Portsmouth Spartans

BigSlowWhiteGuy
Riding the Bench

Re: Portsmouth Spartans

Post by BigSlowWhiteGuy »

I'd love to see Portsmouth and Ironton High's do a Throwback uniform game featuring Tank and Spartan Jersy's. I know the cost would be high for doing just one game but I'd bet both schools combined could raise the money for Jersy's, Helmets and Pants. Since we no longer play at Spartan Stadium I think the game would be held at the Tank.

BigSlowWhiteGuy
Riding the Bench

Post by BigSlowWhiteGuy »

Awesome! but I guess someone might get hurt.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

BigSlowWhiteGuy wrote:I'd love to see Portsmouth and Ironton High's do a Throwback uniform game featuring Tank and Spartan Jersy's. I know the cost would be high for doing just one game but I'd bet both schools combined could raise the money for Jersy's, Helmets and Pants. Since we no longer play at Spartan Stadium I think the game would be held at the Tank.

maybe we could get a outside sponsor for such a game?? maybe just the jerseys and have a way to purchase our favorite team?

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Jerseys would be just fine.
Maybe get Newberrys in Portsmouth and Bob Linn's in Ironton to sponsor the games.
Then allow fans of both to buy relicas

Play the Game on Saturday night and the crowd would be huge.
Make a portion of the gate reciepts go to restoring and up keep of the Tank and Spartan stadiums.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

^^^^^^
I know that they no longer play there but I would hate to see the old girl decay that way.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

^^^^
Still it couldn't hurt to set back a couple dollars from each ticket to restore the stadium.
It is a historical site and should be protected. Not putting anyone down.

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

So what does a Spartans jersey look like?

maintenanceman
Riding the Bench

Post by maintenanceman »

I'm interested but would like to see a mock-up before making a firm commitment...is that possible?

Doc Panther
JV Team

Post by Doc Panther »

If someone would make one I'd buy it....price is no concern.

sprinter14
Varsity

Post by sprinter14 »

I have an idea for the game with replica uniforms first.

I just added a gameroom on my house and I would like to have one of each (Tanks and Spartans)

What if you got area businesses or individuals to "sponsor" a player for the game by BUYING the jersey for that player, then, the sponsor gets the jersey after the game????

I'd be buying one for each team.......and game should be at Tanks Stadium if Spartan is not an option.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Why not make it a Scioto county vs. Lawrence County all star game. Scioto can represent the Spartans and Lawrence can represent the Tanks. Just let all the graduating seniors play in it. I think this would be great for our kids to get a little more exposure, and attention from colleges, and if nothing else give them one last football game.

I would then rotate the site each year between Tank and Spartan. I do like the sponsor idea, and I would think if we were buying that many, and doing it each year we would be able to get a better deal. This will probably never happen, but I think it would be a neat event.

sprinter14
Varsity

Post by sprinter14 »

I like the graduating senior all star game. Make it a December game after playoffs are over?? But that would run into basketball season.

How bout just let the high school teams use the "sponsored" jersey's for a 2 year deal. One at Spartan and one at the Tank. Surely Portsmouth fans would let their kids play one last game at Spartan.

I can wait 2 years on my souvenir jersey's

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

I want to know, I recently was cleaning out my grandfather's home because he passed away and found an OLD OLD OLD scrap book with ACTUAL portsmouth spartan tickets from three games and their "official" programs! I can post pics if you want me too, but I want to know if there is a financaial value to these??? I plan on holding on to them for along time because they were my grandpas...All tickets are in perfect condition and seem very very rare.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I would love to see the old programs, make a copy ill buy one.

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

Does anyone know though how rare vintage tickets and programs are for the portsmouth spartans?? I can't find them anywhere on the web or ebay at that...

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

I will post them for you to see...!!!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Tobias wrote:
therepublican wrote:Does anyone know though how rare vintage tickets and programs are for the portsmouth spartans?? I can't find them anywhere on the web or ebay at that...

IMO, those are priceless...

:mrgreen:

Please post them for us to see...

thx...

i agree

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Tobias wrote:I'm taking preliminary orders for Portsmouth Spartans' Jerseys...

I was told that they are $200 each to make since the wool must be woven to make it authentic with the 1930's style.

Any size and number can be made.

how long would it take to make one

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Tobias wrote:
Mad_Dogg wrote:how long would it take to make one

We never discussed the length of time, but I'm sure that it would take several weeks, if not months, to complete them...

are they for sure gonna be made and if so what company will be makin them

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

How many orders do you have

Return to “Football”