3.g academy
4 jackson
5.warren
6.marietta

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: SEOAL 2010

Post by noreply66 »

any 10th graders looking to step in and make their team this season?

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

As far as I have heard Portsmouth should be dominated with Upper classman.......Bigdowggg have any info?

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

I still think Logan will be the team to beat... but Portsmouth will be good and I also think
Gallipolis will be a lot better this year... There will be some great games I'm sure, and it could
come down to who has the least amount of injuries ...

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Go Purple

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I think this year the SEOAL will be very very tough!

Logan should still be very tough
Portsmouth should have a great year
Jackson is back on the way up
Warren should continue to be tough
Galia is knocking on the door to get on track again
MHS are more than likely going to be fighing it out at the bottom but they may pull off an upset.

The teams that make the playoffs out of the SEAOL will be battle tested this year.

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

This years edition of the SEOAL is probably going to be the most completive from top to bottom than it has been in several years. Logan is still the Champions until some other team steps up and takes it away from them. It is going to be tough for every team when League play starts. There will be upsets along the way. Looking forward to watching several of these teams play. Good luck to all the teams and hope the injury bug stays away, and the kids have fun.

cavalierfan1995
Freshman Team

Post by cavalierfan1995 »

/in my view the seoal is going to be intersting portsmouth is going to be the one to watch logan is always tough.i also agree that galia will also be tough.chillicothe could be a dark horse this year cant count them out.i know its still early but i agree with most of you.

ttfn
Waterboy

Post by ttfn »

Looks like Warren is dominating the 7 on 7's they've been to...

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

If Ironton were still in the league this year, they would dominate hands down. They are loaded. It will be a great game during the battle on the river between Portsmouth and Itown for bragging rights. Both could make deep playoff runs.

Logan lost half the town to graduation. I dont see the other SEOAL schools bringing championship caliber heat to the gridiron on Friday nights.

Portsmouth dominates the SEOAL this year. Everyone else battles for a close second place finish. You heard it here first.

Go Trojans. I owe it to Trojan FB Alum to get on the bandwagon this year.....cant wait for the Minford/Ptown scrimmage!

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Bleeding Red wrote:
Go Trojans. I owe it to Trojan FB Alum to get on the bandwagon this year.....cant wait for the Minford/Ptown scrimmage!

:lol: Good idea to get on that wagon now, as if is filling fast. As good as PHS should be this year, we still realize that the road to the SEOAL championship runs through Logan. Don't think for a second that the Chieftains won't be reloaded.

BR, how will the Falcons be this year? When is the scrimmage and where at? Will they challenge for the SOC again this season. Are they the front runner or is it West. I know that West and Burg will be great games for us to get ready for SEOAL play. We really have no weeks off this year, with the grind of the league, and tough non league games.

4dfalcons
Freshman Team

Post by 4dfalcons »

Portsmouth has the talent to make a run at the state title. However, team chemistry could be a big problem. It is no secret that the Trojans got better after a few players quit last year.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

State title ?

Pass some of that Happy Juice over here. There are no state titles coming to anyone in FB in the SEOAL this year. But thanks for playing. Exit, stage right. :lol: :lol: :lol:

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I have predicted Portsmouth to challenge for the D4 state title, and will not back down from that statement.......scoff if you will, but I really believe our kids can do it.......we got very close in 2000 (Region Champions) and 2001 (Region Runnerup), and this year's Trojans should be the best team since then. 16 starters return from a 7-3 team that missed the playoffs on a roughing penalty vs. Jackson.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Portsmouth has the athletes to play in space with anyone and their offense will score enough points to win alot of games. But to advance in the Ohio playoffs you better be able to stop the run. If their run defense isn't exponentially better than last season they can forget advancing in the playoffs if they make the playoffs at all.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

I would love to see a SEO team compete for a title especially a SEOAL team. I think week ten will tell who has the better chance of doing that between IHS/PHS but they may well meet again in the playoffs if both survive that long. I think for siders reason alone IHS has the better chance to survive but PHS may have the better O if the weather is good. Playoff football is about running and stopping the run so I think that would hurt PHS in the later weeks of the season.

I agree, IHS should have the best chance. While they were in the league with the exception of last year they were down in comparison to almost every year GAHS has played them while Lutz has been at the helm. They would have run through the league in the late 90s early 2000s then hit a little dry spell, now have the athletes again, I hate to see them go.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Chip hits the nail on the head. While Portsmouth sell tickets with a high octane O, they have never had a D that spells championship. You must be able to run the ball in late cold, wet weather in Ohio. Pardon me if I scoff, but PHS has neither the D nor a Run O for State Title quality and in all probability, won't even win the region, one of the weakest in the state. Even the blowhards from tiggertown aren't going to win a title. Let me expand that -- not only will no one from the SEOAL win a state title, neither will anyone from SEO this year. A good team in a weak region still spells disaster when meeting outstanding teams from strong regions.

But , live in La La Land for awhile. You'll get sobered up quick come the playoffs.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Paladin wrote:Chip hits the nail on the head. While Portsmouth sell tickets with a high octane O, they have never had a D that spells championship. You must be able to run the ball in late cold, wet weather in Ohio. Pardon me if I scoff, but PHS has neither the D nor a Run O for State Title quality and in all probability, won't even win the region, one of the weakest in the state. Even the blowhards from tiggertown aren't going to win a title. Let me expand that -- not only will no one from the SEOAL win a state title, neither will anyone from SEO this year. A good team in a weak region still spells disaster when meeting outstanding teams from strong regions.

But , live in La La Land for awhile. You'll get sobered up quick come the playoffs.

Been there done that. :lol:

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

Orange and Brown wrote:I think this year the SEOAL will be very very tough!

MHS are more than likely going to be fighing it out at the bottom but they may pull off an upset.

The teams that make the playoffs out of the SEAOL will be battle tested this year.
The SEOAL won't be "tough" in some respects, unless looking at it from a Small Division Point of view. If Portsmouth Wins the League, they will be decent for a D-4 program. If Logan Wins the league, they will likely be 1 and out. As far as the rest, Marietta- yeah struggling.
Gallia, D-4 also- so compare to Portsmouth- Not great overall, especially compared to all Divisions.
Jackson, on the way up! Still, D-2- not good for post season. The entire league is mediocre per each respective division at best. This includes Chilli, unless they surprise everyone. 1st year w/new coach. New system- Athletes already set into positions preferred by the past coach. Tossup? Last year's record shows LOTS of improvement to be made.
I'm a Logan faithful, and root to the end. However, the last couple of years have spoiled the home crowd. When the going got tough last season, the crowd didn't rise to the occasion like the kids did. The crowd is also going through a learning period!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Wrestler87 wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:I think this year the SEOAL will be very very tough!

The SEOAL won't be "tough" in some respects, unless looking at it from a Small Division Point of view. If Portsmouth Wins the League, they will be decent for a D-4 program. If Logan Wins the league, they will likely be 1 and out. As far as the rest, Marietta- yeah struggling.
Gallia, D-4 also- so compare to Portsmouth- Not great overall, especially compared to all Divisions.
Jackson, on the way up! Still, D-2- not good for post season. The entire league is mediocre per each respective division at best. This includes Chilli, unless they surprise everyone. 1st year w/new coach. New system- Athletes already set into positions preferred by the past coach. Tossup? Last year's record shows LOTS of improvement to be made.
I'm a Logan faithful, and root to the end. However, the last couple of years have spoiled the home crowd. When the going got tough last season, the crowd didn't rise to the occasion like the kids did. The crowd is also going through a learning period!
wrestler87, I am also a support of logan and you are correct about our crowds! Yes the league is very mediocre, I see at least 1 loss in the league and more than likley co-champs. Logan, Jackson and Portsmouth will fight it out for the title. Remember this injuries will decide the championship!

Return to “Football”