Minford Falcons 2010

28Buck
Freshman Team

Re: Minford Falcons 2010

Post by 28Buck »

Minford I heard looked decent enough. They have only practiced 7 on 7 for I think two days.

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

only 7 days left out of 10. thats why i dont like 7-7. waste days and time with plays both on D and O that likely wont be ran during the season. maybe just a few.

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

eddie wrote:only 7 days left out of 10. thats why i dont like 7-7. waste days and time with plays both on D and O that likely wont be ran during the season. maybe just a few.

Agreed Eddie. Although Minford does run the plays they will in the season, sometimes you will come up against a team that will go 5 wide and sit back there and just wait until someone comes open or just dump it off to RB coming out on flare.

From what I have heard from the camp is that Butcher looks very good at QB especially in the waggle. One surprise I heard is Jr Wr Kyle Snyder made some very nice catches over the middle yesterday and turned a couple into TD's. The defense ran just a basic package and looked good until one team decided to get a little cutesy with their play calling. :roll:

4dfalcons
Freshman Team

Post by 4dfalcons »

Jackson, Minford and Nelsonville York all had some nice looking
athletes. Butcher will be the real deal. All the teams above looked
like they had not had much practice, as could be expected. Huntington Ross (I think) looked like they played their varsity against the other teams JVs. Minford's varsity looks like football players:fast, buff and strong.

Minford looked to me like they ran pass plays I saw in games last year so I'd have to think that the 7 on 7s have some value to them.

4dfalcons
Freshman Team

Post by 4dfalcons »

Other than Butcher and Slone at Fullback (really a beast) I couldn't tell who was who. If Snyder was the wideout mentioned above he looked real quick and he had good hands.

RedStormRising
Riding the Bench

Post by RedStormRising »

4dfalcons wrote: Butcher will be the real deal. All the teams above looked
like they had not had much practice, as could be expected. Huntington Ross (I think) looked like they played their varsity against the other teams JVs. Minford's varsity looks like football players:fast, buff and strong.

Minford will be much improved at qb. Butcher has more speed and will hit the open receiver and not try to throw it 50 yards on every play like was seen last year. I hate to set the bar to high but I think the qb this year will leave many wondering why he wasnt there last year. The big ? will be the o-line. Slone is a beast and so is Piguet but they got to have holes opened up.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Much improved at QB !! Really !! Must have missed a lot of games last year. Coach D. had everyone playing last year where they needed to be.

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

Improvement? No. Different look? Yes. Oesch and Butcher are different QB's, Daniels will use Butcher as effectively as he used Oesch. The line seems to be always the question but we have one of the best O-Line coaches around. I have no doubts McRoberts will have an effective line come August. You have to remember we are a Wing-T team. We do not need 6'3 250 lb lineman who bench 400 lbs to run our offense.

RedStormRising
Riding the Bench

Post by RedStormRising »

28Buck wrote:Improvement? No. Different look? Yes. Oesch and Butcher are different QB's, Daniels will use Butcher as effectively as he used Oesch. The line seems to be always the question but we have one of the best O-Line coaches around. I have no doubts McRoberts will have an effective line come August. You have to remember we are a Wing-T team. We do not need 6'3 250 lb lineman who bench 400 lbs to run our offense.

Good point on the o-line. i just think back to last year and how they pushed around just about every team. That is the benefit of the wing t so size may not be such a big deal.

I dont want to argue the qb position. i just would rather have a qb that throws shorter passes and is accurate instead of one who wants to throw bombs and is not accurate and throws as many ints and tds. Butchers speed will make a difference to. you're right. different styles. the one big benefit of oesch was his experience at qb. looking forward to an exciting season for sure.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

hard to believe minford will be better at the qb position. Oesch completely took over the burg game last yr, that game was not even close if Oesch had not taken over that game.

RogueWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by RogueWarrior »

fbnut wrote:hard to believe minford will be better at the qb position. Oesch completely took over the burg game last yr, that game was not even close if Oesch had not taken over that game.

Seriously?? I guess there wasnt an interception that setup a score or field goals kicked or other TD scored. Oh and defense played. It takes 11 players on each side of the ball, yes indeed. Without the other 10 contributing the game wouldnt have been close. He had a good game but so did many others. Yes indeed.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

ThurstonHowellIII wrote:
fbnut wrote:hard to believe minford will be better at the qb position. Oesch completely took over the burg game last yr, that game was not even close if Oesch had not taken over that game.

Seriously?? I guess there wasnt an interception that setup a score or field goals kicked or other TD scored. Oh and defense played. It takes 11 players on each side of the ball, yes indeed. Without the other 10 contributing the game wouldnt have been close. He had a good game but so did many others. Yes indeed.

He completely took that game over, he was by far the best player on the feild that night. Most of what he did on offense was all him on his own, dropping back and scrambling for what ever he could get. Do you feel minford would have won that game if he had not played?

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

WOW.the line didnt block..he did it on his own..cmon from the stands u could see the d-ends run up field giving up the lane to run...it was a team effort... thanks to the ARROGANT burg fan that told one of MINFORDS coaches before the game that MINFORD would not get pass the 50yd line on O..and that WB would put up 50 and the jv would be in the whole second half...thanks MAY......MINFORD believes that they are no I in TEAM....

4dfalcons
Freshman Team

Post by 4dfalcons »

Butcher is a different QB. Oesch was very good and held the position for 3 years that the Falcons made the playoffs and won one title. Minford has a lot of speed at all skill positions and will be faster at some of the line positions. I'd expect the team to be different. Better? Time will tell.

MinFalcon
Waterboy

Post by MinFalcon »

I think we should be fine at the skilled positions. The concern is going to be with both lines and what they will be able to do. Got some great kids coming though. Should be set in Minford for some time now.

4dfalcons
Freshman Team

Post by 4dfalcons »

When and where is the next 7 0n 7?

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Meet the Teams, & Media day Aug. 7th.
I think there is a 7 on 7 July 15th @ Jackson.

4dfalcons
Freshman Team

Post by 4dfalcons »

I heard that the Falcons were at a passing camp in Jackson last night. How did they look?

pappy
Freshman Team

Post by pappy »

does it really matter

4dfalcons
Freshman Team

Post by 4dfalcons »

Yes. You can put in your pass o and d. you get a good look at how speed, quickness, and athletic ability matches up with skill players.

Return to “Football”