New coach at Southern....

I smell good
JV Team

New coach at Southern....

Post by I smell good »

Didn't see why the last one disappeared.

EagleFan2010
Freshman Team

Re: New coach at Southern....

Post by EagleFan2010 »

That is odd..what happened to the former coach?

I smell good
JV Team

Post by I smell good »

Wasn't rehired.

EagleFan2010
Freshman Team

Post by EagleFan2010 »

Hmm..that makes next to no sense. They had a decent season.

I smell good
JV Team

Post by I smell good »

They should have been A LOT better then 5-5.

old bird
Freshman Team

Post by old bird »

I smell good wrote:They should have been A LOT better then 5-5.

i don't know about A LOT

I smell good
JV Team

Post by I smell good »

Loss to Miller was due to ignorance. Who doesn't run a prevent defense at the end of that game?

Eastern they were clearly out coached. Their D knew exactly what Southern was going to run.

That's two more games to put them at 7-3.

If the Symmes game was played later in the year I think that could have been a different ballgame as well.

EagleFan2010
Freshman Team

Post by EagleFan2010 »

Miller I agree Southern should have had that

And I also agree that Eastern knew every play you guys were going to run. Scouting is key.

I smell good
JV Team

Post by I smell good »

Couldn't have been too hard. They only ran about three different plays.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

You should have beaten Miller. But you should have lost to FH too. And there is no way in the world you were going to beat Symmes Valley. You people get caught up too much in what the kids do in Jr High. I know last years Jr High team was decent. So I am sure that had something to do with the decision to get rid of this coach. The old, "these Jr High kids will be great in high school if we get them a good coach." But please name me what coach has ever gone in there and been successful? And I am not talkig about a 6-4, then a 2-8, then 4-6, then 1-9... type of seasons. I am talking about success as compared to other schools. Sometimes it isn't the coach. It is the culture. Changing the coach won't guarantee a change in culture. Good luck though.

Purple&Yellow Pride
Freshman Team

Post by Purple&Yellow Pride »

M0TIVAT0R wrote:You should have beaten Miller. But you should have lost to FH too. And there is no way in the world you were going to beat Symmes Valley. You people get caught up too much in what the kids do in Jr High. I know last years Jr High team was decent. So I am sure that had something to do with the decision to get rid of this coach. The old, "these Jr High kids will be great in high school if we get them a good coach." But please name me what coach has ever gone in there and been successful? And I am not talkig about a 6-4, then a 2-8, then 4-6, then 1-9... type of seasons. I am talking about success as compared to other schools. Sometimes it isn't the coach. It is the culture. Changing the coach won't guarantee a change in culture. Good luck though.

Finally something we agree on........We have had some very good coaches go through Southern and all left with losing records in their time here. Folks, WAKE UP....it aint the coaching......There is a culture of losing that follows football at Southern but no other sport....We need to ask ourselves what will we do about it......

The Dog
Freshman Team

Post by The Dog »

Nuthin wrong with losing in football in my book. It only makes the basketball program stronger. As long as you are good in one of them is what I say it should be basketball. Back in the day we never did much good in football and look what we did. We almost won the whole dham state in basketball. They tell me to be good in football you have to lift them dham weights. Well them weights will kill a basketball team. So if that is what you are talkin bout when you say culture then I hope it never changes in Racine cause if it does then that will end any chance of being good in basketball.

Purple&Yellow Pride
Freshman Team

Good job Dog......you always could get right to the heart of the problem. Besides, Southern wasnt any good when their new coach played and I figger him to have the same level of suckcess as a coach.....

The Dog
Freshman Team

Post by The Dog »

I wish the new football coach good luck whoever he is as long as he dont try to get them baskebtall boys to liftin them dam weights.

Purple&Yellow Pride
Freshman Team

He never liftd either so I doubt it is much of a priority.

How many kids off that undefeated Junior High team have signed up for the new coach?

PerfectionInPurple
Riding the Bench

Post by PerfectionInPurple »

Did "Yunior Boy" get the job?

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

Purple Hickey wrote:This running out on a rail action is all political. The basketball minded power brokers in Racine were staring a football program right in the face for the first time in history. There is no way they could allow a coach the caliber of Wings "Tea Bag" Teaford to continue to coach. All he ever did wrong was win football games. But in Racine that is a mortal sin. The man had the Tornadoes on the brink of the state playoffs on several occasions. A league title was within arms reach as well. Yet every time he took a step forward the powers that be would push him back two or three. Players would mysteriosly be failing classes, schedules would be changed, practice fields un available, or athletes not allowed to lift weights by other coaches. The list goes on and on. So I am sure they will hire some round headed fool to coach football. Then the old rule of if you play football don't bother coming out for basketball will be in full effect once again. I for one am done. But from what I have been hearing I might get to see Wings coach again. But this time it will be in Green and White and in a winning program. You know the one, just over the hill? Good luck Wings wherever you land. If it is at Eastern like I hear it will be, then I will be there clad in Green supporting you. You are a great coach. But you know that already.

WOW! Looks like there is more than one Coach's Wife on here. :lol:

jiveturkey
Freshman Team

Post by jiveturkey »

Wings Teaford wrote:Listen, I have great qualifications. I am the 7th son of the 7th son of the inventor of the Wing T offense. I brought a cutting edge offseason program to Racine emphasizing cattleballs, and I managed to fight through the basketball program to put up two weining seasons at Southern. While I am no lnger needed at Southern, I am sure that Marietta, Parkersburg, Warren, or any of the other schools looking for a coach will appreciate my body of work....

This guy will be a force to be reckoned with. Better hope Eastern doesn't snag him.....

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

maybe they should drop football and start up soccer.

what do you think dog?

soccer and basketball are both girl sports and southern almost won it all in basketball! :mrgreen:

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

whompascat wrote:maybe they should drop football and start up soccer.

what do you think dog?

soccer and basketball are both girl sports and southern almost won it all in basketball! :mrgreen:

Soccer might be a good thing for Southern. They need something to occupy time for some of those kids. Maybe that would be something that would keep them from getting on SEOPS and clogging up threads with senseless babbling, misquotes, and name calling. Obviously the kids who are taking part in that on here are not playing football. Maybe they would give soccer a try?

Return to “Football”