Wheelersburg Pirates 2010 season

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Wheelersburg Pirates 2010 season

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Thoughts?

here is what i have been hearin from several people within the school about the schedule.

week 1 - ironton (home)
week 2 - oak hill (away)
week 3 - portsmouth (home)
week 4 - fairland (away)
week 5 - rock hill (home)

conference games i'm unsure of what order. this was the order last yr

week 6 - minford (home)
week 7 - northwest (home)
week 8 - waverly (away)
week 9 - valley (away)
week 10 - west (away)

fbnut
SEOP

Re: Wheelersburg Pirates 2010 season

Post by fbnut »

Kind of wondering which direction this program is headed in when you can't win the soc with the talent they had last yr.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

fbnut wrote:Kind of wondering which direction this program is headed in when you can't win the soc with the talent they had last yr.

they haven't won it since 2007 and it was won outright.

buckwheat
Riding the Bench

Post by buckwheat »

fbnut wrote:Kind of wondering which direction this program is headed in when you can't win the soc with the talent they had last yr.
I still think they had the most talent in the SOC last year, they just got out coached in the Minford game.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

i look for the burg to possibly go 8-2

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Any word on how the money raising progres is goin with the burg turf fund

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

I think burg will be fine next year, they were the most talented team in Soc last year imo...it was the just a mixture of things why they didn't win the Soc and the region...the coaches could of done a better job in all of those losses...espicially the last two...I personally though they were gonna be regional champions, and believe they could have been...but you can't dwell on the past...I think they will lose 2 of the first 3, now as to which one they win, that will be a toss up...and I think they will lose to West or Valley possibly both (not so sure about Valley, and West will be a good game) in conference...so I would say about 7-3 next year...they have an old offensive line, and that scares me

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

sider,
How old are they, 23 :?: :lol:

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:sider,

Would that be burgs o-line or west's average team age? :lol:

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Yeah, they must of all got that Wheelersburg redshirt :122249

IRONFALCON wrote:

IRONFALCON wrote:

I know you all are still mad about getting beat by the West team with 15 seniors (only three were held back)...but Ill leave that subject to rest, because it is like opening pandora's box :122245

jacksonoaks
Freshman Team

Post by jacksonoaks »

Wow they could and might start the season off 0-3

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

jacksonoaks wrote:Wow they could and might start the season off 0-3

i don't see the burg startin out 0-3. maybe 1-2 but i doubt that

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I'd say 0-3 is a real possibility. All 3 of those teams return alot from very good teams last year.

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

sider wrote:

Yeah, they must of all got that Wheelersburg redshirt :122249

IRONFALCON wrote:

IRONFALCON wrote:

I know you all are still mad about getting beat by the West team with 15 seniors (only three were held back)...but Ill leave that subject to rest, because it is like opening pandora's box :122245

I think minford is ok with beating west 2 out of the past 3 years. Thats ok though you can be proud of beating the least talented minford team of the past 3 years with a team that had a bunch of kids from the 08....i mean 09 graduating class :roll:

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

Playing Ironton at home will be a big advantage. That game can go either way.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

mikenmike wrote:[quote="sider]
I think minford is ok with beating west 2 out of the past 3 years. Thats ok though you can be proud of beating the least talented minford team of the past 3 years with a team that had a bunch of kids from the 08....i mean 09 graduating class :roll:[/quote]

Here we go, I wish people would let this go, they had 3 players that were supposed to graduate in 08, three...you show me team that has three players that were held back, and Ill show you every school in this county...as long as they born before August 1st why does it matter? And yes, West has lost to Minford twice out of the past three years, so if you guys have been so dominant over us in recent memory then why does it matter if one year there were some players that their families decide to hold back, its their right as a parent to judge whether or not a kid is ready to advance. Not to start an agrument, especially about something that doesn't matter now, and if you want to get technical about last year West had the youngest starters in the Soc last year.

With that being said, I could see Burg going 0-3 in the first three games, because it seems like there might be a change in the atmosphere there...but I do not think they will

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

sider wrote:
mikenmike wrote:[quote="sider]
I think minford is ok with beating west 2 out of the past 3 years. Thats ok though you can be proud of beating the least talented minford team of the past 3 years with a team that had a bunch of kids from the 08....i mean 09 graduating class :roll:[/quote][/quote]

Here we go, I wish people would let this go, they had 3 players that were supposed to graduate in 08, three...you show me team that has three players that were held back, and Ill show you every school in this county...as long as they born before August 1st why does it matter? And yes, West has lost to Minford twice out of the past three years, so if you guys have been so dominant over us in recent memory then why does it matter if one year there were some players that their families decide to hold back, its their right as a parent to judge whether or not a kid is ready to advance. Not to start an agrument, especially about something that doesn't matter now, and if you want to get technical about last year West had the youngest starters in the Soc last year.

With that being said, I could see Burg going 0-3 in the first three games, because it seems like there might be a change in the atmosphere there...but I do not think they will[/quote]

i agree 100%. you can't tell me that in some point in time every school has had players held back

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

With basketball season officially over it's not time to talk football

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

tough start , first 3 games, don't know much about oak hill. but ironton , and portsmouth will be loaded. just don't know what oak hill, had madd dogg.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

man not alot of talk so far

Return to “Football”