Belpre Eagles Football 10

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Re: Belpre Eagles Football 10

Post by Howard Cosell »

mister b makes a great point. I am not sure saying that grades are up to the kid is the right phiolosphy for any (bobcat)coach to take in todays educational climate.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

I don't think the coach stays completely out of the grades. Any good coach stays on top of his players and their classroom work. He/she can direct players who are having troubles to tutors that can and will provide help when asked and not a week before the grading period ends.

But I do feel that the ultimate responsibility for staying eligible falls on the shoulders of the player and their parents, not the coach or the school system.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Mister B wrote:I don't think the coach stays completely out of the grades. Any good coach stays on top of his players and their classroom work. He/she can direct players who are having troubles to tutors that can and will provide help when asked and not a week before the grading period ends.

But I do feel that the ultimate responsibility for staying eligible falls on the shoulders of the player and their parents, not the coach or the school system.

boobcat doesnt share our philosophy. too him it is up to the kid.

Bobcat Coach
Waterboy

Post by Bobcat Coach »

Mister B,

Thanks for filling in the blanks for me, I agree. I'm not sure where this thread got off track at, but I hope everyone supports who ever gets the job and I wish the Eagles the best of luck in the future.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Bobcat Coach wrote:Mister B,

Thanks for filling in the blanks for me, I agree. I'm not sure where this thread got off track at, but I hope everyone supports who ever gets the job and I wish the Eagles the best of luck in the future.

Good luck as you coach the Eagles next season. Hopefully I can take a game in so I can see how the former Pee Wee staff does. I have heard some good things about the success they had at the lower level. Lets see what they can do with the move up. If you are correct there really is no difference between the two, excepting a few minor details. Again, good luck next season.

otterslide
JV Team

Post by otterslide »

Greg Adams does NOT coach any PEE WEE football. Simple as that. He DOES have a brother that has been in the Pee Wee program for many many years.
Greg Adams coached 7th and 8th grade football when I played along with Coach Garrett. They worked hand in hand with Coach Ralph Holder. Ralph spent several hours with these coaches in evaluating his up coming players. There was not lack of leadership then. I think with Greg Adams having that lengthy background with Coach Holder will not only help the varsity players but Greg has the knowledge and know how to share that with younger squads in which I truly believe he will better the Belpre program for years to come.
Who is to say Greg Adams is the coach? I believe that is pure rumor at this point. So lets not start throwing spears at a guy that may not even be hired yet. Lets not throw spears at a guy that may be hired and has not had the time to show us what he has planned. Giving a coach 1 or 2 years to make a complete turn around is not fair as well. If we truly have Belpre Pride then we have to back our coach, give him the tools that he needs that we can provide as a parent.
Good Luck Eagles.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

otterslide wrote:Greg Adams does NOT coach any PEE WEE football. Simple as that. He DOES have a brother that has been in the Pee Wee program for many many years.
Greg Adams coached 7th and 8th grade football when I played along with Coach Garrett. They worked hand in hand with Coach Ralph Holder. Ralph spent several hours with these coaches in evaluating his up coming players. There was not lack of leadership then. I think with Greg Adams having that lengthy background with Coach Holder will not only help the varsity players but Greg has the knowledge and know how to share that with younger squads in which I truly believe he will better the Belpre program for years to come.
Who is to say Greg Adams is the coach? I believe that is pure rumor at this point. So lets not start throwing spears at a guy that may not even be hired yet. Lets not throw spears at a guy that may be hired and has not had the time to show us what he has planned. Giving a coach 1 or 2 years to make a complete turn around is not fair as well. If we truly have Belpre Pride then we have to back our coach, give him the tools that he needs that we can provide as a parent.
Good Luck Eagles.

Good post!!!
:122245 :122245 :122245

screamineagle54
Waterboy

Post by screamineagle54 »

Everything on here could be considered a rumor, because no one on here cites where they get there information to show if it is a true fact, but I'm not saying everthing on here is false either. I'm just saying everbody knows who they coach is going to be at Belpre. I do agree with you slide on that a program in high school cannot be turned around in 1 or 2 years. Give Belpre time and it will become a .500 team or better each year.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

OrangeAndBlackAttak wrote:Word is that some other area schools are taking Belpre's approach and perusing the peewee leagues as well as several used car dealerships in search of a new coach. I think this could turn into a trend. Who needs an experienced high school coach/teacher when you can get a used car salesman that can do wonders as a fundraiser? And whats the difference between high school and peewee? None right, so a good peewee coach that has had some conversations with a high school coach can be better than a guy that has coached at the high school level. Right?

I have heard similar things. :roll:

Purple&Yellow Pride
Freshman Team

Post by Purple&Yellow Pride »

Will all this discontent, we cannot wait to play you guys!

Southern goes 2-0 against Ohio division teams in 2010.

Southern 40
Berple 0

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Purple&Yellow Pride wrote:Will all this discontent, we cannot wait to play you guys!

Southern goes 2-0 against Ohio division teams in 2010.

Southern 40
Berple 0

Who else does Southern play from the Ohio division? Meigs and ???

Belpre is in the Hocking starting next year.

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

P&Y Pride obviously isnt much of a sports fan is he?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

^^Haha

ccrunner
Riding the Bench

Post by ccrunner »

March is here and no coach named yet. Any idea of when Belpre fills the vacancy?

Just because Belpre is going to the Hocking doesn't mean a winning record is a given. They may be too late to salvage next season.

bigred31
Riding the Bench

Post by bigred31 »

heard Josh Mick and Damien Chafin coming out this year....any thoughts on them? i know they played in pee wee but havent seen them since

PerfectionInPurple
Riding the Bench

Post by PerfectionInPurple »

Has anyone heard what offensive or defenisive schemes Coach Adams plans to use? Having worked under Coach Holder, i would expect an I formation based offense and a 4-4 defense. Is this accurate?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

baldeagle wrote:P&Y Pride obviously isnt much of a sports fan is he?

guess he was right! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That doesn't happen to much for those racine boys so give him some credit!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bigred31
Riding the Bench

Post by bigred31 »

The senior class returns- Erik waderker, Tyler Watkins, Clay Ullman, Rashawn Miller, Philip Wiggers, Coty Chester, and Jimi Keerps... the new seniors coming out from what i heard are Josh Mick, Damien Chafin, Ethan Lockhart, maybe more?..

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

bigred31 wrote:The senior class returns- Erik waderker, Tyler Watkins, Clay Ullman, Rashawn Miller, Philip Wiggers, Coty Chester, and Jimi Keerps... the new seniors coming out from what i heard are Josh Mick, Damien Chafin, Ethan Lockhart, maybe more?..

As of right now,RaShawn not planning on playing football.Don't know how he will feel in August but right now he says no,concentrating on Basketball.

zerotosixtynforty
JV Team

Post by zerotosixtynforty »

any truth to rumors that former head coach shriver is joining with warren staff? ? ?

Return to “Football”