What is included in Stark County's "Package" to the OHSAA

Paladin
SEOP

Re: What is included in Stark County's "Package" to the OHSAA

Post by Paladin »

The OHSAA long ago concluded that to keep the games lucrative and polular, they had to maximize their profits and keep the FAN BASE happy. That they have done. To hold the games anywhere but the NEO locations cuts inot their profits because OTHERS, be it CentraL OHIO OR ELSWHERE WANT TO make money off the games

Games in Central Ohio was "POORLY" attended by Central Ohio ( and elsewhwere). The fan base that you want the OHSAA to alienate is in NEO. That isn't going to happen , no matter how long or how loud you whine. It doesn't make sense money-wise to OHSAA and risks the money they do make by moving the games. OSU, besides being too big, is too expensive. With the games on TV, moving the games to Columbus means they risk losing the NEO fan base coming to the games. Since no one else comes in the numbers that they do, OHSAA understood you keep your customers happy. A few river rats won't cut much with OHSAA.

The governing board of OHSAA is made up of ELECTED school personnel( Principals, Supts,etc) from member schools from each of the regions. They approve the set-up for the games. There are way more people on the board from the rest of Ohio than there are from NEO. Strike 3. You lose again.

The games are going nowhere. :lol: :lol: :lol:

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

ok, are thier books public??? how much tax money flows into the crime familey OHSAA????

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

OHSAA is a private entity governed by members elected from member schools ( public & private) who oversee a staff hired to run the organization. The only "tax" money used is the membership fees from each scool, which isn't much. The $$$$$$$$ OHSAA operates on income from the tournaments. Ticket sales, TV revenue and miscellaneous make-up the bulk. The OHSAA depends on the games for revenue to operate.

Whine on.

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Post by Da Bears »

You guys can beat this to death . . . there is one guy that can get them moved to Columbus . . . the little vest man. If Jim Tressell wanted the games in Columbus they would be there. However, he is a NE Ohio guy . . . he will never do that. Way to much $$$$ goes back home. Been told that by someone who is on the very inside of the OSU Athletic Dept.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

well thanks this should be asked directly.. to the vest man ..cant wait for the call in show..just win a darn bowl game...and i hope everyone calls to ask this ? wow and he was at youngstown..state, crime family central..i tried to get on ohsaa to see the boards home location of all members... cant find?? can anyone help?

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Hey, whiners

go to the OHSAA website,,,,,,,, on the top line , click ABOUT............. a dropdown menu will appear.......... click on any of the Districts ( they are all there).............. when a District page comes on, go to the left hand side and click on BOARD MEMBERS. You'll see every board member in the state doing that for each district and find that there are a WHOLE lot of folks outside of NEO that control ( or could control) where the games are played. Read the SE district. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Then the rest of the state. 8)

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

thanks, but cant wait to asked the vest man ..the big??? why " THE OHIO STATE" cant plan for the state FOOTBALL championship games??

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Tressel will tell you he doesn't control that -- correct. Tressel will tell you to talk to OHSAA--correct. Tressel will tell you the games, for all the reasons I did, are where they belong if asked for an opinion.

Whine on.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

I would still love to have it on film or sound... NO whining here ... just like the facts!!!!!

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Jim Tressell want the North South football game played in April ( right in the middle of Track and Baseball season) guess what. It will be in April this year. If he wanted the Finals in Columbus don't kid yourself and think they would stay in NE Ohio. You should be soooo proud of all those NE OHio all star teams that continually play for the state titles. WHy are you on a SE Ohio site anyway?

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

bengalfan76 wrote:Jim Tressell want the North South football game played in April ( right in the middle of Track and Baseball season) guess what. It will be in April this year. If he wanted the Finals in Columbus don't kid yourself and think they would stay in NE Ohio. You should be soooo proud of all those NE OHio all star teams that continually play for the state titles. WHy are you on a SE Ohio site anyway?

I agree...separate all those power house teams back into their own school teams that they started out at..and they wouldn't compete with the Ironton's...Coshocton's...are Clearcreeks...To put together winning teams at a public school that doesn't have people transferring in...in droves...and only having one losing season in forty plus years...can Cleveland's all-star circuit even compete with that..I don't think so...

I really feel that one day someone will come into the OHSAA with some integrity and some balls...and do something about the travesty that is going on in Ohio high school football....Until then...I would appreciate if someone could do the research to find out who the governing body is and get some e-mail addresses...so maybe Southeasterohiopreps.com people as a group could send them all of our concerns personally...Can anyone volunteer?

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

The OHSAA will hold the state finals at a location that will provide them with the most money, period. The OHSAA won't move them to a central location just to make it more accessible to fans, that's not their primary concern.

As far as where the fans come from to watch the games, that's anyone's best guess with the results changing from year to year. I'm sure there are some people who attend the finals every year no matter who plays. The teams that are playing in the finals will affect who watches the games. I'm sure people will travel to watch their local team play regardless of where the games are held. I'd also say that tracking who purchased last year's tickets is an inexact way to predict who will attend next year. There can be so many factors that affect someone's decision to attend like the weather, it's not simple to say who will come from year to year.

I don't think the games are held in Stark County because it is expected that most teams playing in the finals will come from that area. That's just an arrogant opinion on the level of football played in that area.

I personally don't care where the games are played. I just feel that money has and will always drive where they are played. If the OHSAA is satisfied with the way things run in Stark County and the amount of money they make, why change it?

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Several points on the North-South game --

tradition held that this was a summer all star game and coaches held a state coaches clinic during the week. Game was in Fawcett Stadium in Canton. I went for years when I coached. Then , along came an all star game between Ohio & Pa. It was held at a different date allowing players to play both games. Things turned ugly and Ohio got to thumping Pa. pretty good on an annual basis. Pa. , host of the game , changed the date for the game to coincide with the North-South game, forcing kids to chose which game they would play and weakening the Ohio team.......... Pa.'s intent.

Also , many college coaches started to place limitations on their recruits for the number of games and time when they could play in all star games so they didn't lose a player to an injury before he started college on schollie. The move to April does two things -- it breaks the Pa. demand for the game at the previous date for the North-South game and also plays an all star game that many players want to be in before restrictions come from college coaches as the start of the college season approaches. At least in the North , while great pride is taken in winning the North-South game, an even bigger incentive and pride involve winning the Ohio-Pa all star game , as both states are recognized in having some of the best prep FB in the nation.If the game comes off in April as a success, then the Ohio-Pa game can continue ( as long as Pa doesn't mind losing, :lol: ) and meet the college coaches concerns that their H.S. recruits limit themselves to one "summer" all star game. 8)

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

^^^^^^
Now that is funny.lol

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

I would love to see those PETA women sick some of their mad dawgs on some of those OHSAA people who make the decision...even dogs wouldn't like their logic....

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Football”