Wheelersburg Pirates 2010 season

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Wheelersburg Pirates 2010 season

Post by Bleeding Red »

BigCarlito72 wrote:Bleeding Red Post subject: Re: IRONTON FIGHTING TIGER FOOTBALLPosted: August 17th, 2010, 7:19 pm

SEO

Location: Minford......Home of the 2009 SOC II CHAMPIONS......THE "MIGHTY" MINFORD FALCONS!!!! I think Ironton can make a serious run this year. I see them possibly making it to the semi's.

I see them going 9-1 this year, possibly running the table. I think Portsmouth will play them close, I think they may get upset along the way for their one loss if they are not cautious.

I do however seeing them beating Burg by multiple scores and roughing Burg up a little bit and causing Burg to be beaten by Oak Hill week 2.

But I will stand my ground that I-town is back and there will be alot to talk about in downtown Lawerence County this football season.

BACK....darn WHEN DID WE LEAVE! DA BURG BOUT TO BE VIOLATED!!!!! And on your own grounds boys....AWWWWWW!!!! :lol:
There are alot of great people in Ironton, then they have you..............

I like your enthusiasm, but your arrogance stinks all the way here in Minford.

Faclons Forever
Freshman Team

Post by Faclons Forever »

Ok I keep looking at this and all I see is this Ironton schmuck trying to hate on Wheelersburg, then justifying it by saying "don't hate!" Seriously? :roll: I don't know much about Ironton, and I am by no means a Burg fan, but I respect every team be it anyone from St. X to Manchester. Face it bud, nobody wants to get on here and read this crap. I hope for a good game between these two teams, and great seasons, except when Burg plays us.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

BigCarlito72 wrote:YES NUETRON BOY.....Thank you.....Finally a realist! Wheelersburg has been dominated by Ironton through the years! Nuff said!!!
with the total domination you would think your AD would be looking to add a little stiffer competition. Don't kid yourself if your AD could have put together a 10 game schedule without Desales or if your league did not dictate you play Logan they never would have been on your schedule. Just keep telling yourself that the only reason you no longer play loagan is for financial reasons and not because of 53-14, 35-10, 21-7.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

BigCarlito72 wrote:Nobody ran from Logan, it was strictly a financial/business decision from what I understand. Wheelersburg is a good program but yall get ahead of yourselves when you start comparing yourself to Ironton. Just once I would like to see people on here STOP Hating and respect the facts. This should be your slogan Pirate fans..." Ironton is just BETTER!!!" HAHAHAHA.....On the 27th....Watcha Cover!

Find me one WHEELERSBURG poster that has stated we are equal or better than Ironton. Anyone with half a brain, which obviously excludes you, knows that Ironton has owned the Burg over the years, but at least we have the balls to play you and have won a few games over the year, some by blowout scores, and we don't tuck our tails and run when we can't beat a team. You can say whatever you want about dropping Logan, but you guys couldn't beat them and you ran away.

Why don't you stop the hating on the Pirates? If you were even slightly intelligent you would know that Wheelersburg has been one of the most successful teams in Scioto county in the past 40 years and are right behind Ironton as being the most successful in southeastern Ohio. Intelligent people give the Pirates the respect they are due, just like they do the Tigers.

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

First of all let us talk about this notion that Ironton "runs" from stiffer comp. Ya know for years I recall Ironton being stuck scheduling bigger schools because local schools simply would NOT play us! Matter of factly we still do ya know. Hey Burg fans is there a reason why you guys never play Ashland? While I am @ it last I checked that was bigger comp from a bigger school year in and year out. So on and so forth with Desales, Olentangy...remember our GREAT series with CAPE, Chillicothe, Logan, Dayton....etc etc and the list goes on and on, when did we run? Most Tiger fans want and anticipate a series with Logan in the future so do not think Ironton runs from anyone my friends, because as the old expression goes, "it just ain't so!" Now if Wheelersburg fans want to pick @ enrollment numbers and make it look as if playing Minford or Fairland or Rock Hill or Oak Hill is "PLAYING UP" then I guess we could do the same but see when you are a Tiger fan you actually know and understand what a powerhouse school is and what playing UP is all about! All those trips north does that to ya boys. Thing that amuses me is wheelersburg fans want to reach for anything they can so ya go get Logan...lol...like a lil punk kid who runs his mouth gets his ass beat and threatens to go get more people! LOL See I give Wheelersburg credit for having the heart to play us every year it has turned into a great rivalry that deserves to be moved later into the schedule BUT just because ya play us and won a few does not give you the status you so desperately want, you all know as well as I that Ironton is still the BIG DOG in southern ohio, and from what I have seen in the past there is an exorbent amount of HATE directed towards us! It is ok, as a Tiger you know the bullseye is on your back but from now on do not expect to make any old sideways comment and not get one in the mouth! If the bravado rubs ya the wrong way, chalk it up to the game...it is a new day and when I opened up I said THE SWAGGER HAS RETURNED! What I am saying is RECOGNIZE!!!! :lol: Stop belly aching and crying and saying Logan or this or that... :lol: because I never seen Wheelersburg in the SEOAL or OKAC and ya know ya would not want it either. Stick with playing those OVC teams and feeling good about it and your BIG BROS over here will handle all the heavy lifting for ya. At any rate, cannot wait to make the trip to The Burg and watch DEM TIGERS handle business! WHO DEY boys!!! 8)

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

The only reason people hate on Ironton is because of jacka-ss blowhards like you who like to run down every other program in southern Ohio. Ironton is not the be all-end all of football teams. I recall them just going 3-7 a few years back and I have lived in Wheelersburg for close to 40 years and the worst them have ever went was 5-5 and that's since 1965.

Also you need to make up your mind. You make one post saying the swagger is back, but yet on another one where someone else basically said the same thing you asked when did they lose it. I hope the Tigers have a great season just like I do every year because it looks good on our area. But guys like you are why they are so hated amongst the locals, not their success. People respect their success and always have, but you give them a black eye with your arrogance.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Carl and 2old is the same person!

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Blow him off and move on! I'm hearing from other Ironton posters that they are not touching this thread and that Carl is a disgrace to Ironton.

So if they can ignore him so can I!

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

9 Days!
8) 8) 8)

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

BigCarlito72 wrote: it last I checked that was bigger comp from a bigger school year in and year out. So on and so forth with Desales, Olentangy...remember our GREAT series with CAPE, Chillicothe, Logan, Dayton....etc etc and the list goes on and on, when did we run?
:lol: :lol: :lol: when did you run ??? :lol:
last i checked, how many of those schools are you playing THIS YEAR ?? you apparently ran from them at some time or another.

:aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Week 9 Fairbanks (Millford Center)
At Ironton's Tank Memorial Stadium
Division 5 - 132 Boys - Colors: red and blue

Head Coach - Morgan Cotter

Last years record 7 - 3 - Playoffs - Did Not Make Playoffs

Fairbanks has 5 playoff appearances

This is The First Meeting Between Ironton & Millford Center

So this the team that they replaced Logan with on the schedule??? Yeah, now that's "playing up". :mrgreen:

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

Post by TigersGameDayFan »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
Week 9 Fairbanks (Millford Center)
At Ironton's Tank Memorial Stadium
Division 5 - 132 Boys - Colors: red and blue

Head Coach - Morgan Cotter

Last years record 7 - 3 - Playoffs - Did Not Make Playoffs

Fairbanks has 5 playoff appearances

This is The First Meeting Between Ironton & Millford Center

So this the team that they replaced Logan with on the schedule??? Yeah, now that's "playing up". :mrgreen:

Since we replaced Logan with them right? WRONG....We actually had Columbus Bishop Ready (who is in our division i believe) in that spot on the schedule, until they dropped us. So no we did not replace Logan with them...: )

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

KVDW wrote:
BigCarlito72 wrote: it last I checked that was bigger comp from a bigger school year in and year out. So on and so forth with Desales, Olentangy...remember our GREAT series with CAPE, Chillicothe, Logan, Dayton....etc etc and the list goes on and on, when did we run?
:lol: :lol: :lol: when did you run ??? :lol:
last i checked, how many of those schools are you playing THIS YEAR ?? you apparently ran from them at some time or another.

:aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8

Or How about when CAPE is no longer a school, a Logan deal is in the making, Dayton Dumbar refused to travel here anymore...

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

I'm not trying to start things on this thread like an arguement bc i respect both teams. I expect a battle like always. This game is never a let down..I feel It should be close and Ironton will wear them down in the 2nd half. Good Luck to Both teams from my new home in North Carolina...wish i could be present for this one but it's just not possible.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Whether you replaced Logan with them or not, a team with only 132 boys is way beneath the mighty Tigers according to BigCarlito who says you guys are "playing up" now.

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

and Would you rather have a bye week in week 9 or play a game? Bc they was the only team available in the state i believe, and that is bc someone dropped them...It was not our choice to pick them to play. We just want to be on the field that week. instead of sitting at home..SOOOOO with all that said. ATLEAST WE HAVE A GAME WEEK 9.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I have no problem with you guys playing a team like that. I was just pointing out that BigCarlito was giving the Burg Hell about their so called weak schedule and yet you guys have this team on yours.

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

And even with that last option game that absolutely does suck, wheelersburgs schedule is still WEAK!

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:I have no problem with you guys playing a team like that. I was just pointing out that BigCarlito was giving the Burg Hell about their so called weak schedule and yet you guys have this team on yours.

Ok well His point is, is that you have a very good football team and your playing Rock Hill and Fairland? not sure if that is right but im thinking that is who it is....Burg is a great team and should atleast play a little bit better of a team than 1-9 Rock Hill...Imagine if we played Rock Hill how much crap you all would give us. Or if we scheduled Fairland. We would get crap. We can't do anything without someone trying to put us down.

Prediction: Burg goes 7-3 (I can see them losing to Ironton, Oak Hill, Portsmouth, or West) Which they have the ability to snag any of those games..

Prediction: Ironton 24 @ Burg 13

I'm done with this conversation... This is a Wheelersburg thread not a " Talk trash about schedules thread"

Good Luck to the Burg this season..I always expect for you to win ball games...except week one...

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

TigersGameDayFan wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:I have no problem with you guys playing a team like that. I was just pointing out that BigCarlito was giving the Burg Hell about their so called weak schedule and yet you guys have this team on yours.

Ok well His point is, is that you have a very good football team and your playing Rock Hill and Fairland? not sure if that is right but im thinking that is who it is....Burg is a great team and should atleast play a little bit better of a team than 1-9 Rock Hill...Imagine if we played Rock Hill how much crap you all would give us. Or if we scheduled Fairland. We would get crap. We can't do anything without someone trying to put us down.

Prediction: Burg goes 7-3 (I can see them losing to Ironton, Oak Hill, Portsmouth, or West) Which they have the ability to snag any of those games..

Prediction: Ironton 24 @ Burg 13 Absolutely, if the Burg was as good as they say they are with all the woofing and consistently comparing yourselves to us then PLAY somebody besides us and Portsmouth cause right now ya look like a glorified OVC team and do not getcha feelings hurt when ya get treated like on now or on game night!!! :122245

I'm done with this conversation... This is a Wheelersburg thread not a " Talk trash about schedules thread"

Good Luck to the Burg this season..I always expect for you to win ball games...except week one...

Return to “Football”