there is the qb!
max with big whit, ronnie mango and casey running the triple
chilli is not as far away from being very good as some might think
this sr class was dominant as every level until now

cavalierfan95
Freshman Team

Re: SEOAL 2010

Post by cavalierfan95 »

hinton quoted by saying he will make chillicothe the mecca of southern ohio football WOW!im ready for football dont know if any players from amanda clearcreek will come to chilli.

warrior2012
Freshman Team

Post by warrior2012 »

Auburntgrfan wrote:Warren 2010
Belpre Home 8/27
Morgan Home 9/03
Athens Away 9/10
Portsmouth Away 9/17
Jackson Away 9/24
P-Berg South Home 10/01
Logan Away 10/08
Chilli Away 10/15
Gallia Home 10/22
Marietta Home 10/29

good way to start and end the season :D

datchillicav
JV Team

Post by datchillicav »

wrestlefan1 wrote:will max come back with him?
there is the qb!
max with big whit, ronnie mango and casey running the triple
chilli is not as far away from being very good as some might think
this sr class was dominant as every level until now

They still need a line. With 4 of the 5 lineman graduating, that will most likely be the weakness of the team next year. You could even see 1 or 2 freshman start on the Varsity O-line next year. That 8th grade line last year was literally bigger than the Varsity line man for man and only one player with Varsity experience is returning.

wrestlefan1
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan1 »

mallow and holtz i think would be above average seoal lineman and are sr's
i know thats only two, but should be 2 good seniors to build around
there has to be one or two per grade to build around those 2
i dont care how big they are, just get some guys in there that will try their butt off
walter, luke, ozzy, knute.. ... go small if you have to, but get some guys with guts and ill take them over some big slow guys anyday
some of those guys that werent out last year need to get back on the field

goldenboy
Freshman Team

Post by goldenboy »

Jackson has some returning talent, so i think they could challenge for the title this year.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I agree goldenboy, I think the winner of Jackson- Portsmouth win the league.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

boilermaker wrote:I agree goldenboy, I think the winner of Jackson- Portsmouth win the league.

I really hope you're right, boilermaker. Jackson and Portsmouth both return a lot of talent from last year's squads. The game at Portsmouth last season was an instant classic with the Ironmen getting the 27-26 win, and I would expect another closely contested game this season. Unfortunately, Jackson will have to travel to Portsmouth again this year due to the balancing of the SEOAL schedule. Definitely going to be tough to beat the Trojans down there two seasons in a row.

datchillicav
JV Team

Post by datchillicav »

wrestlefan1 wrote:mallow and holtz i think would be above average seoal lineman and are sr's
i know thats only two, but should be 2 good seniors to build around
there has to be one or two per grade to build around those 2
i dont care how big they are, just get some guys in there that will try their butt off
walter, luke, ozzy, knute.. ... go small if you have to, but get some guys with guts and ill take them over some big slow guys anyday
some of those guys that werent out last year need to get back on the field

Holtz was a Senior last year. Mallow is the only one coming back. Ozzy is a TE, Slot receiver, not an O-lineman. I agree that I would rather have small tenacious guys than fatties.

Blu_n_Whyt
Freshman Team

Post by Blu_n_Whyt »

2010 Chillicothe Football Schedule (and news): http://wbex.com/pages/CavsFB2009.html

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

boilermaker wrote:I agree goldenboy, I think the winner of Jackson- Portsmouth win the league.

ditto.........

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Logan remains the odds on favorite to win it all again. The talent will be very good again and the team will be better than most want to believe. They will be beating lots of people badly again this year.

One thing is for sure-- the tigers won't be winning the SEOAL as they have been shut out this century. :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The league shouldn't be down next year.
You will have Portsmouth being one of the strongest teams in the deep southeast of Ohio.
Gallipolis will be much stronger next year-Chillicothe can only get better-Jackson has a lot back which will have them make a strong showing against their schedule. Warren looks to be getting thing back together.Logan lost a lot but still should be at the top.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I think the league race will be tight this year. I can even see co-champs.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

that could very well happen. imo it will all depend on how things turn out in LOGAN. from the sounds of things, p-town sound to be high in the running.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Lot of new faces on the sidelines:

1st year coaches: Chillicothe, Logan, Marietta (no coach as of now), Warren

2nd year coaches: Gallia Academy, Jackson

And then there is Portsmouth, where Coach Clifford will start, I believe, his 21st season.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

will this league put some good product on the field. it has always been a league of parity unless a team is dominant ``ie logan``

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

looking for a lot more closer games for next season

trojanofthepast
Freshman Team

Post by trojanofthepast »

Logan is the favorite in this league until someone proves otherwise. I know they lost a lot from last years team but they don't rebuild they reload. I think the Trojans have a real shot to win the league, but they have to go through Logan to do it in WK 9. This is a preseason look at the league. In the end I see this league being decided between Logan and Portsmouth with the Trojans winning the SEOAL in week 9 at home against Logan.

1. Logan (10-0/5-0 last year) - Champs until someone knocks them off. They will still be very good this year and in my opinion preseason favorites. The key will be new Coach, QB, and WR's on offense. How fast will they gel and respond and what offense will they run with the new QB.

2. Portsmouth (7-3/4-2 last year) - Finish the league 4-2 last year and have 16 starters back. This could be a really good year for the Trojans and possibly a League Championship. They have 9 starters back on a team that avg. 30pts a game last year.

3. Jackson (7-3/4-2 last year) - Second year under a very good coach will prove to be a contender for the league title. Must replace the QB and some key players but will be in the hunt. This is one of the best coaching staffs in the SEOAL.

4. Gallia (2-8/2-3 last year) - I think in the second year under the new coaching staff the Blue Devils will be much improved. This team was much better than their record indicated last year. I think this team will finish above .500 this year. They could possibly finish above .500 in the league if things fall their way.

5. Chilly (1-9/0-6 last year) - I think Chilly will be very much improved over last year under their new coach. There is a lot of talent walking the halls of Chillicothe High and the new coach will get those young men playing football again.

6. Warren (7-3/2-3 last year) - This team will be under a new system but still has some talent coming back. Warren really struggled against the upper tier teams on their schedule last year. I don't see them beating Logan, Portsmouth, or Jackson this year. I think this team is about a .500 team and that's because of their non-league schedule.

7. Marietta (1-9/0-5 last year) - In their last year in the league they will struggle again. I think the Marietta football program is in a bit of disarray. I think they will finish last again this year in the league. I know they had a lot of injuries last year, but I still don't see a lot of change in their league record next year.

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

I sincerely think Warren deserves a little more respect than you are giving them. You are assuming that they will end up losing to teams that they either beat head-to-head or finished ahead of in the league based on what? It seems like you might not know what Warren has returning so you are shoving them down the line. Warren will have the horses and the coaching to compete with everyone next year.

Also, I don't recall Warren really "struggling against the upper tier teams" more than anyone else that was beaten by Logan, Ironton or P-town. I also recall the P-town game being pretty competitive, but Warren was destroyed by the 3 turnovers in the red zone.

I agree with the folks that are predicting a lot of parity in the league.

Return to “Football”