All Conference

Re: TVC-Ohio 2010

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Go Bucks!

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:Here is Nelsonville-York's schedule for 2010 (Week 5 is still open as of now)

Week 1 - TRIMBLE
Week 2 - NEWARK CATHOLIC
Week 3 - @ Berne Union
Week 4 - COLUMBUS BISHOP READY
Week 5 -
Week 6 - @ Wellston*
Week 7 - MEIGS*
Week 8 - @ Vinton County*
Week 9 - ALEXANDER*
Week 10 - ATHENS*

I'd like to see NY schedule someone like West Jefferson. Same size school, both communities live and breath football and both travel extreamly well. This would be a money maker at both places, if they were to play a home and home. Also, West Jefferson's coach has TVC ties. Maybe if they have a week 5 opening as well this could happen. However, that would be a brutal non-league schedule for the Buckeyes.

powerliftingnut
Freshman Team

Post by powerliftingnut »

ball hound wrote:
NYBuckeye96 wrote:Here is Nelsonville-York's schedule for 2010 (Week 5 is still open as of now)

Week 1 - TRIMBLE
Week 2 - NEWARK CATHOLIC
Week 3 - @ Berne Union
Week 5 -
Week 6 - @ Wellston*
Week 7 - MEIGS*
Week 9 - ALEXANDER*
Week 10 - ATHENS*

I'd like to see NY schedule someone like West Jefferson. Same size school, both communities live and breath football and both travel extreamly well. This would be a money maker at both places, if they were to play a home and home. Also, West Jefferson's coach has TVC ties. Maybe if they have a week 5 opening as well this could happen. However, that would be a brutal non-league schedule for the Buckeyes.

NY will play @ St Clairsville division 4 in week 5...

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

powerliftingnut wrote:
ball hound wrote:

Week 1 - TRIMBLE
Week 2 - NEWARK CATHOLIC
Week 3 - @ Berne Union
Week 5 -
Week 6 - @ Wellston*
Week 7 - MEIGS*
Week 9 - ALEXANDER*
Week 10 - ATHENS*

NY will play @ St Clairsville division 4 in week 5...

Is that fact??? or Fiction?

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Wellston's Schedule
Jackson -H
Minford-H
Gallia Academy-A
Oak Hill-A
Fairland-A
Nelsonville-H
Athens-A
Meigs-A
Alexander-H
Vinton County-H

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

I would guess considering the source it's pretty accurate. Pnut would definitely know.

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Post by Da Bears »

Sorry to tell the Wellston fans this . . . with that schedule, you win one game next year . . . Vinton County! Wow, killer schedule!!! Your first four . . . well, I feel sorry for your kids.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Da Bears wrote:Sorry to tell the Wellston fans this . . . with that schedule, you win one game next year . . . Vinton County! Wow, killer schedule!!! Your first four . . . well, I feel sorry for your kids.

I wouldnt be so sure on that one...VC gave them all they wanted and more this past year while posting a 1-9 record.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Wellston will not lose to the Vikes in 2010 .

goldenboy
Freshman Team

Post by goldenboy »

With the right coach, Wellston can win the league this yr. They have tons of skill players returning.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

goldenboy wrote:With the right coach, Wellston can win the league this yr. They have tons of skill players returning.

Didnt Wellston graduate 11 total starters? Other than their rb's who is coming back?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Nelsonville-York will repeat as TVC-Ohio Champions once again!!

I look for Meigs to be a little better and Wellston has no where to go but up to. Athens won't be as good because there O-line will have to be replaced. Vinton County looks to have a long road to et back on top and Alexander will finish 2nd or 3rd in the Ohio. It would not surprise me to see Wellston make a little noise this year.

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

Vinton county will beat the freckles of f the rockets, this year and every year after.

@nd_1
Freshman Team

Post by @nd_1 »

Kenny Bixx wrote:Vinton county will beat the freckles of f the rockets, this year and every year after.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

That would make sense if it was a member of the Rockets looking up...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

ATHENS O-line will not have to be completely replaced ... they had some big kids and good football players play all year that will be back ... they have back their entire offensive arsenal basically (Harris, Sharp, Weaver, Dixon) ... don't sleep on the Bulldogs - they are expecting to be right back at the top again with a chance to win the Ohio in week 10.

BytheNumbers
Waterboy

Post by BytheNumbers »

It is very difficult to replace an entire offensive line. I know Athens has the core of their skill players back, but it makes it awfully difficult to produce without a solid line. I'm definitely counting them out, though. They were rather impressive in '09. Nelsonville is always right there as well. It doesn't seem to matter what year it is or who graduated, they are competing for the league title. Maybe not so much a sleeper anymore after the big "W" over Nelsonville laste year are the Spartans of Alexander. No one in the TVC should sleep on these guys. Coach Arno and company have been nothing short of spectacular. It could be a 3-horse race between the three teams I just mentioned. Good luck to all TVC Ohio teams in 2010!

BytheNumbers
Waterboy

Post by BytheNumbers »

BytheNumbers wrote:It is very difficult to replace an entire offensive line. I know Athens has the core of their skill players back, but it makes it awfully difficult to produce without a solid line. I'm definitely counting them out, though. They were rather impressive in '09. Nelsonville is always right there as well. It doesn't seem to matter what year it is or who graduated, they are competing for the league title. Maybe not so much a sleeper anymore after the big "W" over Nelsonville laste year are the Spartans of Alexander. No one in the TVC should sleep on these guys. Coach Arno and company have been nothing short of spectacular. It could be a 3-horse race between the three teams I just mentioned. Good luck to all TVC Ohio teams in 2010!

I should have said that I am NOT counting them out in reference to Athens. This old age is catching up to me!

Mo Rohn
Waterboy

Post by Mo Rohn »

I was hoping to have an off-season power poll. With how good of a poll it was last year, what are the chances that the formula could be tweaked to predict this upcoming season?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Sneak peak at Athens Football in 2010.

Almost all of their offensive production returns:

QB - Trey Harris (The No. 1 QB in the TVC-Ohio last season) 98-177-3-1,380 yds and 19 touchdowns!

RB - Devon Sharp (The No. 7 running back) 84-554 yds and 8 TD's
RB - Tanner Weaver (The No. 9) - 83-405 yds and 5 TD's
RB - Seth Stalder - racked up a ton of yds late in games and flashed a ton of potential.
RB - Chris Russell - Same as above.

WR - Ian Dixon (The No. 3 WR in the TVC-Ohio) 21-375 yds and 4 TD's.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now - for some who believe there are questions about the OL and DL.

1) Trevor Sorrel - 5-foot-8 225 LB (soph) - will be a (Jr.) - played a lot of downs in 2009 at NG and on the OL. He's big and only getting bigger and he's tough ... the kind of kid Athens use to lack in the past, but seem to be finding lately under Adams.

2) Joe Germano - 6-foot-3 210 LB (will be a Sr.) - helped anchor the No. 1 rated defense in the TVC-Ohio last year. Son of Coach Germano at Ohio University ... He's big, strong and fast and hits like a truck ... Will be in the running for defenseive P.O.Y in 2010.

3) Dean Maffin - 5-foot-10 190 LB (will be a Sr.) - was hurt during his soph season so he went through kind of a learning curve in 2009. Has played MLB/FB most of his career and will be looked upon heavilly in 2010 to step up and be the player a lots of folks expect him to be.

4) Mitch Rider - 5-foot-11 200 LB (will be a Jr.) - younger brother of Vinny Ryder, who was defensive P.O.Y in 2009 and recently signed with the Naval Academy. Mitch got a lot of playing time in 2009, mostly as a back-up full back and on defense at linebacker. Watch out for this kid, if he grows like his brother, he should be a beast by the time football season rolls around.

5) Jordan Keener - 6-foot- 270 LB's! - A lot of people know Jon Keener, who anchored the O-line in 2009. Jordan is the same size now and is still growing ... He's part of a group of 'younger brothers' on this team that will make the Bulldogs look & sound a lot like the one in 2009 ... there are like 4 or 5 of them ... so when folks say " Athens won't be as good, they have too many people to replace" - that isn't really the entire truth. Athens has a ton of kids returning everywhere AND the holes which they do have to replace are going to be replaced by kid brothers that are either the same size of not bigger & stronger.

6) Korey Sweeney - Sr. - 5-foot-8 180 lb
Dan Deluca - Sr. - 6-foot 215 lb
Mason Kottyan - Sr. - 5-foot-10 300 lb
Zach Williams - Jr. - 5-foot-10 240 lb
Zac Martin - Sr. - 5-foot-10 220 lb
Jacob Elliott - Jr. - 6-foot-2 200 LB

----------------------------------------------------------

If you're not from Athens and happen to remember names when the Bulldogs play - its going to be easy to mistake the team in 2010 for the one in 2009 or even 2008 ... Not only do you have all the returning skill players, names like RIDER, KEENER, STANLEY, STALDER will all be out their playing - they're just not the same exact kids, same genetics - but different player.

Return to “Football”