Riding the Bench

Re: Minford Falcons 2010

Post by minfordmamma »

he's still working out, don't you fear.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Downtown wrote:You should be more afraid of Valley and Burg. They're going to toast Minford.

Seriously, Oak Hill played a remarkable game last year to beat Minford. Nobody from Minford got on here and talked bad about Oak Hill who had a good team last year.

But really, Oak Hill beats Minford once in a decade and all of a sudden you guys are pouring out of the woodwork. LOL.

Downtown
Freshman Team

Post by Downtown »

We do alot of tall "oaks" if you know what I mean lol.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Minford should be a SOLID 8-2 and head back to the playoffs..

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

Incognito wrote:From what I have been told Coach Daniels has made it mandatory that if you are not working or playing baseball, all football players must work out with the track team. Bigger, Stonger, FAAAASSSTEEERRRRR

A high school coach can't make offseason workouts mandatory. If this is the case I'm sure OHSAA, would love to hear about this. :lol:

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

Black@Orange wrote:
Incognito wrote:From what I have been told Coach Daniels has made it mandatory that if you are not working or playing baseball, all football players must work out with the track team. Bigger, Stonger, FAAAASSSTEEERRRRR

A high school coach can't make offseason workouts mandatory. If this is the case I'm sure OHSAA, would love to hear about this. :lol:

Ah, poor choice of a word on my part, but im sure West's weightlifting isnt mandatory but "encouraged". :122245

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

If a coach strongly suggested that it would be in your best interest to run track if you want to get more playing time on the football field and you are not doing anything else what would you do? :122245

minfordmamma
Riding the Bench

Post by minfordmamma »

The Lift-a-Thon is scheduled for May 28. Contact a football player or coach for your tickets, $5.00 for your meal.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

What will be to eat? I'll take a 5.00 ticket for food.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

minfordmamma wrote:The Lift-a-Thon is scheduled for May 28. Contact a football player or coach for your tickets, $5.00 for your meal.

I wondered when this was going to get posted. It was always the last Friday before schools out.
I hope they advertise in the paper and radio to get the crowd out. This is a great fundraiser for the football team to buy the necessary supplies and equipment to stay ahead of the game.
This also is an opportunity for the players to show how hard they have been hitting the weights to the fans and for the fans to see what they have to look forward to in the fall. The food is good and its a great atmosphere to end the school year on.
Shirts are also sold. It's at the football field-house. Lets hope the weather cooperates.

minfordmamma
Riding the Bench

Post by minfordmamma »

May 28 @ 6 p.m.
Hamburger/Hot Dog, Baked Beans, Potato Salad, & Drink.
Tickets $5.00

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Any results from the Lift-A-Thon?

minfordmamma
Riding the Bench

Post by minfordmamma »

piguet benched over 300lbs. he didn't do the dead lift, because he had to leave with the rest of the relay team. by the way they did quallify for state. griffith dead lifted 650lbs. not sure on his bench. not sure on the other totals. maybe someone else can post results.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

When do the summer workout sessions begin? Should be conditioning by now i would think. Saw the Piquet kid the other day he is a beast, kinda out of nowhere. Any way just wanting to get caught up on the boys and see how things are going.

Go BIG RED!!!

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

MuletownManiac wrote:When do the summer workout sessions begin? Should be conditioning by now i would think. Saw the Piquet kid the other day he is a beast, kinda out of nowhere. Any way just wanting to get caught up on the boys and see how things are going.

Go BIG RED!!!

Summer work-outs started 6/1/10 and goes all summer long. Things will change starting in July with 7on 7 and camps.

Faclons Forever
Freshman Team

Post by Faclons Forever »

Who are possible starters on ol/dl? There's some spots to fill for sure, and if Minford can win the trenches, their offense can do some serious damage.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Does anyone know our Scrimmage Schedule?

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

I've heard it will be Portsmouth, and Rock Hill

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

7 on 7 @ Jackson tonight @ 6:00pm.

NY BUCKS
All State