Belpre Eagles Football 10

zerotosixtynforty
JV Team

Re: Belpre Eagles Football 10

Post by zerotosixtynforty »

Bobcat Coach wrote:I would love to hear the definition of a "real football coach".

agreed bobcat coach. . . .should be a real good one. . . .

gpgm6566
Varsity

Post by gpgm6566 »

That's a real good start.

Bobcat Coach
Waterboy

Post by Bobcat Coach »

That is a good start for a strength coach and a one way ticket out of town for the head coach.

tommygnosis
Riding the Bench

Post by tommygnosis »

Will a guy who has made his living selling stuff possibly be able to tell the world at large to go to Hades so he can do what is right for the TEAM, not for individuals who make the most noise?

Not bloody likely. The Belpre schools have sold their souls on hiring a non-teacher, because if he is worth anything as a business person, he won't offend anybody in his role as FB coach.

Is anybody on here stupid enough to believe that a coach from the business world will not play a kid based on the principle that he is not good enough and risk hurting his bottom line in the business world?

Talk about a bunch of Pollyannas.

Two years of disaster and pleasing the "people" and Belpre will be looking for a new coach.

A "real" football coach will tell folks to go to Hades so he can do what is best. Do you all really think that a professional salesman/businessman type will do that?

I predict losses to Miller, Eastern, Southern, Wahama, and South Gallia within the next two years for the Eagles. Those are all teams that Belpre should NEVER lose to , but they will.

The Pee-wee leaguers rule!

Bobcat Coach
Waterboy

Post by Bobcat Coach »

"A "real" football coach will tell folks to go to Hades so he can do what is best. Do you all really think that a professional salesman/businessman type will do that?"

You can't tell people to go to Hades and hope they go. In the interview process you need to explain your coaching philosophy and your game plan on how to turn the program around. If they don't like what your plans are then they have the choice of not hiring you, if you don't like what they are selling then turn down the job.

I have read many good posts on here and agree with some of them. In my opinion off season preperation is a must. Whoever gets the job must have a sound weight lifting program in place. They must find the athletes in the school system and get them interested in the program.

There was one post about the mental part of football. To me this is very crucial to the program. You have to believe that you can win. Positive thinking can go a long way in determining the outcome of the season. many of games are lost at the dinner table when people sit down and complain about what is going on.

I have read about military type discipline and structure. Granted discipline and structure are critical to the program, but not in a military style manner. Command coaching is a thing of the past. Take a look around the college programs that fired some coaches this year, command style coaches. A good coach will know every players personalities and how to motivate that individual in a positive way.

Someone's profession doesn't determine how good a coach is. Some teachers have made good coaches, but a good coach is always a great teacher. Someone will need to sell their ideas to the players and make them believers, once that happens the board and parents will follow.

zerotosixtynforty
JV Team

well said bobcat coach, well said. . .enjoyed ur posts on this matter. . . .look forward to ur next. . ..

bigred31
Riding the Bench

Post by bigred31 »

Whoever the new coach is they will make sure this years football team will not go winless and i know those senior captains wont either

bigred31
Riding the Bench

Post by bigred31 »

Fri 08/27/10 @ Vincent Warren Local Warrren H. S. 7:30PM
Fri 09/03/10 Shenandoah H. S. Ralph Holder Stadium 7:30PM
Fri 09/10/10 Southern High School Ralph Holder Stadium 7:30PM
Fri 09/17/10 @ Wahama High School Wahama High School 7:30PM
Fri 09/24/10 Federal-Hocking High School Ralph Holder Stadium 7:30PM
Fri 10/01/10 Eastern High School - Reedsville Ralph Holder Stadium 7:30PM
Fri 10/08/10 @ South Gallia High School South Gallia H. S. 7:30PM
Fri 10/15/10 @ Trimble Local High School Trimble H. S. 7:30PM
Fri 10/22/10 Miller H. S. Ralph Holder Stadium 7:30PM
Fri 10/29/10 @ Waterford High School Waterford H. S. 7:30PM

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

If the kids hit the weight room and get a good grasp of the new system they can win 4 or 5 games next year. Belpre had a lot of talent last year but they had a lot of bad luck to.

Bobcat Coach
Waterboy

Post by Bobcat Coach »

I believe positive thinking and physical preperation will help secure a .500 season. Throw in the correct system that adapts to who is returning and 7 or 8 wins will be achievable. One must set realistic goals and aim to meet or surpass those goals.

bigred31
Riding the Bench

Post by bigred31 »

I highly doubt belpre will have 7 or 8 wins....lose too many line and main defense players

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

i don't see any reason by looking at that schedule that Belpre can't go 7-3

Bobcat Coach
Waterboy

Post by Bobcat Coach »

I read in an earlier post that the backfield is returning this coming season. I have seen these kids play since they were in youth football and they are good players, however; they can't get the job done by themselves. Some are worried about the line and that is where games are won or lost, in the trenches. With the speed in the backfield, I would run a spread offense and teach the lineman zone blocking. Add to that the wing and spin offense with jets and motion for a lot of misdirection. The defense has a hard time finding the ball.

Defense wins games. Most teams like to play one standard defense all game long. This can make the defense pretty predictable. If someone would run 4 or 5 different defenses the offensive lineman would be confused on blocking assignments the entire game. Play aggresive and force them into making mistakes.

Always keep the other team confused and guessing on what is coming next.

teach123
Freshman Team

Post by teach123 »

Any word on a coach?

zerotosixtynforty
JV Team

Is there any candidates known? short list? favorites? anything? applicants

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

zerotosixtynforty wrote:Is there any candidates known? short list? favorites? anything? applicants

From the rumor mills,Greg Adams has got the job,just hasn't been announced yet.Don't know him or what experiance he has but I think he has coached in the youth leagues along with his brother Jeff.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Eaglepapaw wrote:
zerotosixtynforty wrote:Is there any candidates known? short list? favorites? anything? applicants

From the rumor mills,Greg Adams has got the job,just hasn't been announced yet.Don't know him or what experiance he has but I think he has coached in the youth leagues along with his brother Jeff.

Well I for one sure am glad they hired a youth league coach. I am sure the TVC Hocking will be terrified to face Belpre now. What a move! :roll:

teach123
Freshman Team

Post by teach123 »

Motivator,

Do I sense a bit of sarcasm in your post..hehe!!

What is going on in Belpre, they keep hiring parents, and local youth coaches for their varisty programs? And how has that worked out? lol

zerotosixtynforty
JV Team

I know that if it is Greg Adams, he has been as assistant with more than one previous varsity coach so he has experience at the varsity level, and don't remember him coaching in the youth leagues at least in the past decade or more, and i also believe that all his children r in college and out, , , so hiring parent doesn't hold water on that account. . .

Bobcat Coach
Waterboy

Post by Bobcat Coach »

Do the rules change in football from the youth level to high school? I don't think so. The only difference is the ability to learn and retain what is being taught. Just because someone is a youth coach doesn't mean they can't coach in the high school level. I really don't understand some peoples thinking. In order to be a coach in this thread you can't be a parent, can't have youth football coaching experience, can't be a professional/bussinessman, can't be a local. What is it you are looking for, someone who doesn't know how to work with the kids, someone who doesn't have a job, someone who doesn't understand the history of Belpre football?

Return to “Football”