SVC 2010

Who wins in 2010?

Total votes: 0

hogfarmer
Riding the Bench

Re: SVC 2010

Post by hogfarmer »

Westfall doesn't return a single starter on either side of the ball. From what I have been told, they are only starting 1 or 2 seniors. Mustangmom has gotten a little carried away with her predictions. Westfall will be an average team this year. Once those sophomores and juniors get experience, they will be back again. Learning year up North.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Hogfarmer, there are 14 seniors, and there is more returning than 1 or 2. they just did not seem in sync the other night. I don't know I just hope they figure it out before Friday night.

hogfarmer
Riding the Bench

Post by hogfarmer »

Stangmom, love your enthusiasm, but you're wrong. Not only is there zero returning starters on either side of the ball, rumor has it they may only start 2 or 3 seniors this year period. To expect to win a bunch of games with sophomores and juniors is unrealistic. I'll make a gentleman's wager on a sammich during the Huntsmen game up on Pherson this year if I'm wrong. But I'm not, so talk them into throwing some pork tenderloins on the grill. Just because there are 14 seniors doesn't mean they have 14 with the ability to play. Besides, what coach is going to start a senior over a junior or sophomore if they are equal?

haha :)
Riding the Bench

Post by haha :) »

hogfarmer wrote:Stangmom, love your enthusiasm, but you're wrong. Not only is there zero returning starters on either side of the ball, rumor has it they may only start 2 or 3 seniors this year period. To expect to win a bunch of games with sophomores and juniors is unrealistic. I'll make a gentleman's wager on a sammich during the Huntsmen game up on Pherson this year if I'm wrong. But I'm not, so talk them into throwing some pork tenderloins on the grill. Just because there are 14 seniors doesn't mean they have 14 with the ability to play. Besides, what coach is going to start a senior over a junior or sophomore if they are equal?

Well said.. ha :122245

svcsports
Waterboy

Post by svcsports »

I love how every year everyone says that piketon will be westfall and that someone else will win the league but not westfall. Thats a joke when every year westfall beat's everyone. If i remember right, people on here have said this since westfall went to the final four. For you piketon fans i would not be saying that you will beat westfall because if i am not mistaking westfall beat piketon 42 to 0 two years ago. And the starters did not even play half of the game. Last year westfall beat piketon 41 to 27. So for the past two years you guys have ran your mouth about how your gonna beat westfall EVERY YEAR and it never happens. For the rest of you SVC fans i would hope you have realizes that westfall has beat you guys EVERY YEAR so i would think you would be smart enough to put westfall first in the league until they get beat. Yes westfall is very young this year and it could be their year to lose. The young guys need to get a year of experience under their belts then its back to winning games like westfall is know for. Final thing good luck all SVC teams it could be your year to beat the team that deserves to be picked to win the league this year.

M46
Riding the Bench

Post by M46 »

svcsports wrote:I love how every year everyone says that piketon will be westfall and that someone else will win the league but not westfall. Thats a joke when every year westfall beat's everyone. If i remember right, people on here have said this since westfall went to the final four. For you piketon fans i would not be saying that you will beat westfall because if i am not mistaking westfall beat piketon 42 to 0 two years ago. And the starters did not even play half of the game. Last year westfall beat piketon 41 to 27. So for the past two years you guys have ran your mouth about how your gonna beat westfall EVERY YEAR and it never happens. For the rest of you SVC fans i would hope you have realizes that westfall has beat you guys EVERY YEAR so i would think you would be smart enough to put westfall first in the league until they get beat. Yes westfall is very young this year and it could be their year to lose. The young guys need to get a year of experience under their belts then its back to winning games like westfall is know for. Final thing good luck all SVC teams it could be your year to beat the team that deserves to be picked to win the league this year.
Well my pick was westfall but now After hearing about the young team I will have to put Piketon or adena then westfall. Piketon has all year to get ready for westfall. Gonna be at our field.

svcsports
Waterboy

Post by svcsports »

It does not matter if it is at your field or not because when westfall beat you two years ago it was at your field and it was on your homecoming or senior night. So for that being said it does not matter if they are young or not or if they play at your field or the OSU field they should still be first until someone beats them.

Riding the Bench

You know, if i remember correctly.. Im about 100% possitive, that Westfall did not win the league last year. And for another fact, Westfall is a very young team, great coaching and great potential. Give them a year, and they'll be back at the top. Top 3 in the league this year will most likely be, Adena, Piketon and Unioto. 3 Tough teams, alot of potential. And i would also not count out the Huntsmen, i could slap myself in the face with this pick. But going to each scrimmage this year, and the level of competition each team has played, Huntsmen impressed me the most. Play teams like Portsmouth Notre Dame and Sciotoville east. And winning both Scrimmages. I know they are just scrimmages, but i look for the Huntsmen to have a better year then most of the teams this year, i knwo its just an opinion, and im sure everyone has one. But there are my choices, and im keeping my picks. :?: :?: :?:

M46
Riding the Bench

Post by M46 »

svcsports wrote:It does not matter if it is at your field or not because when westfall beat you two years ago it was at your field and it was on your homecoming or senior night. So for that being said it does not matter if they are young or not or if they play at your field or the OSU field they should still be first until someone beats them.
Well said. Lets see what happens. I Like the mustang's so it should be a good game. But dont try that standing everyone on the field during game this year. Lol

M46
Riding the Bench

Post by M46 »

Cant wait to see huntington and Piketon fight it out.

theair77
Waterboy

Post by theair77 »

1.southeastern- christan colburn Steps up Ray drake is goin run over people they hav the fast guy in Ross county Steven hall he gets the edge he us gone an the line Kyle dunn bradon George christan pugh Skylar garten an Josh Freeman all day
2.westfall- allways good
3.Adena- I just don't see the hype watched the oak hill scrimmage an didn't see hole reed hutchison bout it
4.piketon-big football
5.zane trace just think they've lost to many important seniors from last yr
6.paint valley-watched a 7on7 against southeastern they couldn't stay on the same field as them
7. Unito- don't see anything
8.huntington- no talent like 20 kids

Riding the Bench

well im gunna guess as if, the air is ray drake.. face the facts bud. southeastern has no shot in the world at an svc championship

Riding the Bench

ohh and im pretty exctied for the opener of the svc

theair77
Waterboy

Post by theair77 »

No I'm clearly no Ray drake but alright I'm a sports anlazist for wkkj

Riding the Bench

ohh yeah, because a sports analyst would clearly say Ray Drake inpaticular would flat run over people.. No i dont think so. Get a life and quit posting nonsense stuff like that. Untill we all see a ray drake run over people, that will be the day.. get a little bigger, hit the weights little more. then maybe, but i doubt it. that you have a shot to run over someone..

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

I DON'T think Southeastern will be 7th or 8th...they are so much better than that...you all will see!

M46
Riding the Bench

Post by M46 »

SEfan wrote:I DON'T think Southeastern will be 7th or 8th...they are so much better than that...you all will see!
He they have steven hall this year than they got a good chance to make more touchdowns. He only one to beat everyone in 100 meter in svc. Good speed. But still not gonna beat Piketon this year.

wfbeast
Waterboy

Post by wfbeast »

I see it coming down to the guys up front.
1. Adena - well coached and good up front
2. Westfall - they ARE Westfall
3. Piketon - Tyler will have them whipped into shape
4. Unioto - New coach/New attitude
5-8. Huntington,PV,SE & ZT Pick anyway you want....they will fight for the bottom.

ford7
Waterboy

Post by ford7 »

my picks

1.Adena Heck of a running game
2.Unioto Also good running game
3.Huntington ppl say theres no talent out there? teams that willl take HHS lightly will go home on friday nights disappointed
4.Piketon Speed
5.Southeastern. If Christian colburn has a GREAT year
6.Paintvalley
7.Westfall Lossed vinney williamson teams gonna be to young
8.ZT they lost kirk maxwell and gabe hanes idt the boys will be much this year

This is my opinion

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

Ford7...Christian Colburn WILL have a GREAT year...from what I have been told he has matured a great deal and is focused and ready!
theair77...you are a sports analyst that can't spell? Come on!

Return to “Football”