SEOPS HO

Re: Questions about D. Roback & C. Southworth

Post by smurray »

The Doc must be off his medicine.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Wow, I must say I am suprised to heard Notre Dame has offered. I hope he does it. If I had a choice of Notre Dame or Toledo or UC, I know where I would go. He will have a good chance at some BCS bowl games at ND, as well as attending an excellent academic school. Congrats to him, I wish him the best wherever he may chose.

Footballfan1
Waterboy

Post by Footballfan1 »

"He will have a good chance at some BCS bowl games at ND, as well as attending an excellent academic school. "

I agree with the excellent education, but I do not see ND in a BCS bowl game in the next 3-4 years.
Congrats to the kid!!

Doc Panther
JV Team

Post by Doc Panther »

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Doc,
What does that thread have to do with anything? People comparing Derek and Pat?

Doc Panther
JV Team

Post by Doc Panther »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:Doc,
What does that thread have to do with anything? People comparing Derek and Pat?

From Paladin in that thread:

From what I understand , Roback has not been recruited as a QB anywhere. Because of his size they all look at him as a TE.

Orange and Brown then says LBer......those are not my sources (albeit good ones)...I'm just a recruiting nut who keeps tabs on good players...and yes I am off the meds...if I was back on it would be not be pretty.

bookem13
JV Team

Post by bookem13 »

Neither are from Waverly...he was recruited as a QB. Some coaches may have had some ideas (when you see a physical specimen like him it's hard not to imagine other positions), but he was offer several D-1 scholarships as a QB.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Doc,
He is being recruited as a QB. Will he play QB at Notre Dame or Toledo? No one knows that because we cannot tell the future.

coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

congrats to Derek wish him the best, but I can't see N.D. making a bcs bowl anytime soon.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Notre Dame has recruited an outstanding 6'3 QB from Lake Forrest, Il. ( Rees)who graduated early and is already enrolled on campus. They also have a verbal from Hendrix, QB from Cin. Moeller and the word is that Massa, QB from Cin. St. X will decommit from Cincy this week-end and accept a schollie to ND as well. All are higher rated than Roback and had the better quality competition.

Roback is recruited as an athlete and will be moved. Special teams is probable. In addition, there is another QB coming in who will also be moved.

But feel free to believe what you want. The picture will soon become clear.

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Who cares what position he plays, he will be on the University of Notre Dame football team!!!!!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Paladin,
It's not about what we want to believe. You come one here and make statements that he was not recruited at QB and that is false. But, as I said before, he may not see one down at that position and that's okay. As hbk123 said, who cares where he plays. I agree with you about fitting in well at special teams to begin with and work in at other positions as he develops. You never know how an 18 year old kid is going to develop once he gets in college and matures. I will not be so bold to say he will never QB in college.

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Roback
could be
a
qb
te
wr
safety
lb
punter
etc.

I think they know what they are doing.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

The question about what positiion he will play will be answered soon enough. Look for him to be red-shirted the first year. Then, his second year, you'll see what happens.

Toledo had no intention of playing him as a QB but as a receiver. ND will look to bulk him up. He'll be labeled an athlete there and used on special teams at various kicking team positions. Lots of guys play special teams and rarely anything else. The level of QB play far exceeds that of Toledo at ND. The Irish suck, but not that bad !! :lol: :lol:

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

^^^^^
Bit of Jealousy?

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Sounds that way doesn't it!

We have had this discussion before, but why can't people in Southern Ohio be excited for a kid that is going to NOTRE DAME!!!!!!!!!!

Unreal, people are happier if you are a good HS athlete and then hang around town for the rest of your life talking about what might have been.

Tigers24
Freshman Team

Post by Tigers24 »

Paladin wrote:The question about what positiion he will play will be answered soon enough. Look for him to be red-shirted the first year. Then, his second year, you'll see what happens.

Toledo had no intention of playing him as a QB but as a receiver. ND will look to bulk him up. He'll be labeled an athlete there and used on special teams at various kicking team positions. Lots of guys play special teams and rarely anything else. The level of QB play far exceeds that of Toledo at ND. The Irish suck, but not that bad !! :lol: :lol:

Jealousy is an understatement.

Paladin
The facts are that if Derek chooses ND he will be a DIVISION 1 college football player (no matter what position) for a major BCS school that plays every single game on national TV. There are very few kids from Pike County or southeastern Ohio for that matter that can say that. Congrats to you again Derek, you deserve every honor and offer that you have, and to you Paladin "Hate on Hater" :mrgreen:

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

It is interesting that the Logan faithful seem to think Angle should be going straight to the NFL and Roback with his 8 or 9 D1 offers is overrated.

Hard to make sense of that one.

Return to “Football”