Week 4- Waverly
Week 5- @ Point Pleasant
Week 6- @ Athens
Week 7- Alexander
Week 8- NY
Week 9- Meigs
Week 10- @ Wellston

...Im pretty sure this is right.

VC will have alot returning..hopfully they can improve and get a few wins next year. I think 4 wins would be a nice jump from 1 this past year. I definatly think they are headed in the right direction though...really good younger classes coming up. Especialy this years 8th grade team(Undefeated).

VC has had huge success at the junior high level for several years, just haven't had a coach that can work with it at the Varsity level. The class of 2010 was undefeated in the 8th grade and as Freshmen, the classes of 2011, 2012, and 2013 also had near perfect (if not perfect) seasons in 8th grade. It has been with a very heavy heart that I have watched my boys go from winning every time they step on the field to being beaten almost every time they step on the field. This years seniors will have to continue their winning ways on the basketball court and wrestling mat where they have GREAT coaches who utilize the talent they have.
That being said, I do hope that football in Vinton County will get back to where it needs to be in the next year or two before we have to many more classes with LOADS of talent wasted.

Are you implying that the football staff isn't any good? I hear the winds of change are blowing in McArthur....any news?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: TVC-Ohio 2010

Post by Orange and Brown »

j-dizzle71 wrote:is athens losing many starters this year? i know alexander's jv stacked up well against the athens jv

They are losing all 5 starting o-Lineman. That alone will make it tough for them next year.

P.huck
Waterboy

Post by P.huck »

VikingWrestlingFan wrote:
VC has had huge success at the junior high level for several years, just haven't had a coach that can work with it at the Varsity level.

This years seniors will have to continue their winning ways on the basketball court and wrestling mat where they have GREAT coaches who utilize the talent they have.

That being said, I do hope that football in Vinton County will get back to where it needs to be in the next year or two before we have to many more classes with LOADS of talent wasted.

Coach Wolford has my complete support in resurrecting the VC program! GO VIKES!

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

some one at work said they are looking for a new coach. and there is drugs in the school, and the school dont care. why would any one want to work or be there. vc just doesnt get it stupid i suppose.

KC Java
Freshman Team

Post by KC Java »

Kenny Bixx wrote:some one at work said they are looking for a new coach. and there is drugs in the school, and the school dont care. why would any one want to work or be there. vc just doesnt get it stupid i suppose.

Pass the BLATZ!

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Kenny Bixx wrote:some one at work said they are looking for a new coach. and there is drugs in the school, and the school dont care. why would any one want to work or be there. vc just doesnt get it stupid i suppose.

Hey Kenny what is your deal? I understand you are unhappy with VC football. You get on here and repeatedly bash the coach and the program. But now you are questioning the whole structure of the school system. I can't believe Hawkeye Pierce is not all over this one?

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

A buddy had just called and told me about this thread. I will only address three issues, they will be blunt and succinct; first, the local news has not been good and it is a travesty for all of the young people involved, hopefully, this will not become too much of a cross to bear for the families. Secondly, I will refrain from commenting on the current state of Vinton County Football. Lastly, Kenny Bixx is an idiot.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

hawkeyepierce wrote:A buddy had just called and told me about this thread. I will only address three issues, they will be blunt and succinct; first, the local news has not been good and it is a travesty for all of the young people involved, hopefully, this will not become too much of a cross to bear for the families. Secondly, I will refrain from commenting on the current state of Vinton County Football. Lastly, Kenny Bixx is an idiot.

Does he always drink on the job.... :lol:

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Wake up to reality. There are drugs in all schools........Name ONE who is immune to his problem. Hey, I hear they offer remedial English at Eastern if you want to brush up on grammar a bit........you reaalllly make yourself look like a idiot on hear........ :lol:

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

Tomcat Pride wrote:

People who get on here and bash coaches usually have no idea what it is like to actually coach a team. If they did they might not be so quick to bash. Support the program by using the old rule of keeping your comments to yourself if you have nothing positive to say. Just do like I do and wait till the guy gets ran out of town before you hammer him. :lol: What is so hard about that?

I like everything in that post except the next to last sentence. :122246

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

I would venture to guess that Newark Catholic and Ready will be too much for NY. If they beat Athens and go 8-2 they get in, lose to athens and 7-3 might not be enough.

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

newlex/sheridan wrote:I would venture to guess that Newark Catholic and Ready will be too much for NY. If they beat Athens and go 8-2 they get in, lose to athens and 7-3 might not be enough.

You can forget about Athens beating NY under the current coach IMHO.

SGestapo
Waterboy

Post by SGestapo »

ellifritz wrote:I expect Nelsonville to beat everybody on there schedule by at least 3 points next year. Coaching sort of holds them back, you know!

Coaching?

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I think Vinton County schools are as good as any . They are honest they try to do things the right way. As for drugs there isnt a community in the USA that this isnt a problem.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

let me talk about meigs. i think they will be really really good next year. they lose several players but the kids who are juniors and sophs are the core of the team. you don't replace a jeremy smith or a jake well but they have some good backs coming. if the 9th graders come around meigs may suprise some people. having less pressure and expectations will be a good thing.

bobcatfan4728
Freshman Team

Post by bobcatfan4728 »

Wellston and NY both have week 5 open lets play a home and home back to back baby. :lol:

4 HORSEMEN
JV Team

Post by 4 HORSEMEN »

I think one of the biggest problems I have seen with VC is the revolving door they have in the coaching position. It seems like VC is always looking for a new coach; they hire one, he coaches one year, everyone begins to speculate when a NEW coach will be hired, and two years later they begin searching again.

It makes it very hard to build a program and a consistant winner without any continuity at the top.

I really believe that with the RIGHT coach, VC could be very successful again. I am not saying it would be easy, and most view VC as a "Basketball School" now, but I still think it is possible (too many athletes to NOT be possible).

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

4 HORSEMEN wrote:I think one of the biggest problems I have seen with VC is the revolving door they have in the coaching position. It seems like VC is always looking for a new coach; they hire one, he coaches one year, everyone begins to speculate when a NEW coach will be hired, and two years later they begin searching again.

It makes it very hard to build a program and a consistant winner without any continuity at the top.

I really believe that with the RIGHT coach, VC could be very successful again. I am not saying it would be easy, and most view VC as a "Basketball School" now, but I still think it is possible (too many athletes to NOT be possible).

Yes, you are correct. The average tenure for a Vinton County football coach is 3.something years. And yes, there is too many athletes, however, they, for whatever reason, do not play football.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

IMO...if Coach Yates is retained...you will see improvement in the Win collum next year. Last year i noticed that twords the halfway point..Yates tried a lot of different things to get something going...injuries played a big role in the 1-9 season..i feel like if VC wouldve stayed healthy last year they could have won 3 or 4 games...and looking at their schedule next year..if they stay healthy, i think 4 wins is very possible. VC has stuck with Yates for a good while now..and i think they should continue to.

jiveturkey
Freshman Team

Post by jiveturkey »

VC Pride wrote:IMO...a good start would be to get Kenny Bixx on the coaching staff

Is Kenny a teacher?

Return to “Football”