned alot, by the mistakes they made last year.

With all that said, I am glad that Coach Daniels will be leading my Falcon's. He is not afraid to take the risks that it takes to win football games. And I think he has the best Coaching Staff in the County! I am confident that they will get the most out of the boys as possible.

I will not stand on my tippy toes and pronounce my Falcons will win the SOC II, but I think they have just as good a chance as anybody!!!

Good Luck to all teams in the area!!! I can't wait to get started!!!

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

Everyone seems to be back to normal....lol

FACT!!!!! :lol: :lol:

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

valley, wheelersburg and west will ALL whack minford big time this year. they had a couple of pretty good players but their winning the soc was little more than a fluke last year. valley and west will out-skill them and wheelersburgs line will dominate them all night long this year. they had their "glory days" last year and should cherish it because it is all downhill for them for the next few years at least.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

The summer issue of Bucknuts was just released, it has the HS broke down by their respective Regions and these are the preseason predictions.

Region 19
1) Liberty Union 10-0
2) Fredericktown 10-0
3) Minford 9-1
4) Oak Hill 9-1
5) Ridewood 8-2
6) Wheelersburg 7-3
7) Monroe Central 7-3
8 ) Nelsonville 7-3

Region 15
8 ) Portsmouth West 8-2

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

KVDW wrote:valley, wheelersburg and west will ALL whack minford big time this year. they had a couple of pretty good players but their winning the soc was little more than a fluke last year. valley and west will out-skill them and wheelersburgs line will dominate them all night long this year. they had their "glory days" last year and should cherish it because it is all downhill for them for the next few years at least.

Funniest thing I have heard so far on this board. That is great! Do you like your crow with or without seasoning? Smoked or grilled?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

24 days!!!

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

Bleeding Red wrote:

Do you like your crow Smoked or grilled?
usually done about like what is going to happen to Minford 3 times this year........

SMOKED !!!!!

:lol:

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Minford returns 15 starters 7 offense, 8 defense, so they have to replace 4 on the offense. The QB and 3 on the line. People forget that 4 return on the line and two are 3 year starters. The other OT was projected to start last year but went down with an injury in a scrimmage game and is now 100%, so really they'll be looking for two to step up in two a days. That's one thing Minford has always had plenty of, is big ol' strong farm boys and I'm sure out of 60+ boys out for the team two will step up.

Orange_N_Black_Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Orange_N_Black_Fan »

Vladimir wrote:The summer issue of Bucknuts was just released, it has the HS broke down by their respective Regions and these are the preseason predictions.

Region 19
1) Liberty Union 10-0
2) Fredericktown 10-0
3) Minford 9-1
4) Oak Hill 9-1
5) Ridewood 8-2
6) Wheelersburg 7-3
7) Monroe Central 7-3
8 ) Nelsonville 7-3

Region 15
8 ) Portsmouth West 8-2
They must have gotten there Information from
JJ HUDDLE :lol:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Vladimir wrote:The summer issue of Bucknuts was just released, it has the HS broke down by their respective Regions and these are the preseason predictions.

Region 19
1) Liberty Union 10-0
2) Fredericktown 10-0
3) Minford 9-1
4) Oak Hill 9-1
5) Ridewood 8-2
6) Wheelersburg 7-3
7) Monroe Central 7-3
8 ) Nelsonville 7-3

Region 15
8 ) Portsmouth West 8-2
That is a good looking list. I sure think West has a chance to finish much higher than 8th in their region. They can pick up a ton of playoff points if they can get a few wins out of the Portsmouth, Minford, Valley and Burg games this year. I see them winning 2 of the 4.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

Bleeding Red wrote:
Region 15
8 ) Portsmouth West 8-2

That is a good looking list. I sure think West has a chance to finish much higher than 8th in their region. They can pick up a ton of playoff points if they can get a few wins out of the Portsmouth, Minford, Valley and Burg games this year. I see them winning 2 of the 4.
which 2 would that be? Minford and Burg ?

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^ Typical Valley poster. Get past Coal Grove, West and W'burg then worry about Minford.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Region 15 is pretty tough and 8-2 may not get you in with:

Coshocton
Ironton
Westfall
Bishop Hartley
Johnston-Monroe
Portsmouth
Amanda Clearcreek

val13
Freshman Team

Post by val13 »

Valleys problem is there non-conference schedule. They cant get good computer points from beating huntington ross, rock hill, south point, ect... They would have to go 9-1 to make the playoffs or go 8-2 with a win against Burg.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^ How about beating Coal Grove first.

Return to “Football”