SEOAL 2010

Who wins in 2010?

Total votes: 0

Paladin
SEOP

Re: SEOAL 2010

Post by Paladin »

Thanks all for making my case. All of you just throw up your hands and give up. NWO can do it with a similar situation but SEO can't. Why schedule tougher teams in an attempt to get better because ............................................................................................... we might lose a game ???????

Logan's new coach should be feeling pretty good right now. He has lost everything from last year -- QB, RB, OL, DL,etc. And guess what ? Last years subs played a real tough schedule & won. So, you'll hear new names this year but the results are going to be the same. Unfortunately, SEO will remain an armpit of athletics while everyone protects their butts against losing a game by ducking competition. This may be a clue for many of you who whine when your teams win most games but don't get ranked in state-wide polls or folks chuckle when you sometimes make the play-offs only to be murdered by real teams.

As for Logan, all they can do is the right thing and schedule bigger & better schools than exist in SEO. That helps them prepare to win the SEOAL and gives them some prep for the playoffs. Continue to watch what teams from NWO do and hang your heads in shame as your chance was blown by parochial thoughts of covering your butts with easy wins.

Its a d@mn shame, but it is what it is -- Failure on a huge scale.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Right on schedule...................................................................................theres my "shadow". Follows me everywhere.

And now back to the SEO soap opera. :lol: :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

As the SEOAL turns, All My Posters or The Edge of Southeastern Ohio

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

noreply66 wrote:As the SEOAL turns, All My Posters or The Edge of Southeastern Ohio

'All My Posters" is a good one!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

There is a wide range of ideas here! Good for a discussion board :)
The quote about Logan's Divisional average being 2.2, is that the old or new schedule? Just curious there. I-town & Hamilton gone.
Also 2.2 would still probably eclipse most in SE HO. And in my, and only my opinion, the Division means less than the competition/participation of the school. We could play Strongsville or some other D-3 every year and it would be better than playing a Reynoldsburg on most occasions (D-1) Amanda C would give us a better game in most years than Marietta of late. Divisions only categorize the "Likelihood of depth and talent" Again-just my opinion not fact so don't jump on me! Hehe
I'm not a genius, and I respect most opinions on here. However, there is one version of things that isn't being expressed or at least not for a while- I'll oblige. lmao- again, just my version. As I have seen a young Pickerington North team play Logan to 24-21 last season-and the Logan reserves were pounded by North by like 6 touchdowns-I think Logan is due for a return to earth.
My Middle school kids and relatives who live in other districts have tuned me in to what is to come. Watching/talking-not scientific by any means.... Of course things can change, kids can move in/out and coaching can help, but I think Logan is coming into a period of being more down to earth. Not that the Chiefs will have losing seasons by any means-just more like the Logan of the late 80's early 90's or something to that effect.
Logan has been good enough to get to the top 4 in the region for a couple of years. Probably good enough to advance further had Angle not been hurt in the 1st drive of the 2nd half last year as he and the receivers had shown great adjustment to opposing speed after the first quarter, and a 7 point spot by the opening fumble in the Logan Red Zone- then Logan used a good receiver, replaced him with a rotational one and left the 2nd QB on the bench after a few plays.. (coaching?) sorry Dale-luv ya-smart fella, you know way more than me, but....
anyhoos-
Please stop the "Chieftain Envy" thing, Logan may re-load, but with less powder for a bit. :) Face it, the SEOAL as a whole is down right now. Gallia used to be much more, Jackson is coming on, but for a larger school has a long ways to go- Portsmouth is my pre-season favorite due to returning ppl, and they have the mental advantage of not being beat down by Logan for the last 2 years due to scheduling. TRUE PUMP! knowing how kids think in championship type games!
Bottom line, if Logan is good enough to win 2 non-league games and all but one league game they might be borderline playoffs, 2 early wins + league= playoffs or 1-2 record plus league maybe... but not round 2 this year. I'm thinking 7-3 is a good season for Logan or 8-2 for the next 3 years as an average..7.4 wins lol.
New coach is gonna have a learning curve. He knows what he's doing, but being the boss? Ask any head coach.. off season/summertime improves AND reveals the talent you have coming back, but experience makes the decisions come faster and better IMO
Can't say I know from experience-again-IMO!!!! But in wrestling I have some from 20 yrs ago helping out, and I don't see football being much different.
Also, please don't pick small pieces of my text out-maybe I'm not the best communicator when it comes to typing and just leaving what I've posted for view, ok?
I've been misunderstood many X's, used to it! :)
Still, I think Logan-2nd in the league 2 of the next 3-4 years. Near the top, but too many variables.
I'll be there. Hope to see you all in the stands!
Taking a break from the forums now. Had to leave my annual critique of my opinion. :)
Long post.... long break 4 me. Keep it going, I love reading this stuff!
BTW, an off the wall thought- Logan will be #1 in the FG unit if the offense is enough to get them to that point. Kicker = Best with work. :)
L8trz.

wowhesfast
Freshman Team

Post by wowhesfast »

Logan loses but 1 game next year (not counting a second round playoff loss). Lancaster, Pickerington, or Portsmouth. I sure hope its not to Portsmouth 'cause they look to run the table elsewhere. Logan needs another league title before the few years of life a few notches above mediocrity. Long term, the Chiefs are moving towards an extended relationship with mid state schools, and probably back to D1 status.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Who's Logans first League game against next year?????

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

Against Jackson I do believe.

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

I wish them luck and hope they go 10-0. I'd love to be wrong-wouldn't be the 1st time. :)
Go Chiefs!!!

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I look for Logan to go 8-2 next year and could go 9-1 if all goes well, no injuries, etc. 10-0 is not in the cards. Playoffs highly probable

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The Pickerington North game will be a tough one. They will be loaded this year and I look for them to beat Pickerington Central for the first time.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

It was just a matter of time before North caught Central

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

there picking more and more quality players on the edges of 270

L-Town12
Waterboy

Post by L-Town12 »

Well i say Logan all the way!! They have some key players coming back and some big soph coming up being jrs

L-Town12
Waterboy

Post by L-Town12 »

Logan will win it!!

L-Town12
Waterboy

Post by L-Town12 »

Logan will always give them a shot and look at some of the players stepping up for logaan. it will be good

L-Town12
Waterboy

Post by L-Town12 »

You know some big players from logan and soph.?

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

slow do there L-town12 :shock: :122245 take a breath and let your hands rest.

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

he's gonna burn himself out before we even make it to 2-a-days... :lol:

Return to “Football”