Wellston Job

JohnKnight
Varsity

Re: Wellston Job

Post by JohnKnight »

You really should have left Phillips and Queen's names out of the article.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Good luck to Coach Hutchinson! I agree with JohnKnight!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

It took a while but Wellston IMO got this right. Hutch as I said earlier will be an outstanding football coach. Looks like he has also put together a great staff. Yes they are young but that could be a good thing. Hutch if your reading this good luck and dont worry about all the negativity on here. Most of these people have no clue. Just get to work on doing what you need to do for Wellston football. Wellston has some very talented players. They just need to work hard and get a mindset that theyre going to play hard and hit hard. Records will take care of themselves. I have been impressed with coach Hutchinson ever since I met him. Good Luck Hutch!!!!!!

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

I was telling my buddies down at the gun club that Wellston would find a way to flub up the chance to get Phillips. Now they get a guy with no experience instead of a proven winner. Oh well, good luck with that.

Bringdanoise
Riding the Bench

Post by Bringdanoise »

The article said that Travis Bethel is going to be coaching??? I find it hard to believe he would leave a college coaching job to help out Wellston high school?

Any facts to back up that statement?

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

I would say Nelsonville can go ahead and permanantly attach the Ohio division trophy to their trophy case now.

bobcatfan4728
Freshman Team

Post by bobcatfan4728 »

eagle25 wrote:I was telling my buddies down at the gun club that Wellston would find a way to flub up the chance to get Phillips. Now they get a guy with no experience instead of a proven winner. Oh well, good luck with that.

What is phillips overall head coaching record? You say he is a proven winner where did he win at? I was under the impression he was just an asst coach and jv or junior high coach before he got the oak hill job. can someone post his head coaching wins and when where they was at.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

bobcatfan4728 wrote:
eagle25 wrote:I was telling my buddies down at the gun club that Wellston would find a way to flub up the chance to get Phillips. Now they get a guy with no experience instead of a proven winner. Oh well, good luck with that.

What is phillips overall head coaching record? You say he is a proven winner where did he win at? I was under the impression he was just an asst coach and jv or junior high coach before he got the oak hill job. can someone post his head coaching wins and when where they was at.

I think he went 12-1 last year. Proves he can win to me. :mrgreen:

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Who cares about Phillips ,he turned down the job . Hutch is the coach and he will do fine.
The list of asst coaches will grow there will be more named later . The ones the paper announce are locked in except Lance Phillips ,he hasnt commited fully yet. Some may surprise people if they accept.

Heavy D I would think Athens and even Alexander (the way Arno has that team playing ) will have something to say about the TVC Ohio.Dont ever count Wellston out either the Rockets will get back on top!

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Bringdanoise....I don't appreciate your implying I was lying. Your question about Travis Bethel is a direct quote from Coach Hutchinson. I asked him about his coaching staff and Travis was one of the names he gave me. So there's your "facts to back up that statement."

JohnKnight.....Another chapter I see in our history, none of which is what I deem good. Instead of telling me how to perform my job, you should simply worry about doing yours correctly. You know what I mean. Why you even posted on this topic when it doesn't pertain to your Tigers....unless it's because it's me, of which you seem to follow me around on here from time to time. Kinda like stalking in a way.

Anyway, I wish the best of luck to Coach Hutch and now is the time for the community of Wellston to support him and the program and give him his chance.

boilermaker.....Nice talking to you at the meeting last night. Talk with you soon I'm sure.

BytheNumbers
Waterboy

Post by BytheNumbers »

Boilermaker. . . Wellston had a run of talent in the early 2000's and won 2 conference titles. Since then, they have not had that type of talent (at least not in years that I have seen games) and they have not won anymore titles. I'm not saying that they will never win another title, but I don't see it in the next couple of years. A lot of people thought this past senior class was going to win a lot of games, but it didn't work out that way. Surprises happen, though, and that's why they play the games. I do agree with you that Athens and Alexander will have something to say about the conference title next year. I think Heavy D must have missed the late season game when Nelsonville was surprised by Alexander!

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

I see nothing wrong with the reporter saying who had turned down the job and who had applied. It would seem to me that these are facts and part of public record.
Coach Hutch is a big boy. He can handle the facts of his hiring.

bigmama42
Riding the Bench

Post by bigmama42 »

sounds to me like a few sore losers, like home town boy phillips turning down the dream job.ha ha .then coach queen saying se ya ,you guys sound to me like no body wanted the job but had to pick.[ at least your third choice].dont tell us boiler this was actually who you predicted and wanted all a long.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

bigmamma, I predicted Phillips and he pulled a Brett Farve ....Im in ...no Im out ....Im in....no Im well you get the picture. I was never sold on Phillips . I dont even know Queen ,I do know he did a nice job for the Viking back in the 90's.
I didnt think they would give Hutch a shot ,but glad they did. Ive known him since he played for the Rockets in the 90's. I have also been on the same coaching staffs with him the last few years.(Although I am not a coach ,just a volunteer statistician)So you are right I didnt predict Hutch to get the job, but I think he doesnt hold that against me because I will be helping him this year.
I dont know why bigmamma you insist on comming after me on here ,but I like it . You must just have a thing for me ,too bad for you though Im happily married for 26 years.LOL

P.S. Look back on page three of this thread I did talk about our current Coach.

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

Mr Boggs, you flatter yourself. I was just stating an opinion. I played for Coach Blackstone and he is a friend of mine still. I do my job just fine, seems that didn't impress the folks at Wellston, I applied for the job and didn't even get an interview. Guess my 25 years of experience means very little.
Last edited by JohnKnight on Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rocket50
Freshman Team

Post by Rocket50 »

I'm glad they hired Hutch, he has been around the program a while all of the players no him and respect him! I think just because he hasn't had any experience is stupid for people to say, all coachs have to start somewhere and also its looks good with some of the coaches on this staff already Travis Bethel and maybe Lance Phillips to great players when they played!

Bringdanoise
Riding the Bench

Post by Bringdanoise »

haha

Bringdanoise
Riding the Bench

Post by Bringdanoise »

I never said you were lying. I had spoke with Travis in person and he had told me he was not going to coach at Wellston. I am not saying that he has not changed his mind but I just want to see more facts on the matter. A simple "because I said so" is not good enough for me. Sorry I hurt your feelings, thought we were all big boys and girls on here.

Rocket50: I am not saying that anyone is a bad coach or can't be a good coach, but from what I have seen with coaching, just because you were a good player that does not always equal a good coach. Being able to play it and being able to teach it are two totally different things. Again, not saying anyone can't get the job done.

Other then that, I wish Coach Hutch the best of luck. He is a friend of mine and I know that he has wanted this oppurtunity for a long time. Good luck to him!

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

BytheNumbers wrote:. . . I think Heavy D must have missed the late season game when Nelsonville was surprised by Alexander!

Oh I'm sorry. I thought someone told me Nelsonville won another league title last year. I wasn't aware that Alexander won it. :lol:

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

You are right Heavy , Nelsonville took their half of the title back to Buchtel .

Return to “Football”