Wheelersburg @ Portsmouth week 3

PTrojan59
S

Re: Wheelersburg @ Portsmouth week 3

Post by PTrojan59 »

I said nothing about Burg being young having anything to do with Portsmouth passing all over them I think we have a good Qb great receivers and I simply think we will throw alot and have success that's just my opinion which I'm entitled to

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

The Burg needs to get to Jordan as much as possible and not give him time to set up and find the open man. If he has the time to do that he will more than likely pick the Burg apart with his passing.

Burg#1
JV Team

Post by Burg#1 »

portsmouth_trojan59 wrote:I said nothing about Burg being young having anything to do with Portsmouth passing all over them I think we have a good Qb great receivers and I simply think we will throw alot and have success that's just my opinion which I'm entitled to
didnt mean anything towards you- sorry if it sounded that way- just replying to the thread

IronBurg_89
Waterboy

Post by IronBurg_89 »

Everyone is talking about skill and speed?? guess what both teams have it and both teams will bring it!!
But it may come down to these (2) young men! the QB's and they are very close in numbers both like to run & throw.
Win or lose they have been the difference for there teams.
Stat comparison through the first (2) games (going by portsmouth daily times stats)

A Shears
Passing - 20/26 321 yds 2 tds 1int
Rushing - 14 att, 56 yds 1 td

M Jordon
Passing - 17/37 344 yds 3 tds 4 int
Rushing - 20 att, 26 yds 1 td

Good luck to both teams the rest of the season and stay healthy, I'm going with the Burg in this one. GO PIRATES

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth CAN WIN this game but they cannot turn the ball over at the rate they have in the first 2 games........at least 8 turnovers total vs. Wilmington and West..........we have heard it a million times, but the team that makes the fewest turnovers usually wins.......certainly true in the Trojans' case.

Last 10 games vs. West, Wheelersburg, and Ironton..........the Trojans are 1-9, with the only win vs. West 2 years ago in the Coliseum.........and these are all schools that have similar enrollments to PHS.

I will be there cheering for the Men of Troy..........hopefully our kids can put 4 good quarters of football together........if they do, I believe they will win.

GO TROJANS!!!

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

Ptown Playmaker wrote:So, Portsmouth having the ball close to mid-field with 3 minutes to go.....only down 7.......a chance to tie or win doesn't constitute a struggle? Yes, West dominated on paper and on the field.....but the game was far from over til that last possession was stopped.....I was there and I believe it was a struggle til the end.
wait....what???

if west dominated on paper and field, I feel like they dominated the game all around but thats just IMO..

Moving on to this week's game, I have to go with Burg in a close one....

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

If Burg's O-line can give Shears enough time to make good decisions, Burg will be able to make it 4 in a row over the Trojans. I look for this to be a high scoring game with Burg taking it 34-20.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Portsmouth can win this if they can work a short passing game and go for the deep ball with Evans...they outsmarted (which happens frequently) and coughed the ball up too much against Wilmington and had a bad matchup vs. West. They have as good as skill as anyone they just need to utilize it...but, with that being said, I think Burg wins by 6

Soho
Waterboy

Post by Soho »

Burg wins by 1.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

The young pirates seem like they rebounded pretty good after their week 1 game and boosted their confidence, what I seen last week with the Trojans they are very athletic but they dont tackle well our backs and qb broke lots of tackles for extra yards last week and it seems to me in the last few years since they started running this spread type offense that they are not very physical like the Trojan teams of old and I cant hardly root against the colors of orange and black I say BURG 28-19.

The Babe
Waterboy

Post by The Babe »

I gotta go with burg in this one......28-20

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

So far this season Burg has got handled by a very good 2-0 Ironton team, and put a butt whipping on a very down and out manned Oak Hill.
So far this season PHS lost a heartbreaker to a good D2 2-0 Wilmington team they had on the ropes and let it slip away, and hung around with a very good 2-0 West team.
What’s this mean well although PHS has failed to pick up a victory yet this year they have been in 2 ball games with chances to win late against 2 good teams. Burg hasn’t been in a competitive game yet this season. I think this may hurt Burgs young team, and help the Trojans.
If the Trojans could cut out turnovers they could have (not would have) won both their first 2 games.
My prediction will be the Trojans finally get it together this week. Won’t be able to stop Burg but will slow them down PHS 33 Burg 21.
Last PHS victory over Burg was 2007, SENIORS DON'T GO OUT WITHOUT A WIN!!!!

Archie
Waterboy

Post by Archie »

FIDO wrote:If a team isn't fundamentally sound then that's a coaching problem. I don't give a darn if you get beat by 60, by better athletes, but I do give a darn when a team can't block and tackle or they are making a ton of boneheaded errors. It's a sure sign a team lacks discipline and coaching. IF THE BABY IS UGLY, CALL THE BABY UGLY!! Someone needs to LIGHT a fire or expect more of the same each game!!
Couldn't have said it better myself!!! How true!!!

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

FIDO wrote:If a team isn't fundamentally sound then that's a coaching problem. I don't give a darn if you get beat by 60, by better athletes, but I do give a darn when a team can't block and tackle or they are making a ton of boneheaded errors. It's a sure sign a team lacks discipline and coaching. IF THE BABY IS UGLY, CALL THE BABY UGLY!! Someone needs to LIGHT a fire or expect more of the same each game!!
Absolutely!

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Must win for the Trojans. (Sad that you have to say that when it's only week three). However, if the Trojans can limit turnovers and actually play 4 quarters of football, they can win any remaining games.

I see Portsmouth getting it done this week...

Portsmouth - 33
Wheelersburg - 27

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

What I seen last week at Portsmouth could lead to a long season. If Portsmouth does not beat the Burg this week it will be a very long season but don't count out the Burg and their Coaching staff.

fan4sure
Freshman Team

Post by fan4sure »

run between the tackles and success is the burgs. Portsmouth can not stop the run at all, they seem to lack in the ability to tackle. If burg has to pass due to lack of a run game it will be a close game.

Soho
Waterboy

Post by Soho »

Burg will win this one. Portsmouth doesn't want to win, and the school administration obviously wants the football team to lose. If this is not true, they would have hired a football coach by now.

Burg 48
Portsmouth 14

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Soho wrote:Burg will win this one. Portsmouth doesn't want to win, and the school administration obviously wants the football team to lose. If this is not true, they would have hired a football coach by now.

Burg 48
Portsmouth 14

Wow. Although alot of people will bash you for that, at least you had the balls to say it. And I will not bash you for it ;-)

I truly believe that Portsmouth has had just as much talent as Ironton over the past 10 years. Look at the results. A down year here and there is one thing, but a program going downhill for several years now is another. I think their coach is a fine person, but sometimes change is good.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

we play both, so i hope both teams have great years, injury free games and lots of computer points, that is if my tigers beat them both. done got the burg under the belt.

Return to “Football”