SEOAL 2010

Who wins in 2010?

Total votes: 0

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: SEOAL 2010

Post by noreply66 »

Wrestler87 wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:I think this year the SEOAL will be very very tough!

Logan should still be very tough
Portsmouth should have a great year
Jackson is back on the way up
Warren should continue to be tough
Galia is knocking on the door to get on track again
MHS are more than likely going to be fighing it out at the bottom but they may pull off an upset.

The teams that make the playoffs out of the SEAOL will be battle tested this year.
The SEOAL won't be "tough" in some respects, unless looking at it from a Small Division Point of view. If Portsmouth Wins the League, they will be decent for a D-4 program. If Logan Wins the league, they will likely be 1 and out. As far as the rest, Marietta- yeah struggling.
Gallia, D-4 also- so compare to Portsmouth- Not great overall, especially compared to all Divisions.
Jackson, on the way up! Still, D-2- not good for post season. The entire league is mediocre per each respective division at best. This includes Chilli, unless they surprise everyone. 1st year w/new coach. New system- Athletes already set into positions preferred by the past coach. Tossup? Last year's record shows LOTS of improvement to be made.
I'm a Logan faithful, and root to the end. However, the last couple of years have spoiled the home crowd. When the going got tough last season, the crowd didn't rise to the occasion like the kids did. The crowd is also going through a learning period!

Isn't Gallipolis and Jackson division III---????

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Wrestler87 wrote:

MHS are more than likely going to be fighing it out at the bottom but they may pull off an upset.

The teams that make the playoffs out of the SEAOL will be battle tested this year.
The SEOAL won't be "tough" in some respects, unless looking at it from a Small Division Point of view. If Portsmouth Wins the League, they will be decent for a D-4 program. If Logan Wins the league, they will likely be 1 and out. As far as the rest, Marietta- yeah struggling.
Gallia, D-4 also- so compare to Portsmouth- Not great overall, especially compared to all Divisions.
Jackson, on the way up! Still, D-2- not good for post season. The entire league is mediocre per each respective division at best. This includes Chilli, unless they surprise everyone. 1st year w/new coach. New system- Athletes already set into positions preferred by the past coach. Tossup? Last year's record shows LOTS of improvement to be made.
I'm a Logan faithful, and root to the end. However, the last couple of years have spoiled the home crowd. When the going got tough last season, the crowd didn't rise to the occasion like the kids did. The crowd is also going through a learning period!
You don't even know what Divisions your teams are in.

The leadgue will be very balenced this year. Almost every game should be a good game. The team who wins the league have had a tough way to go. I meant nothing more or less by my statement!

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Jackson is D3.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

i have to disagree with some of ya.... i don't see LOGAN losing a league game. they'll finish the regular season at 9-1 or 8-2. NO LEAGUE LOSSES. ;-)

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
Wrestler87 wrote:

You don't even know what Divisions your teams are in.

The leadgue will be very balenced this year. Almost every game should be a good game. The team who wins the league have had a tough way to go. I meant nothing more or less by my statement!
Neither did I. And I don't have 'teams' I have a team. I know it's division. Jackson has been D-2 recently, and Gallia D-4. Sorry I didn't give details on a matter which didn't really change the truth of what I said. So, did you tell me "I didn't know" to support any football truth and add to the conversation? Or, did you take offense and post before you thought about what that would add to it?
I was merely stating that the strength of the league was a matter of one's point of view. I used your statement to show that, as it implied they had strength abroad.
I agree, competitive within. Just not a power elsewhere 'per-Division' Barring a D-4 type Playoff win or 2.
Ah, the beauty of H.S. Football... we don't know who is gonna grow 4 inches or gain 40 pounds, or who is gonna stay at home with that Girlfriend or what haveya. Too many variables for any of us to really know what we're talkin' about 'till they play!
:)

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

Logan
Portsmouth
Gallia Academy
Jackson
Chillicothe
Warren
Marietta

Hey, it's just a guess ... There will be a surprise or two.. Warren could be higher and Gallia lower..
But I have to favor the 'old SEOAL' (Logan, Jackson,Gallia) I can't ignore Portsmouth. They may be
better than I think... But I doubt that Logan is rebuilding. They may not have many returning starters
but some of those younger kids played a lot. Program won't change much. They are the champs until
beaten.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

javagt wrote:Logan
Portsmouth
Gallia Academy
Jackson
Chillicothe
Warren
Marietta

Hey, it's just a guess ... There will be a surprise or two.. Warren could be higher and Gallia lower..
But I have to favor the 'old SEOAL' (Logan, Jackson,Gallia) I can't ignore Portsmouth. They may be
better than I think... But I doubt that Logan is rebuilding. They may not have many returning starters
but some of those younger kids played a lot. Program won't change much. They are the champs until
beaten.
TRUE THAT !!!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

24 days!!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

javagt wrote:Logan
Portsmouth
Gallia Academy
Jackson
Chillicothe
Warren
Marietta

beaten.

I will go with Logan,Portsmouth,Gallipolis,Jackson,Warren,Chillicothe and Marietta--this is if the skilled players stay healthy

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

wrestler, u r dead on about our crowd. most treat it as a social event rather than a football game. i was embarassed last year during some of our home games with the "quietness" for lack of a better word. 80% of the fans should have to take a course on getting loud to be able to buy a ticket. lol.

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

Many years ago Millersport was a power house. I remember the undefeated/unscored on team. The following year when a team scored on the subs it was as if they had won the super bowl. Some years later I attended a game at Fairfield Union. A good FU team defeated Millersport that night. I think the Lakers ended up 6-4 or 7-3 that year. As I was leaving FU that evening I remember a comment along the lines of 'I won't go watch these losers anymore'. The spiral since that year has been down, down, down and the wins have been few and far between. Fan support is the twelveth man. If your school doesn't have it and the opponents do, you are out-manned!!

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

What Pappy said! I've seen it happen to at least one other school too! Too bad the majority of the crowd can't read/EXPERIENCE this stuff before it happens @ Logan. One positive which may help Logan not sink to the Cellar though- numbers vs. league opponent's numbers.
Could save 'em in the long run. Don't want to test that theory, however. ;)
I do give Logan the nod, but expect the Jackson game, @Jackson to be a nervous record-on-the-line night, and the Portsmouth game @Portsmouth (I think) to be more highly contested than expected. Portsmouth has almost the entire core group returning from a decent season. Jackson is decent enough that the earliest SEOAL game might give the new group of Chiefs some problems on the road. Gonna be one of those seasons where each game reveals something new about the team. (More than usual-hehe)
Good luck all, and GO CHIEFS!!! :)

Native Warrior
Freshman Team

Post by Native Warrior »

Will be huge disappointment in Warrior Nation if our boys do not make playoffs and win league title.

Ironmen32
JV Team

Post by Ironmen32 »

Jackson and Portsmouth game will determine championship. Portsmouth athletes against Jackson huge line (averaging over 200 lbs with a 250 lb TE). Jackson will also end Logan's tremendous streak.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

not going to happen. we hope.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Jackson? Seriously?
Portsmouth?

That's the beauty of this time of year, everyone has high hopes and everyone is undefeated.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

i love this time of year!! its like x-mas eve!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Ironmen32 wrote:Jackson and Portsmouth game will determine championship. Portsmouth athletes against Jackson huge line (averaging over 200 lbs with a 250 lb TE). Jackson will also end Logan's tremendous streak.
I think everyone in the league (including Portsmouth) will average over 200lbs per man on the offensive line. 250# is a huge tight end, but that's just one man.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

LoganLocos wrote:
Ironmen32 wrote:Jackson and Portsmouth game will determine championship. Portsmouth athletes against Jackson huge line (averaging over 200 lbs with a 250 lb TE). Jackson will also end Logan's tremendous streak.
I think everyone in the league (including Portsmouth) will average over 200lbs per man on the offensive line. 250# is a huge tight end, but that's just one man.
The Trojans will average 260lb with these 5.
OT - Casey Sanders - 6'4 - 260lbs - SR *
OG - Brennan Howard - 6'1 - 275lbs - SR *
C - Kyle Ratcliff - 6'4 - 245lbs - JR
OG - Cay Lewis - 6'4 - 245lbs - SR *
OT - Taylor Brown - 6'4 - 275lbs - SR *

that TE jackson has goin at 250 is huge, and I can see causeing some problems.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I'm thinking Ironmen32 might mean that Jackson's O-line could average 300 lbs. That number might be a little high, but it's probably not that far off...I would guess around 275lbs. based on last year's roster and seeing the kids in person during the Red & White scrimmage. Bubba Landrum is 300+, Austin Landrum is 300+, Speakman is at least 275, Kearns is probably 260+...not quite sure who the fifth starter will be at the moment, but they'll be no less than 240 or 250.

Return to “Football”