New coach at Southern....

I smell bad
Varsity

Re: New coach at Southern....

Post by I smell bad »

M0TIVAT0R wrote:You should have beaten Miller. But you should have lost to FH too. And there is no way in the world you were going to beat Symmes Valley. You people get caught up too much in what the kids do in Jr High. I know last years Jr High team was decent. So I am sure that had something to do with the decision to get rid of this coach. The old, "these Jr High kids will be great in high school if we get them a good coach." But please name me what coach has ever gone in there and been successful? And I am not talkig about a 6-4, then a 2-8, then 4-6, then 1-9... type of seasons. I am talking about success as compared to other schools. Sometimes it isn't the coach. It is the culture. Changing the coach won't guarantee a change in culture. Good luck though.

When you have never won a league title and your best record in the last 20 years is 6-4 the expectations for the new coach can not be very high to say the least. They have 28 wins in the last 10 years. That is 2.8 wins per season. 28-72 over the last 10 years may rival the state for the worst decade in football history. So Motivator might be onto something there.

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

Binary wrote:
Purple Hickey wrote:This running out on a rail action is all political. The basketball minded power brokers in Racine were staring a football program right in the face for the first time in history. There is no way they could allow a coach the caliber of Wings "Tea Bag" Teaford to continue to coach. All he ever did wrong was win football games. But in Racine that is a mortal sin. The man had the Tornadoes on the brink of the state playoffs on several occasions. A league title was within arms reach as well. Yet every time he took a step forward the powers that be would push him back two or three. Players would mysteriosly be failing classes, schedules would be changed, practice fields un available, or athletes not allowed to lift weights by other coaches. The list goes on and on. So I am sure they will hire some round headed fool to coach football. Then the old rule of if you play football don't bother coming out for basketball will be in full effect once again. I for one am done. But from what I have been hearing I might get to see Wings coach again. But this time it will be in Green and White and in a winning program. You know the one, just over the hill? Good luck Wings wherever you land. If it is at Eastern like I hear it will be, then I will be there clad in Green supporting you. You are a great coach. But you know that already.

WOW! Looks like there is more than one Coach's Wife on here. :lol:

I just had the chance to read this. HILARIOUS! "The brink of the state playoffs?" When? "League title within arms reach?" When? Now the part I underlined I can see happening. Most of the rest of that post is the fantasy of some crony though. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

Who in this day and age would not want any athlete , basketball player or football player not being in a strength and weight lifting program? Oak Hill basketball players lift and they won the state last year.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

You would be surprise of the individuals in SE Ohio that believe lifting weights will have an adverse affect on shooting the basketball

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Teaford disappeared?!?!?! Is David Copperfield in Racine??? Jesus, it would take one Hell of a magician to make a man of Teaford's girth disappear!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

If "ifs ands and buts were nuts", there would be a 55 gallon drum of Planters Dry Roasted peanuts sitting in the High School parking lot in Racine :roll: :roll:

Frankly, alot of schools lose some games that they should have won, and conversely, win some games that they should have lost. It happens to most, and it isn't exclusive to Racine.

They gave Teaford what, three or four seasons to establish a winning program, to no avail? As was previously mentioned, the culture has to change in the program if they want a consistent winner. If the new coach can shift the culture, the battle is half won.

Good luck in your search for a new coach.

I smell good
JV Team

Post by I smell good »

They have a new coach.

It will be the same thing as the last one.

They hired another "hometown hero" as the coach so it will business as usual.

King of Kings
Freshman Team

Post by King of Kings »

I watched the Jr. High Federal Hocking vs. Southern game this past season. I believe Teaford's son was the QB of the team and they were a pretty good. I thought the kid was a decent qb as well. Will this kid be transferring out of the district and taking some pretty good talent with him as a result of this?

Culture is the hardest thing to change. For some reason, it seems like it is really to build up and very easy to lose. If you need proof of this, just look at the current state the U.S.A. is in right. The Founding Fathers of this country would probably be about ready to have another Boston Tea Party right about now.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Good luck!!!

PerfectionInPurple
Riding the Bench

Post by PerfectionInPurple »

King of Kings wrote:I watched the Jr. High Federal Hocking vs. Southern game this past season. I believe Teaford's son was the QB of the team and they were a pretty good. I thought the kid was a decent qb as well. Will this kid be transferring out of the district and taking some pretty good talent with him as a result of this?

Culture is the hardest thing to change. For some reason, it seems like it is really to build up and very easy to lose. If you need proof of this, just look at the current state the U.S.A. is in right. The Founding Fathers of this country would probably be about ready to have another Boston Tea Party right about now.

Remember the QB at Kentucky....Jared Lorenzen....this kid has Lorenzen written all over him. Back before the NFL established rules about uniform numbers Otto Graham wore #60. I think the kid should do that to honor Graham. Plus he can line up at tackle on running plays and move to QB whenever they want to throw.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by PerfectionInPurple on Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

From all accounts he could be taking snaps at Eastern next year.

King of Kings
Freshman Team

Post by King of Kings »

Perfection in Purple,
You are talking about a 13 or 14 year old kid. That is not cool at all. I hope it makes you feel better about yourself to talk about kids like that. :oops: Usually the people who blast children have huge problems of their own. I suggest you take a look in a mirror and figure yours out.

Farmer Yoder
Freshman Team

Post by Farmer Yoder »

These southern folks are quick to knock on a guy who tries to better himself. I figger thats why they are raggin on the program...

PerfectionInPurple
Riding the Bench

Post by PerfectionInPurple »

Hey, the kid has a BIG arm just like the kid at UK. I was just trying to make a comparison. Na harm intended. Will edit my post.....geez!

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

I smell bad wrote:From all accounts he could be taking snaps at Eastern next year.

So has Teaford been hired at Eastern already?

EagleFan2010
Freshman Team

Post by EagleFan2010 »

This thread is getting heated haha

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

I smell good wrote:They have a new coach.

It will be the same thing as the last one.

They hired another "hometown hero" as the coach so it will business as usual.

who is the new coach?

bcnu
Freshman Team

Post by bcnu »

http://www.mydailysentinel.com/pages/fu ... eft_column

About halfway in the article "Kyle Wickline was hired on a supplemental contract as the varsity boys football coach for the 2010 season."

And Eastern is very happy with Coach Tipton.

I smell good
JV Team

Post by I smell good »

Brilliant Hire :roll:

wizard of oz.
Riding the Bench

Post by wizard of oz. »

Another T.V.C. championship for my TOMCATS!

old bird
Freshman Team

Post by old bird »

should I know who this new coach is

Return to “Football”