Belpre Coach

PerfectionInPurple
Riding the Bench

Re: Belpre Coach

Post by PerfectionInPurple »

Wings wrote:I have my own offense that mu ancestors invented and I am still waiting on youguys to wise up and call me. This offense is so good it dont matter if kids can block or tackle.

Is this guy really a coach?

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

PerfectionInPurple wrote:
Wings wrote:I have my own offense that mu ancestors invented and I am still waiting on youguys to wise up and call me. This offense is so good it dont matter if kids can block or tackle.

Is this guy really a coach?

Didn't he coach at Southern? That lack of need for blocking and tackling sure helped Southern didn't it? :lol:

warrior2012
Freshman Team

Post by warrior2012 »

gpgm6566 wrote:If all you fans from other schools think that our coaching staff was so wonderful, why don't you make a move to get them to come to your school.

About kids not coming to the weight room, the weight program at Belpre is a complete joke, our football coaches or who ever has been in charge have no idea how to get the kids strong. one set of ten are you kidding me?

Did you ever notice that our pee wee programs seem to be able to at least compete with the competition. That's because the competition isn't yet lifting. Then comes jr. high and high school, and we can't compete; because every school we face is much stronger than we are. You ever look at our kids with their shirts off, look at Warren's, NY's,.
We couldn't win a strength contest with anyone. Until this changes don't look for much success at Belpre.

does belpre offer weightlifting as a class?
cause at warren its offered, and mrs.coffman
does not take it lightly. 10 8 6 at your max
weights , 2 core lifts a day, plus abb works outs,
and auxilaries, we take it seriously.

gpgm6566
Varsity

Post by gpgm6566 »

NO!

I can tell Warrens got it going on in the weight room, and I am envious.

ronnie88richards
JV Team

Post by ronnie88richards »

Having known Coach Shriver for awhile I can tell you he is a great teacher not just in the classroom but on the football field, he def. will be missed as a coach for Belpre Football an he def. did what he could with what he had.

screamineagle54
Waterboy

Post by screamineagle54 »

This is the last thing I'm going to say about this topic. We all are on here hiding by another identity, somewhat like cowards or masked heros, but none of us are. Most of us probably wouldn't have the guts to tell the board or tell the Coach how it is in person. I know coaches read these stuff for their entertainment because well lets admit, it's hilarious. Whoever is hired as the next Belpre Coach good luck cause your gonna to need it. The next coach will have supporters at first, but when the team starts to struggle, those so called friends will abandon ship and stab him in the back. So good luck to the next coach and your staff, because your probably going to have to walk the plank not to soon after you get the job.

gpgm6566
Varsity

Post by gpgm6566 »

I resent implication you are making. My name is Jim Packard and I don't have a problem discussing these issues and and my opinions about these matters with anyone, and have done so in the past!

eagledad
Freshman Team

Post by eagledad »

screamineagle54 wrote: Whoever is hired as the next Belpre Coach good luck cause your gonna to need it. The next coach will have supporters at first, but when the team starts to struggle, those so called friends will abandon ship and stab him in the back. So good luck to the next coach and your staff, because your probably going to have to walk the plank not to soon after you get the job.

this is exactly what i mean when i say we need to start with changing the attitude of belpre football. i don't give a rat's hind parts what has happened in the past. it's in the past. winners focus on the present while preparing for the future. the only thing you do with the past is learn from it! until everyone can get over their own agendas, myself included, and get behind whoever the new coach will be, belpre football will not reach it's full potential. let's be positive, have a little faith and do our part to help turn this thing around! the best example i can think of right off the top of my head is sheridan high school. do you know what is, or at least used to be, painted in their endzones? RMA ... which stands for "right mental attitude". i think their success speaks for itself. perhaps we can learn a lesson from the generals. sure, there are many things that contribute to building and maintaining a winning program, but this aint a bad place to start.

go eagles!

otterslide
JV Team

Post by otterslide »

screamineagle54 wrote:
gpgm6566 wrote:If all you fans from other schools think that our coaching staff was so wonderful, why don't you make a move to get them to come to your school.

About kids not coming to the weight room, the weight program at Belpre is a complete joke, our football coaches or who ever has been in charge have no idea how to get the kids strong. one set of ten are you kidding me?

Did you ever notice that our pee wee programs seem to be able to at least compete with the competition. That's because the competition isn't yet lifting. Then comes jr. high and high school, and we can't compete; because every school we face is much stronger than we are. You ever look at our kids with their shirts off, look at Warren's, NY's,.
We couldn't win a strength contest with anyone. Until this changes don't look for much success at Belpre.

Wow! Your comparing high school football ball to pee-wee football. Are you serious? You must be a comedian. Yes I'll agree with you that the weightroom is important, but when you have kids show up and all they want to do is talk even if the coach is telling them not to, it makes it hard to get things done. Workouts would take 3 hrs just to get done. The coaching staff tried to get people in the weightroom during the winter time last year. One kid showed up everyday and most of the time he was the only one. I know there are other sports going on, but one kid, thats ridiculous. In the summertime the kids use these excuses, i have summer baseball, i have summer basketball, or I have summer wrestling. The coach can't tell this kids not to go to these events, because weightlifing is not manditory and nothing is until August. People can say what ever they want, but it comes down to the kids motivating themselves and parent or guadian support.

Going back to the pee-wee program. You want to talk about jokes. This is one of the biggest jokes. You posted earlier or on another subject that we had one of the biggest o-lines, but they basically couldn't block a soul. This is because in the pee-wee program no technique is taught. The coaches just give it to the fastest kid and run. The o-line just kind of stands looking for someone to hit and this is not the kids faults at all. It's the coaches fault for not teaching them technique. It's all about winnning in pee-wee and the coaches are trying to make themselves feel better because they are washed up. It shouldn't be about winning, it should be about teaching them the fundamentals of football, so when these kids get to high school or junior high the coaches are not starting from scratch. Do you know there are kids in high school, who don't even know to get in a three point stance correctly as freshmen.

Wow that is a strong statement stating that PEE WEE is a joke. These kids learn alot. Some kids don't retain as well. I think you need to watch what you are saying about all the parents that help with the Pee Wee program. I really think you have hard feelings about your coaching stint and I sure hope and pray to God that you truely don't mean the things you are saying because you are now stepping on young kids out to have fun and like to win. Any kid likes to win and feel as though they are a winners. They are kids. I believe you have taken this way to far. Are you telling me kids don't like to win? I know you are still a young guy and until you have kids or spend any time with the youth sporting groups I stronly suggest you be careful in the things you say. I as well won't hide who I am... Jason Shutts...so if you are referring to any of my posts well here you go.

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

wow, i am speechless..here we go, another turd hiding behind another identity. For one, you can't call someone by name on SEOP, its against the rules, so i hope you get kicked off, number two, i don't think screamineagle54 is zach kress, because i know zach kress personally, and im pretty sure he gets on here and reads this stuff and just laughs, because it really is funny to see what people like you have to say. As far as i know, Zach Kress started 40 games in his high school career (the only gmae he didn't start being the game vs warren his freshman year, where he entered the game early in the 1st quarter), how many did you start? Or did you even play? I didn't know you could start 40 games and not know fundamentals of football. I know fundamentals of football and i didn't even play. Another point in your post, just to clear things up with Zach, he did not "drop out" at muskingum, he transferred to go to school at home so he could coach, and he is back at Muskingum, and his grades are very good. And another point, he was a freshman when he played for Muskingum? He played college football, did you ever play a college sport? Muskingum had 4 returning starters on the offensive line when Kress went to Muskingum, he dressed varsity and was second string tackle, thats an accomplishment if you ask me. I don't think he could have made the team if he was "horrible" or didn't know fundamentals, your comments blow my mind.

screamineagle54
Waterboy

Post by screamineagle54 »

I just want to clear some things up. I never meant for my previous post to sound like I was attacking young innocent kids. I would never do that they are defenseless. I said it was not the kids faults it was the coaches. So i'm sorry if I offended anyone. I like how it's a guessing game to find out who I am. You don't have to tell me your name because I don't care. I am not Zach Kress, so I want to clear that up. Again I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

eagle 10 is no longer with us, its against the rules to name a psoter by name even if he was wrong.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:eagle 10 is no longer with us, its against the rules to name a psoter by name even if he was wrong.

Thank you Ozzie. :aaaaa59

MariettaPride21
S

Post by MariettaPride21 »

alot of drama!

zerotosixtynforty
JV Team

Post by zerotosixtynforty »

Has anyone heard on the status of the Belpre head coaching position? ? ? thoughts we would have heard something by now . . . . .

Return to “Football”