Vinton County Football Coach

91blue14
SE

Re: Vinton County Football Coach

Post by 91blue14 »

M0TIVAT0R wrote:I thought they offered the job to the guy from South Gallia?

thats what i heard :mrgreen:

Bringdanoise
Riding the Bench

Post by Bringdanoise »

Let us all be honest here. It really does not matter who the coach is. The program has a long way to go and it all starts at the top. They are going to bring in "the new guy", he will have 2-3 losing seasons and then they will start looking for the next "new guy". It is a joke of a system and they are always putting coaches in bad situations. Just a cycle that wont end until the administration wakes up.

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

I doubt if Vinton County football will stay down in some kind of never ending cycle. What exactly is the administration doing to torpedo the football program? Most administrators I have ever been around are either very supportive or indifferent to what goes on with football programs. When you think about the financial aspect, the revenue from football goes a long way in supporting the other athletics in the school system, and it is usually in the administrations interest to get things going in a successful way. As long as the new coach impliments a program , one that builds the strength of the players so they can be competitive, makes sure that he has assistants around him that are supportive of him and are knowledgeable in the techniques the kids need to compete, has a good junior high program with knowledgeable people coaching there I would say its up to the rest of the community after that. I mean the coach can organize support groups to give the kids the extras that allow them to have pride in the team, but really after that everybody else needs to be supportive or leave him alone. Sometimes it takes 3 maybe even 5 years to get things turned around but it happens, any negative stuff from people outside the team really is a hindrance.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Charles Farquar-it always enjoyable to read your post!

forthekids
Waterboy

Post by forthekids »

The administration is the problem. Has been for as long as the Wood man has been there.

Ironmanfan01
Waterboy

Post by Ironmanfan01 »

forthekids wrote:The administration is the problem. Has been for as long as the Wood man has been there.

The administration hasn't seemed to have had a negative impact on the basketball program. What's the difference?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Whos Randy Beckman?

IMO...The administration is not the problem. Like the post above...The basketball team is doing great and has been for years. I think the fact is, most students just have little interest in football. Some kids arent playing that should be (players fault)...some kids are in the wrong positions on the field (coaches fault)..the main reason i think VC has been down in recent years is one many people dont want to hear...VC just doesnt have the talent on the field. Period. Do I think with a better coach couldve won a few more games? Absolutly. But not more than 2 or 3 over the last couple seasons. VC WILL be back..they WILL get better and they WILL win games...And It all starts this year.

Bringdanoise
Riding the Bench

Post by Bringdanoise »

I thing you have said is true; VC does not have the talent. And as it was said it does take 3-5 years and sometimes more to build a program. Like I said the admin is the problem because 1- they do think that the team should win every year (seriously look at the schedule). 2- They won't give a guy the chance to build a program. I feel sorry for the next coach because he will be run out before he even knew he had the job if this pattern does not stop.

Schedule some weaker opponents. Give the guy the time even if they do lose 8-10 games a year for a couple of years. The kids deserve better than this and this time I will say it is not coaches fault. Since Queen left no coach has really been given the time needed to build a team nor the athletes to compete (minus the first 2 season DOwns was the coach, loads of talent).
Just my opinion

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

They need to get them a screamer in as coach down there. Not enough schools see the quality of a good sceamer, especially in football. Hey it works in basketball, and Jr Hi football to. If it works there why cant it work in football. No ref can withstand a point blank high decible scream directly into the ear drum without giving a few calls that way.

PIGSKIN JUNKIE
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN JUNKIE »

baldeagle wrote:Is it true that the Vikings will be running the rocket sweep next year? This would be a great choice as there arent any defensive ends in the Ohio division that can run this play down while anchoring C gap at the same time....

Your sarcasm is noted. You know as well as I do that the rocket is not coming to Vinton County

PIGSKIN JUNKIE
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN JUNKIE »

boogerred wrote:I have heard that a good defensive end can stop that play cold.

Whoever told you that is right.

Tall One
Freshman Team

Post by Tall One »

Oh Boy, Logan sure got a good coach when they went scavaging in Trimble.

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

I do not know who will be the next football coach in McArthur, but he will be backed by the administration.
I do not know why people are bad-mouthing this administration. Maybe because thier jealous, or just like repeating gossip.
I think the world of the people running Vinton County Schools.
I know that they use a team of administrators to hire varsity coaches, Mr Waddell does not say who will coach, and that's final.
What would be wrong if he did, by-the-way he is the principal. Mr. Arthur is as dedicated an AD that I know. He learned from the best; right Steve.
Good luck to the Vikings new football coach whom ever it may be.

GO VIKES

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

It was in the Gallipolis paper,Said he step down from the SG job to take the VC JOB.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Will everything be clear after Monday night?

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Post by Da Bears »

Guess we will know after tomorrow night. I don't understand what the problem is . . . they hired a coach. Wait, they changed their minds! No coach named, now they will name one. What's going on in Vinton County? I would think it could be a pretty good job. Gonna take some serious work to change attitudes and rebuild. 0-10 last year and 1-9 the year before . . . 3-4 years at least to get it going unless there is some serious talent walking the halls. Good luck to the Vikings and their new coach!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

VC has never gone 0-10...they were 1-9 the last two seasons.

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Post by Da Bears »

Please correct me Dundas . . . who did Vinton County beat last year. They lost to Unioto right or wrong? Who did they beat? If they did win one, I stand corrected and apologize to the Vinton fans!!

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

The Vikings beat Belpre 24-13 in week eight for their only win last season.

Both teams were 0-7 at the time.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Apology accepted.

Return to “Football”