Can Ron Hinton turn around the Chillicothe Cavaliers?

bvmv4life
All Conference

Can Ron Hinton turn around the Chillicothe Cavaliers?

Post by bvmv4life »

Reports have it Ron Hinton will accept the coaching job at Chillicothe. What impact will he have?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Can Ron Hinton turn around the Chillicothe Cavaliers?

Post by smurray »

Will he have the FULL SUPPORT to change things? Chillicothe City Schools is not Amanda.

open_post
Freshman Team

Post by open_post »

Is this confirmed or a rumor?

RioProf
Riding the Bench

Post by RioProf »

The impact will be he will win the SEOAL on a consistent basis. I know his brother that just went to ND from Cincinnati and both are extremely great coaches.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Great hire for CHS.

Chillicothe is a much different environment from Amanda. The first challenge for coach Hinton will be to change the attitude of the community and the kids. He had un-ending community support at AC and will need to work the community to create the same atmosphere at CHS.

It might take a few years to do so, but Coach Hinton will be a winner at Chilli.

gilchs
Waterboy

Post by gilchs »

Great Coach. Chillicothe would have done better under Bart. His style of football fits the young men at Chillicothe. Ron has nonthing to lose and can walk away at anytime. Bart's youth is on his side. Chillicothe will not turn around next year. They need a quaterback and a line. Best they can hope for is "transfers". Good Luck Ron!!!! You will need it.

ccfan
Waterboy

Post by ccfan »

Hintons an excellent speaker/manager/motivator. He'll do as well or better than any. If his hearts still in it as apposed to biding his time til retiring from it all, Chillicothe will be better for it... you can count on it.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

RioProf wrote:The impact will be he will win the SEOAL on a consistent basis. I know his brother that just went to ND from Cincinnati and both are extremely great coaches.

this has nothing to do with ron hinton and chillicothe but.... i didnt think kelly took hinton with him. when and where did you hear this... not doubting you but just saying i hadnt heard.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

thanks john

datchillicav
JV Team

Post by datchillicav »

Will his offense fit in Chillicothe? How long will it take to implement? Those questions need answered as well as what the situation will be as far as bringing in a new staff or keeping some of the old staff around.

IMO, Bart "fit" a little better because of his style and his age but you can't argue with a man with TWO STATE TITLES. This is prolly the biggest hire Chillicothe has ever made as far as a coach of any sport. The only thing I hope is that he doesn't retire soon. We need him to instill a culture of winning before he leaves so that the nexxt guy in line can keep it going and build a program that will compete for years to come. GREAT HIRE. GOOD LUCK. GO CAVS.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

If Chillicothes students and parents buy into Coach Hintons philosophy whole heartedly, they will win and win soon. Coach Hinton understands this and knows how to apply it. That IMO is what can make or break a coach. Most coaches arent that different in X's and O's, its relating and understanding your Jimmy and Joe's and their families that helps in high school sports.

Best of luck Coach Hinton. I can still remember sitting in my families garage as they Coach Hinton and my dad watched old 70's reel to reel football game films. I was fascinated how they would rewind and the players would all run backwards, that hilarious stuff to an 8 year old! lol

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

I don't see Ron walking away soon he has grandkids in the Chilli system and don't see him turning his back on them unless he leaves the program in very able hands.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Who is taking over at Amanda?

RioProf
Riding the Bench

Post by RioProf »

theassassin wrote:
RioProf wrote:The impact will be he will win the SEOAL on a consistent basis. I know his brother that just went to ND from Cincinnati and both are extremely great coaches.

this has nothing to do with ron hinton and chillicothe but.... i didnt think kelly took hinton with him. when and where did you hear this... not doubting you but just saying i hadnt heard.

I saw it on FootballScoop

miggyt
Freshman Team

Post by miggyt »

ccfan
Waterboy

Post by ccfan »

Did not realize Arndt was headed to chilli with Hinton. You'd be hard pressed to find a better pair of coaches out there. 60+ years of experience.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

do they have a blue tobogon waiting on Coach Hinton?

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

^^^^^They better put that little fuzzy ball on top of it as well!~ lol

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

It may take him several years to get Chilli to where they can win a title,if then. People tend to over rate Chilli talent ,when, in fact, they have a player or two thats good. Its not going to happen right away and the first 5 years overall will show if he makes a difference or not.

You may be surprised & disappointed.

Return to “Football”